Search

The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2002, 10:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Come help me celebrate my birthday ... God help me ...

The 2003 festival will take place
July 25, 26 & 27
(Always the last full weekend in July).

Thanks to everyone who supported the 15th annual Oregon Brewers Festival at Tom McCall Waterfront Park in downtown Portland, Oregon. Perfect 80-degree weather made for a successful event - an estimated 83,000 craft beer lovers poured through the gates over the three day weekend.

Each year, we invite 72 of the nation's premium craft breweries to participate in this event; an additional 20 Oregon breweries are invited to take part in the Oregon Brewers Pavillion, Beer is the focus, with many of the classic beer styles represented, including fruity ales, potent bocks, rich porters, formidable stouts, hoppy pale ales, flowery pilsners and syrupy barley wines.

The Oregon Brewers Festival is an excellent opportunity to sample and learn about a variety of beer styles. We also present an educational tent where you can learn more about beer through industry exhibits by hop growers, maltsters and national beer writers.

It is fitting that this festival takes place in Portland, which is considered one of the country's great brewing capitals. The state of Oregon has nearly 70 craft breweries, and Portland alone makes up a third of that number.

We encourage you to attend our three day festival and raise your glass to health, happiness and great craft beers.

Cheers!

Oregon Brewers Festival

Old Dec 7, 2002, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a revolutionary idea!

Such a novel concept!

I have a feeling that a decent number of FTers may possibly be interested in this gathering. BUt I don't know!

But to ess for coming up with this great idea!
Old Dec 8, 2002, 1:10 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Think the lure of lurching along I-5 w/koko at the wheel of a rented RV and dining room tables in the rooms will work?

Nahhhhh ...
Old Dec 8, 2002, 12:26 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
If I could attend only one annual food/beverage/music event in Portland, it would be the Spring Beer & Wine Fest. The next one is coming up April 18-19, 2003 (which I'll have to miss due to a scheduling conflict).

The last full weekend in July is, of course, reserved for the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 1:19 pm

Needless to say I'm a bit reluctant to say I'll make it...but I'm sure gonna try!

I'll be firming up my yearly travel schedule within the next few weeks, so will try to set aside the time. Again...
Old Dec 8, 2002, 2:12 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I've got this on my calendar...

I'll be eligible to join Team VSOI this year!
Old Dec 9, 2002, 9:20 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I've just about recovered from my last OBF, so I should be ready to try again in July.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
I've really enjoyed the OBF the past few years, and I still owe our hostess a drink from the 2002 festivities, but I'm afraid that I'll be in the pointy end of a Qantas 747 just before this year's OBF, headed to Western Australia.

Would someone be willing to drink one for me?
Old Dec 9, 2002, 10:36 am

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by greggwiggins:
Would someone be willing to drink one for me?</font>
I think I can manage that!
Old Dec 9, 2002, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I012609:
I think I can manage that!</font>
I knew I could count on you, Lisa.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 11:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by markbach:
I've got this on my calendar...

I'll be eligible to join Team VSOI this year!
</font>

New rule - no markbaching in the RV!

Old Dec 9, 2002, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
I'll come, even though I won't earn any miles for the trip.

------------------
"Yes, but at least mine will be found in a first class seat." -- Peattie and Taylor
Old Dec 9, 2002, 12:20 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mashav:
New rule - no markbaching in the RV! </font>
Actually, it's called "JSDing" now...
Old Dec 9, 2002, 1:23 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Ok. But no matter what the hell Geo says, I am flying into PDX this year. USair be ****ed!

Now, if someone wants to rent an RV to drive up to Seattle and back that weekend....
Old Dec 9, 2002, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Anyone know the stopover rules on a UA award for LH first class? Are RV transfers included?

If I show up, I'll be flying in from Germany since Dusseldorf is the weekend before....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.