FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2002, 10:21 pm
essxjay
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Come help me celebrate my birthday ... God help me ...

The 2003 festival will take place
July 25, 26 & 27
(Always the last full weekend in July).

Thanks to everyone who supported the 15th annual Oregon Brewers Festival at Tom McCall Waterfront Park in downtown Portland, Oregon. Perfect 80-degree weather made for a successful event - an estimated 83,000 craft beer lovers poured through the gates over the three day weekend.

Each year, we invite 72 of the nation's premium craft breweries to participate in this event; an additional 20 Oregon breweries are invited to take part in the Oregon Brewers Pavillion, Beer is the focus, with many of the classic beer styles represented, including fruity ales, potent bocks, rich porters, formidable stouts, hoppy pale ales, flowery pilsners and syrupy barley wines.

The Oregon Brewers Festival is an excellent opportunity to sample and learn about a variety of beer styles. We also present an educational tent where you can learn more about beer through industry exhibits by hop growers, maltsters and national beer writers.

It is fitting that this festival takes place in Portland, which is considered one of the country's great brewing capitals. The state of Oregon has nearly 70 craft breweries, and Portland alone makes up a third of that number.

We encourage you to attend our three day festival and raise your glass to health, happiness and great craft beers.

Cheers!

Oregon Brewers Festival