Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hakone day trip tickets

I've updated post #370 with the handles of those who have confirmed for the Hakone day trip on Sunday. I assumed everyone wanted me to get tickets for them in advance.

The reason why I have asked for payment either on Thursday or Friday morning was to avoid the hassle of collecting money during the Do dinner. Last year poor armagebedar missed most of his drinks/food because he was collecting and counting money during the Do dinner. I also wanted to avoid any loss through no-shows and cancellation charges. Train tickets are easier to buy on the day but tickets for the buses will have to be booked in advance since we are now a group of over 20 and we want to make sure we can travel together.

I am going ahead and will buy bus tickets today on the assumption that those whose handles appear in bold in post #370 will agree to pay for any non-refundable fares or cancellation charges in the unlikely event they cannot come on the trip.

I wasn't expecting this trip to be so popular. With a half a dozen or so participants I was expecting everyone should have been able to buy their own tickets or pay for them with their Suica card (with the exception of the Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko ticket) but we will be a group of 20+. In future I will try and arrange some means of prepayment if necessary but we don't have the time this year. Thank you for your understanding and I'll see many of you tomorrow evening or on Friday!

Safe travels everybody.

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
With regards to this, do we have any suggestions on how to make this work for the few of us? I don't really have any solutions though, to be honest. Not sure if something like paypal would work, or perhaps a wire transfer (which we'll pay for any fees associated with it).

Otherwise, may be we can get the tickets ourselves? I guess sitting apart for a couple of hours (hopefully) won't kill us.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
I have safely arrived in Tokyo after an unexpected Satay eating contest in the MH C cabin... There is a story there, perhaps I really should write that TR

Upon boarding the NEX at T2 I found that the artist known as carlousmoochous had boarded at T1 and was sitting 1 row behind my allocated seat. Fortunately the train was mostly empty, so we could be naughty and sit together.

If anyone is in town today / tonight and would like to catch up for a quick pre-pre-pre-pre-do beverage or dinner, then let me know... Naturally with this being Flyertalk I have a suite and lounge access at the Hyatt Regency.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to the main event kicking off at 7pm tomorrow evening at Eau de Vie in the Hyatt Regency. Given that I am staying at the Hyatt Regency, I am hopeful that I won't get lost en route to Welcome Drinks this year!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Thanks Newbie! To be clear, you're pre purchasing the bus which I'll pay you for at the dinner, but I'll get my own train ( as per your notes in 320)?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:40 am

Off to the airport. See you all on Thursday night.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm in Paris CDG Terminal 2E, waiting to board the overnight A380 to NRT. So far, so good!

Bruce
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by tkey75
Thanks Newbie! To be clear, you're pre purchasing the bus which I'll pay you for at the dinner, but I'll get my own train ( as per your notes in 320)?
I'm not sure how you got the impression that I would not buy a train ticket for you. I am going to buy a train ticket for Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko for everybody whose handle appears in bold in post #370 unless they specifically ask me NOT TO.

I will try and PM everybody on the list. Please let me know as soon as possible if you DON'T want me to buy a train ticket for Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: QF WP
Looks like we have picked the perfect time for a day trip to the Five Lakes area, with a lot of action (for the trees) happening mid/late this week. http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/saku..._fujigoko.html (In that link, the area of most interest to us would be around Lake Kawaguchi).

Last edited by Awesom Andy; Apr 16, 2014 at 8:54 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
Could we set a time and location at the Hyatt Regency to meet up before the Do Dinner. I am not familiar with Tokyo and would not want to get lost as well.

Originally Posted by penegal
I have safely arrived in Tokyo after an unexpected Satay eating contest in the MH C cabin... There is a story there, perhaps I really should write that TR

Upon boarding the NEX at T2 I found that the artist known as carlousmoochous had boarded at T1 and was sitting 1 row behind my allocated seat. Fortunately the train was mostly empty, so we could be naughty and sit together.

If anyone is in town today / tonight and would like to catch up for a quick pre-pre-pre-pre-do beverage or dinner, then let me know... Naturally with this being Flyertalk I have a suite and lounge access at the Hyatt Regency.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to the main event kicking off at 7pm tomorrow evening at Eau de Vie in the Hyatt Regency. Given that I am staying at the Hyatt Regency, I am hopeful that I won't get lost en route to Welcome Drinks this year!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:08 am

Hakone trip - bus tickets update

I've bought tickets for Gotemba-Tōgendai for the group. As the bus we are catching is coming from Shinjuku and not many passengers are likely to get off at Gotemba I wanted to make sue there are enough seats for us.

I've also called Fujikyu Bus, as no one seems to sell their tickets, and was told they would put on an additional bus from Kawaguchiko if there aren't enough seats for all of us on the bus!

Their website isn't very clear but it looks as if we might be able to use Suica for Kawaguchiko to Gotemba.

I should know by tomorrow evening the exact amount I need to collect from those going to Hakone on Sunday.

P.S. Thanks to everybody who has responded to my PM already.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

NewbieRunner, I tried to reply to you PM but the FT app kept crashing on me when I attempted to do so.

As I posted the other day, myself and emdash are in for the Sunday trip :-)
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by SQ421
Thanks, rwoman, for this suggestion.

Hoping to get together a few people to head to Tokyo Disney on Friday 18th April, the first day of the do. On that day, Tokyo Disneyland Park will be operating from 0800 to 1830 while the Tokyo DisneySea Park will operate from 0800 to 2200.

Tokyo Disney Resort is a 40 minute train ride from Shinjuku Station or a 15 minute train ride from Tokyo Central.

Train Directions to Tokyo Disney

The tickets are JPY6400 per person for a 1 day Passport, with a group discount (IIRC, minimum 25 people required to qualify) bringing the cost down to JPY5800 per person.

Tokyo Disney Ticket Prices

The idea is to get to the park around say 10AM and spend the day exploring before heading back into Shinjuku for the main Do Dinner.
Hi all,

Since SQ421 sadly will not be able to attend, I will be happy to step up and lead the group (unless someone else would like to). Tokyo Disneyland opens at 8:00 and DisneySea opens at 8:30. To avoid the opening-time chaos, I plan to arrive an hour or so after opening, departing from Shinjuku station at around 8:30 AM. If you'd like to join, meet me at at the Starbucks at the West Exit of Shinjuku Station at 8:15 AM--I'll be the American wearing a black polo, jeans, and tennis shoes. I will personally probably be heading to DisneySea, but will be happy to help anyone get to Disneyland too.

If you have any questions, PM me. I look forward to seeing you there!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 pm

Currently at The Club SJC waiting for my ANA 787 ride. Will be boarding in an hour and should hopefully see you all 14 hours from now at the Welcome shindig.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Was flying MEL-xAKL-BNE-xLAX- ... but my MEL-AKL was 7 hours or so late and I would have missed my AKL-BNE.

Now booked MEL-xLAX an received an Upgrade to First (from Business) on QF (A380).

Now in the MEL Qantas First lounge awaiting my flight (after a breakfast of Sweet Corn Fritters):
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although the cherry blossoms are for the most part gone in the Tokyo area, you might get a chance to enjoy the wisteria and azalea.

http://www.kameidotenjin.or.jp/english/index.html
http://www.nedujinja.or.jp/tutuji/t.html
http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/event...zalea-Festival
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by UaCoCo
Could we set a time and location at the Hyatt Regency to meet up before the Do Dinner. I am not familiar with Tokyo and would not want to get lost as well.
Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I will grab a warm-up drink in the Regency Club from 6pm, then head down to the foyer.

If Hilton and Hyatt guests want to meet me in the Foyer of the Hyatt Regency for a 6:30pm SHARP departure, that should give us ample time to get there around 6:45pm to be seated for dinner.

I will do a trial walk to the restaurant today to see how long it takes (and work out where I am going ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.