Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by skye1
Random question - is anyone staying at either of the SPG props this year?
---tried grabbing the list/spreadsheet, looks like a Hilton/Hyatt fest

(earing expiration on SPG's 35%--off-an-award re-qual "gift", & may use it for a week in Tokyo)
Yes! I will be at the Sheraton for the nights of 17 and 18 April. I have only recently finalized booking the remaining nights in Tokyo and will enter the details shortly so that they show up on the spreadsheet. See you next week!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Don't follow other passengers who are likely to walk in the direction of travel, and go down an escalator into the labyrinth of Shinjuku Station from which you will spend a long time to escape.
Great advice! Got a little lost (again) at the station yesterday....this time trying to find the Odakyu trains .
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
We're still looking for a few more people to sign up for the Friday dinner. The deadline is fast approaching, and I know some of you who plan to attend are waiting on last-minute schedule changes before committing. If you are one of those people, please feel free to PM me so we have a more accurate idea of who will be attending. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:25 am
Original Member

Any one coming in early to the Do with teenage children??
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Wow, I can't believe the events are just a week away! Do we know how many have shown an interest in going to Disney? Just curious as the Disney buses don't seem to run that often and could easily fill up, especially if we end up taking an entire one to ourselves
How will things progress? Do we just meet up at the bus terminal or is there going to be more details closer to the event? I guess it will be similar for the sat day trip to
Kamakura? (My first "do" so not quite familiar to the process yet)
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How do we reserve for the Mt Fuji trip on Sunday?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Wow, I can't believe the events are just a week away! Do we know how many have shown an interest in going to Disney? Just curious as the Disney buses don't seem to run that often and could easily fill up, especially if we end up taking an entire one to ourselves
By far, the easiest way to get to Tokyo Disneyland from downtown Tokyo is to take the JR Keiyō Line or JR Musashino Line to the JR Maihama station. Buses make sense when coming from the airport, but I wouldn't bother from downtown.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by amolkold
Am looking at that as well....does seem like quite a bit of time in transport, but well-worth the views....
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
I will be making name tags which will be handed out at the main events.

I know we all hate name-tags, but they do help us keep track of who is in our group and easily recognise each other.

The tags will have:
  • First Name
  • FT Handle
  • Home airport code

I already have this information for most people from the registration pages, but I have set a few PMs requesting this from those who did not include the information in the registration. There are also a few people who didn't include their Flyertalk handle in the signup information, so I have emailed you also.

Lanyards: I will try to pick up a small quantity of lanyards, however if you have your own lanyards - please feel free to bring them.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Re the Kamakura day trip can someone confirm if I can use my SUICA card to get me to Kamakura?

I take it all the other trains will be paid for on the day at the respective stations?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I found an old Suica card from a few years ago. Can it be reloaded? Do they expire at some point? I'm not sure if it still has money on it, but I plan to find out.

Bruce
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Moomba
Re the Kamakura day trip can someone confirm if I can use my SUICA card to get me to Kamakura?

I take it all the other trains will be paid for on the day at the respective stations?
Yes, you can use Suica to get to Kamakura and back. You may not be able to buy a one-day pass between Kamakura and Enoshima (recommended) with your Suica.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I found an old Suica card from a few years ago. Can it be reloaded? Do they expire at some point? I'm not sure if it still has money on it, but I plan to find out.

Bruce
They only expire if not used for 10 years.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Originally Posted by skye1
Am looking at that as well....does seem like quite a bit of time in transport, but well-worth the views....
I'll post more information later today. Stay tuned!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, you can use Suica to get to Kamakura and back. You may not be able to buy a one-day pass between Kamakura and Enoshima (recommended) with your Suica.
OK thanks. We can buy the one day pass with cash in Kamakura though or do we need to pre-purchase this before we leave Tokyo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.