Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO PC Dragon Accuses Me Of Stealing My Way Into The PC.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO PC Dragon Accuses Me Of Stealing My Way Into The PC.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Angry CO PC Dragon Accuses Me Of Stealing My Way Into The PC.

Boy did I have a great time at CLE this past Sunday.

The first challenge was getting a gate pass. First I had to convince the agent to look up "GG Checkpoint line 53." After that she said to just show my PC membership to the TSA and then I'll be able to get through. After getting a totally blank stare from the TSA agent I went back and was able to finally get a gate pass after she called the PC for instructions.

If only CO would've taken the advice from this thread...

So then I get to the PC and hand "THE AGENT" my lifetime membership and go into the PC.

5 minutes later Martha comes over to my seat in a huff and asks to me see drivers license immediately. I give it over and she starts bellowing at me, "So, that lifetime PC membership wasn't yours was it, it must've been your father's membership! How long have you been stealing PC access this way???"

I calmly ask what in the world she was talking about. She says "The membership was opened in 1989 and as I was born in 1984 the lifetime membership clearly wasn't mine."

I told her that you have it wrong, my Onepass account was indeed opened in 1989, but the lifetime membership wasn't purchased until 2007.

"You lie!" She excalims, and then proceeds to point to my Onepass number on the Lifetime PC membership card. "I just looked up this member number and it was definitely opened before you were 21 years old whcih is impossible."

Again I explained that she must be confusing my Onepass account and my PC membership as I know that I paid $4,000 for my membership just 2 years ago, and besides I've never met another person in the world with my name and I showed her my Onepass card stating "member since '89."

At this point (I don't think she heard a word I said) she said that she'll be investigating this further and she is going to leave notes in my account with the full details of the scam I've been running.

At this point I'm livid and ask her for her name and employee number. She said "My name is WITHHELD and that's all you need to know" as she stormed back into the dragon's lair.

On my way out of the PC some 15 minutes later she sheepishly apologizes and said that she went to a different screen which confirmed that my PC membership was just 2 years old.

Well that's enough venting...so my fellow FT'ers, what would you do at this point? Let it fly? File a complaint?

Last edited by MBM3; Sep 16, 2009 at 11:51 am
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
On my way out of the PC some 15 minutes later she sheepishly apologizes and said that she went to a different screen which confirmed that my PC membership was just 2 years old.

Well that's enough venting...so my fellow FT'ers, what would you do at this point? Let it fly? File a complaint?
I think you should forgive and forget, and next time take her a chocolate truffle when you go, she will never forget you and your kindness after her mistake and blowup at you.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Wow, just wow! I'd definitely file a complaint about it! Something needs to be done for that type of behavior. I got gate passes twice in CLE and it was an ordeal both times, but never did I have an issue with the club, other than them putting away EVERYTHING before 8PM when the club closes at 830
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:45 pm

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Programs: Pre Merger - CO Plat/1MM/STAR. Post Merger - UA 1K/2MM.
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I think you should forgive and forget, and next time take her a chocolate truffle when you go, she will never forget you and your kindness after her mistake and blowup at you.
Plus1 ^^

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Wow, just wow! I'd definitely file a complaint about it! Something needs to be done for that type of behavior. I got gate passes twice in CLE and it was an ordeal both times, but never did I have an issue with the club, other than them putting away EVERYTHING before 8PM when the club closes at 830
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:53 pm

^

Here I thought the first response to this thread would be tearing the PC dragon a new one...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
+1
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I guess I'm in the minority here, and I'm okay with that. However, after the following quotes/exclamations, I'd be rather peeved. If you were questioned or had a discussion around it, it's one thing, but to be told "You lie" is just plain wrong, IMO.

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
"So, that lifetime PC membership wasn't yours was it, it must've been your father's membership! How long have you been stealing PC access this way???"

"The membership was opened in 1989 and as I was born in 1984 the lifetime membership clearly wasn't mine."

"You lie!" "I just looked up this member number and it was definitely opened before you were 21 years old whcih is impossible."
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:02 pm

I think you should do both. Although instead of writing to CO, write to the agent that yelled at you about her attitude and how it affected you. If you receive the same treatment again, then write to CO.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
This agent not only made a mistake, but was unprofessional and vindictive. She apologized only when the OP was leaving the club, instead of coming to find him once she realized her mistake. Why on earth should the OP reward this behavior? It's the agent who should extend some extra kindness to the OP, not the other way around. The OP has already shown her courtesy and respect by not losing his temper during her attack.

Last edited by justforfun; Sep 15, 2009 at 10:13 pm
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:05 pm

Can't you just be happy that you're young enough to look out of place at the PC?

Unless she embarrassed you in front of your gf I wouldn't be mad.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP & CK, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec.
You did mean an Ex-Lax "chocolate" truffle, right?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by COFreqFlyer
Plus1 ^^

WOW U R a wise man.... NOT
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
She made a mistake, and although she acted unprofessionally about it, she did acknowledge the mistake after the fact and did apologize. While I'm sure she irritated you, I'd accept that and move on.

I'm assuming you emptied the bowl of shortbread cookies into your bag while you were still mad. You can keep those, and call it even.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by channa
She made a mistake, and although she acted unprofessionally about it, she did acknowledge the mistake after the fact and did apologize. While I'm sure she irritated you, I'd accept that and move on.

I'm assuming you emptied the bowl of shortbread cookies into your bag while you were still mad. You can keep those, and call it even.
The latter part about the shortbreads is classic.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: CO Gold
let's put it this way

after the 'you lie'.......she is NOT going to apologize AGAIN....you accepted her apology and FT has no business asking for a second apology......let's not make this a political issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.