FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

pbarnette Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am

Originally Posted by marshall200 (Post 12715663)
:td:

wow what a big disapointment. seems Elite bonus are only earned on CO/LH/UA

:td:

Welcome to *A... A lot of nice things about *A, but partner earnings aren't among them.

Scott - Can you clarify as to the situation with codeshares? My experience with other *A carriers has been that the codeshare fare class maps to a fare class on the operating carrier and that you earn based upon that operating carrier. For example, suppose I have a UA codeshare on SK, booked in the discount bucket. This would map to a SK discount bucket and, accordingly, would earn 25% with no elite bonuses, rather than 100% + bonuses.

The earnings chart is mum on this, so any clarification you can provide would be much appreciated. Indeed, the earnings charts sort of imply that most codeshares don't earn anything at all, which I suspect is not the case.

One other question - Can you confirm that we earn full bonuses on ALL LH flights? I know that UA previously only offered them on TATL flights and getting them worldwide would be a coup.

KosraeTV Oct 27, 2009 1:38 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 12715314)
our new Star Alliance Upgrade Awards give you an option to redeem miles for upgrades on 16 of our fellow Star Alliance members. Please note that upgrade amounts are per-segment (not per one-way) and in most cases, upgrades awards are only valid in conjunction with Y and B class fares.

UM.... NOPE... not on TG.... Not online or calling in.

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 12715449)
No Bonus Miles on Partners to Asia SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is B%LL SH%T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mala In Se (Post 12715688)
Continental is making the choice easy for OnePass members living on Guam.

The website is showing 70,000 miles RT for flights to Beijing, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok at the Saverpass level.

In contrast, Delta/NWA starts at 20,000 miles for the same itinerary.

Gee, I wonder which horse I'll be backing.

Yup glad I got the free plat level on delta actually as Delta / NW is kicking CO's butt in the GUM market now and that's a shame as it's CO's hub.

Guess when they moved Wally Diaz to Hong Kong office and Mark Erwin to head up the switch over they basically told us all out here to kiss their tail fin. And it's funny but just talked to a few guys in the GUM office today....

Originally Posted by benolaa (Post 12715455)
Our first angry customer of the night...and now the fun begins!

Nope... he's not only the first I beat him too it but late to post.... I was tied up getting told by a Plat Representative if I didn't like it to go back to Skyteam... Now that's employee job satisfaction I expect to see from NW not CO employees.

Welcome to the friendly world of *A.... :td: :td: :td: :td:

This just adds to the hour long phone calls I've had from overseas to the Executive Desk to CO employees who don't know that CO flies out of Seattle :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mala In Se Oct 27, 2009 1:48 am

Originally Posted by KosraeTV (Post 12715809)

Yup glad I got the free plat level on delta actually as Delta / NW is kicking CO's butt in the GUM market now and that's a shame as it's CO's hub.

Guess when they moved Wally Diaz to Hong Kong office and Mark Erwin to head up the switch over they basically told us all out here to kiss their tail fin. And it's funny but just talked to a few guys in the GUM office today....

Yeah, I'm glad I got the free plat on delta too. I am very disappointed though, I truly do prefer flying Continental...

Oh well.

pricklycomedian Oct 27, 2009 1:51 am

Thanks, Scott! ^^

pc

KosraeTV Oct 27, 2009 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Mala In Se (Post 12715826)
Yeah, I'm glad I got the free plat on delta too. I am very disappointed though, I truly do prefer flying Continental...

Oh well.

Yeah I love CO Mic more then anyone else, we get put out as collateral to bail CO out of bankruptcy, are a high revenue machine (ie overcharge massively) for them and what do they do... kiss newark and houston butt while telling us to go sod off. Sometimes CO can really make you feel like a slut. You support them fully then they shove it up your backside when you're not looking :)

It's a shame. But as Meehan said when he was Pres Co Mic, you don't like it then swim. I guess they've kept that motto going no matter how many times they assure you that they value your business. No choice now till we get to GUM or HNL then we can route other airlines. We'll see how it pans out but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling.

OH wait... I forgot to pad my post count and say THANKS SCOTT :) Boy this feels great so far .........

kingalien Oct 27, 2009 2:18 am

Terrific news and thanks Scott.

For me, RCC access is what I wanted most. Now I get to join the mice at the IAD RCCs ;).

Also, was on a NZ flight today and they actually had their November AVOD program schedule available and the back cover had the announcement that CO is joining Star Alliance ^.

filmwill Oct 27, 2009 2:41 am

Sweet. Was able to book my C class reward on Thai. A few botched attempts, sure, but after 2 hours, seems like the persistence finally paid off.

G'night, y'all.

channa Oct 27, 2009 2:42 am

Just a heads up to validate mileage quoted on awards booked on the phone.

I was quoted just 70K for a NA-Caribbean in F which should have been 60K (it's 60K J or 2-class F, 80K 3-class F, and I have only 2-class planes on a mix of AC, CO, UA, and US metal :D , and it looks like I'm in compliance with the 1 stopover + 1 open jaw rules).

I'm being told a UA segment is pushing it up to the 3-class price, despite it being only 2-class. I have it on hold, and was told to call in the morning to have the *A desk look at it.

Carolinian Oct 27, 2009 3:35 am

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12715618)
Sounds like they are adding LH YQ charge of $244

YQ is the abbreviation for ''customer ripoff''. It is nothing but theft.

Glad CO is not nailing members on this, unlike those bandits at DL.

Steph3n Oct 27, 2009 4:02 am

IAH E is all decked out in :-: an hour and 15 min early:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/...b28d8dfcd9.jpg

snod08 Oct 27, 2009 5:02 am

The only thing I did not like in the EQM/RDM earnings is that "deeply discounted LH economy fares for non-intra-Europe flights earn only 50% EQM/RDM".
This sucks because I was planning to use CO to FRA and then LH to MAA.

So, I have to buy higher fares to earn 100% ....well, I guess I have to either buy higher fares or choose some other carrier.
LH is usually very convenient to MAA from East Coast USA.

But, overall, glad to see that everything is rolling out....though everyone cannot be happy with everything.

OPFlyer Oct 27, 2009 5:42 am

Thanks Scott!!! This is great news!

HeathrowGuy Oct 27, 2009 5:49 am

You KNOW HeathrowGuy has to say this...

Ladies and gents, I'll retire the saying for good after midnight EST tonight, but right now you know I just gotta say it:

CHANGE HAS COME TO CONTINENTAL AIRLINES!

seattleBH Oct 27, 2009 5:50 am

(never mind - I found what I was looking for)

Benjh Oct 27, 2009 5:55 am

Originally Posted by seattleBH (Post 12716379)
Can someone please point me to the * milage earning chart? I can see the various Star partners listed, but I don't see the actual earnings that others have posted about. Could be me... Could be co.com....

Thanks

http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...ePartners.aspx

It's not a chart you have to click on the partner that interests you. Just like it used to be.