Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by colpuck
Nice piece of understated humor. ^

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I wish I could have been there to see that...

We just got home from PSP. It was a productive trip, as we nearly completed our holiday shopping yesterday afternoon. :-:
It was priceless. I guess you haz a new story about Wilmington for your boss. Most of my remaining Christmas shopping will be accomplished from teh couch tomorrow.

Originally Posted by baglady
That is one cute doggy!!!!^
There are some stills of him on book.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:02 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Laptop? Pop the drive itself out?
It was Norton being evil.

Last edited by msv; Dec 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by baglady
I had four mini hello kitty shaped ones. It was made from a mix from Williams-Sonoma Plus1 got for me. I topped it with brown sugar and syrup and paired it with a cold organic skim milked served in a pilsner. Thanks to Plus1 for a perfect breakfast!^
They sound delish. Going to give it a shot one of these weekends. Saw the mix on WS and some recipes online as well. :-:

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by gbryan84
You really want that EXP. I dont know if I could start from scratch on AA given that you only get free upgrades <20% of the time b/c of the stupid stickers. However, I hear EXP is pretty nice ^
If ur not willing to spend money on the stickers then yeah but since I would pay it i got upgraded much more often. 76% as a Gold and 100% as a Plat.

EXP will be bliss for me
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by icurhere2
My car currently has 199,500+ miles on it. After some of the behavior last night, there's some doubt whether it will reach 200k.
What kind of car do you have again?

Here I'm in the debate of a 2010 Jetta TDI now or a Focus Titainum in the spring.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
What kind of car do you have again?

Here I'm in the debate of a 2010 Jetta TDI now or a Focus Titainum in the spring.
It's a 1998 Ford - the replacement transmission (which has been refunded as it failed under warranty) is making a rattle in other gears. Current acquisition plan for other vehicle is Thursday night - seller is a good friend who needs to get his wife a Mercury Milan first

Jetta TDIs are pretty common around here despite the 25 cent or so premium for diesel.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck
I hook my boss up with Nutella and Walkers whenever he wants them, so he is pretty tolerant.
Interesting, so it's okay to stock up on Nutella and Walkers but it's not okay to take soda cans home?

Ha, I stocked up on those for one of my coworkers this weekend.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Interesting, so it's okay to stock up on Nutella and Walkers but it's not okay to take soda cans home?
Isnt that heavy? I used to grab a couple of CranApple's from the RCC when I lived in queens because they didnt sell that brand in the stores around me.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:19 pm

Anyone here doing the SunTrust business checking account deal for DL miles? I'm going to call the people Gary Leff posted about tomorrow to see if I can still get in. Basically $550 for 250,000 DL miles and a little work.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:23 pm

Isnt that heavy? I used to grab a couple of CranApple's from the RCC when I lived in queens because they didnt sell that brand in the stores around me.
Yeah, I posted here in October that I took quite a few home and got reamed but apparently it's okay to take walkers and nutellas home for some people and it's not okay for some other people...some people have a funny sense of humor on FT I guess...YMMV...
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Anyone here doing the SunTrust business checking account deal for DL miles? I'm going to call the people Gary Leff posted about tomorrow to see if I can still get in. Basically $550 for 250,000 DL miles and a little work.
Might have to investigate once I close off my mortgage in the next few weeks ...
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:31 pm

Might have to investigate once I close off my mortgage in the next few weeks ...
I think everything has to be set up and funded by 12/31. You might also have to do the 1 transaction on the debit card by then too. I'm going to call tomorrow to get more info and I'll let you know. There aren't any hard pulls and you only have to fund the account with $1,000 + the debit card fees of $55/each.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:36 pm

I think everything has to be set up and funded by 12/31. You might also have to do the 1 transaction on the debit card by then too. I'm going to call tomorrow to get more info and I'll let you know. There aren't any hard pulls and you only have to fund the account with $1,000 + the debit card fees of $55/each.
So you need $10,000 + $550 + The Time?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Jetta TDIs are pretty common around here despite the 25 cent or so premium for diesel.
35 mpg average (41 highway) has something to do with that. It seems they are faster off the line than the gas version.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I regret choosing CO for my flights this weekend. That is all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.