Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCI BBQ DO VII --July 20-22, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Some might consider Christopher Elbow's other shop Glacé Artisan Ice Cream 4960 Main St., Kansas City, MO Just south of the Plaza Library on Main Street. Especially in July
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by lili
Some might consider Christopher Elbow's other shop Glacé Artisan Ice Cream 4960 Main St., Kansas City, MO Just south of the Plaza Library on Main Street. Especially in July
The beet and goat cheese ice cream is ridiculously good.

Chris
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Hello, my wife and I are interested

We have heard good things about this from local FT. How does one go about this? Meaning, what is a good area to look for a hotel, get together, etc. It seems most attendees know each other or are familiar. Do I just book a hotel, then drive Saturday AM to first location and meet up with everyone? Sorry for newbie questions, as I'm checking up on our summer schedule to plan this if possible.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
your timing (at least for my schedule) is much better with this date. Its one of the few general times that I don't have to worry about weekend sports with the kids.

While I'm not even going to list probable, I'm definitely interested and will keep monitoring airfares

I love KC, love BBQ and want to attend big time..

anyone know if the Royals are in town?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
anyone know if the Royals are in town?
Twins are in town for the finale of a 10-game homestand following the All Star game in KC.

Sat game is scheduled for 6:10pm, Sun at 1:10PM. FOX/ESPN may change those times.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/sch...lendar=DEFAULT
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Count me in and +1. We will make the I-70 Jouney westward.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
Put me down as a tentative +1. Will know more as it gets closer
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
This is, as usual, on our radar. One of these years we will actually be able to make it. I hope this is the year.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by arollins
We have heard good things about this from local FT. How does one go about this? Meaning, what is a good area to look for a hotel, get together, etc. It seems most attendees know each other or are familiar. Do I just book a hotel, then drive Saturday AM to first location and meet up with everyone? Sorry for newbie questions, as I'm checking up on our summer schedule to plan this if possible.
Stay anywhere you want - we're scattered all over town. Friday night dinner is the meet and greet. After we're done scarfing down BBQ, we usually will do some adhoc planning for the next day. For instance, we all meet at Oklahoma Joe's the next day. At that point, you can join up with like minded individuals for various activities. Don't sweat not being part of the "in crowd". We're all friendly and welcoming.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm in. I've missed a couple of the recent ones due to travels...

Count me in for Friday night and Saturday lunch. We're going to the Royals game that night but I might meander back out to a dice table later if that's what's going down.

arollins, your best bet as an HH Gold is the Hilton President. Good hotel, walking distance to a lot of the downtown/Crossroads action. Also a Sheraton and Westin right there in the Crossroads, although I sort of like the President better - both as a hotel and the treatment you'll get with HH Gold vs. SPG Gold.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:20 pm

Count me in +1.

Also, if someone doesn't already do this, let me know if you all want the discounted Jack Stack BBQ gift cards, which are $79.99 at Costco (for $100 of gift cards). It' ll save us all the 20% off our meals.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm a maybe for Saturday this year after having to miss the last two years. I was just in KC for work for a few days and managed to hit Jack Stack (Plaza), Oklahoma Joe's, and Gates (Cleaver II) so I'm already looking forward to going back.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've put SAN-MCI on fare alerts. Air fares are pricey pricey right now - but sure do love bbq.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:50 am

Hmmm. A DO that's all about food. That sounds very much up my alley. I'm going to try to make it work in my schedule.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:28 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

I'm so sad that I'm already committed elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.