StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Subscribe
There are several forums where it is appropriate to discuss the possible CO-UA merger. Communitybuzz! is not one of them. Interestingly, some of you even recognised this - while continuing to post off-topic I have deleted a lot of posts which tried to go down this route and edited others which mentions it.

Please, as a courtesy to the do organisers, stay on-topic.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Quote: Is May 15th still the anticipated launch date for bookings? I seem to recall Tommy mentioning this date in LA last week (even being "under the influence" of two wicked American Pale Ales of intense hoppiness and 6%+ alcohol).
Well 5/15 was mentioned, but again we're dealing w/ "StarMegaDo" time, so who knows.

The one thing I'm confident of is that booking can't commence until they open it up, so no one needs to worry about getting scooped out of the TATL flights or charters.

Cheers.
I don't see having the ability to take that much time off - however, would it be possible to attend the IAH portion of the events only?
Quote: I don't see having the ability to take that much time off - however, would it be possible to attend the IAH portion of the events only?
The Frequent Traveler Awards program in Houston will be open to anyone who wants to show up. The dinner on Wednesday night and the events on Thursday morning will be open to charter flight participants only.
Will the Frequent Traveler Awards program be theater style, or awards dinner style? In other words, it is an evening event, but is dinner involved?
Quote: There are several forums where it is appropriate to discuss the possible CO-UA merger. Communitybuzz! is not one of them. Interestingly, some of you even recognised this - while continuing to post off-topic I have deleted a lot of posts which tried to go down this route and edited others which mentions it.

Please, as a courtesy to the do organisers, stay on-topic.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Other than suggesting that the timing of the SMDII is nicely timed to introduce us all to the new carrier. (Tommy did suggest there was a method behind this madness, and the IAH/CO-focus of the Do.)
Quote: Will the Frequent Traveler Awards program be theater style, or awards dinner style? In other words, it is an evening event, but is dinner involved?
Yes, there will be food and booze. We know our target audience.
Is the TATL basically everyone meeting for normal snacks/drinkies in the LH lounge before flight (vs last year's woo-hoo reception), the C on the flight, sleep upon arrival & the *Alliance (or whatever it will be called) dinner party, and then just snacks/drinkies before C flight to IAH, or is there something else involved?

Cheers.
Quote: Will the Frequent Traveler Awards program be theater style, or awards dinner style? In other words, it is an evening event, but is dinner involved?
Quote: Yes, there will be food and booze. We know our target audience.
Will we be able to pay for this with a credit card at the time of the Awards dinner, or will we need cash (or is it being sponsored at no charge to attendees)?
Quote: Is the TATL basically everyone meeting for normal snacks/drinkies.... or is there something else involved?
Will an abundance of bon mots along with the snacks/drinkies tickle your fancy?
Quote: Will an abundance of bon mots along with the snacks/drinkies tickle your fancy?
One thing is sure about bon mots, they will not make us gain weight! Now bon bons, those will make us gain lots!
The mailing list is now active again. Feel free to edit your existing subscription or sign up at this page: http://mail.starmegado.com/mailman/listinfo/news-blast
Quote: The mailing list is now active again. Feel free to edit your existing subscription or sign up at this page: http://mail.starmegado.com/mailman/listinfo/news-blast
Sorry for a stupid question but how do I edit my existing subscription (because I want to change my email address)?

Will signing up on the page with my FT handle and a new email address update my subscription? Thanks.
The password for existing subscription was in the email we send out when the mailing list was started. If you don't have that, just enter your original email ID in the lowest field in the link and request a password reminder.
Quote: The password for existing subscription was in the email we send out when the mailing list was started. If you don't have that, just enter your original email ID in the lowest field in the link and request a password reminder.
OK, I've managed to change my email address but is/was the password for email subscription different from the password to access the secure StarMegaDo website?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  16  56  106