Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
duplicate
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
More shenanigans: The hotel (Clarion Las Vegas) has now raised the room rates for my nights back up to exactly what I booked ($99 for 2 queens) before submitting a BRG claim. So - they temporarily lowered the rates on their website, once this was done, Choice Rate sends me the exciting news the rates have dropped so we booked you the lower rate because it really does not matter what you could find when you booked, our guarantee doesn't really mean you'll get a free night if the hotel doesn't want to give it to you.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
First BRG for Choice Hotels

New York Times Square West Comfort Inn 13/8/13

Choice hotels Website
$350

Competing Website 10% off
$315

Last edited by Rusell; Apr 21, 2013 at 9:01 pm
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Rusell
New York Times Square West Comfort Inn 13/8/13

Choice hotels Website
$350

Competing Website 10% off
$315
Nice find!

A free room in NYC is hard to come by
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
Nice find!

A free room in NYC is hard to come by
This hotel was closer to Times Square but i'm not sure what it's like.

Has anyone stayed at this property and could tell me what it's like!!

Last edited by Rusell; Mar 3, 2013 at 8:50 am
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:52 am

I haven't stayed there, but the hotel had decent reviews on TripAdvisor.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:58 pm

I have posted a program overview about the Choice Hotels best rate guarantee program on my blog. I have included a checklist so that readers can easily tell if their claim has a good chance of being approved.

http://bestrateguaranteehotels.blogs...guarantee.html

Also, there is a great Best Rate Guarantee opportunity for the Quality Inn Georgetown, TX. Details are included in this post:

http://bestrateguaranteehotels.blogs...ality-inn.html
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:25 pm

I stayed there last year on a BRG. The location is good and the rooms, although small, are clean and comfortable. OUr room was right off the lobby and I would definitely stay on a higher floor if possible, as we heard all of the morning activity right outside our door. The following night was a BRG at the Gem Chelsea which was a higher level, stylewise and clientele wise. I would recommend either, especially for free...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
I haven't stayed there, but the hotel had decent reviews on TripAdvisor.
Thanks for the Info
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by robertwcook16
I stayed there last year on a BRG. The location is good and the rooms, although small, are clean and comfortable. OUr room was right off the lobby and I would definitely stay on a higher floor if possible, as we heard all of the morning activity right outside our door. The following night was a BRG at the Gem Chelsea which was a higher level, stylewise and clientele wise. I would recommend either, especially for free...
Thanks for the feedback
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:57 am

Filed a BRG claim about 12hours ago, still no reply. Do they work on Saturday?

Regards.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Filed a BRG claim about 12hours ago, still no reply. Do they work on Saturday?

Regards.

I don't know about that but I am getting regularly emails from them on Saturdays. At least from time to time!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I don't know about that but I am getting regularly emails from them on Saturdays. At least from time to time!
Thanks for the information.

I just got their replies, they are not honest in processing the claim, the lower rate on third party website is gone and my claim got rejected with a funny reason.

Found another website, took a screen shot and reply to them. Was told to file a new claim form...Did that, and we shall see what's next...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Thanks for the information.

I just got their replies, they are not honest in processing the claim, the lower rate on third party website is gone and my claim got rejected with a funny reason.

Found another website, took a screen shot and reply to them. Was told to file a new claim form...Did that, and we shall see what's next...
Just keep trying....surprisingly they do actually approve claims .

I was approved for the Quality Inn Hollywood Walk of Fame a few days ago.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Obviously you roll the dice a bit when you file a Choice BRG (although there's really no risk on your part), but I wanted to share the following positive experience.

I needed a night for my family in Australia, and the Choice rates -- as well as competing properties -- was more than $200 room. To make matters worse, we're a family of 5 and room occupancy limits are 3.

With the help of kayak, I found a room rate on Agoda that was about $50 less than the Choice rate. The terms and conditions of the Choice BRG say you can have multiple rooms (I think the limit is something like 8!), and each room gets the first night free. So I booked 2 rooms on Choice for one night with the total cost about $500, filed a BRG, and expected to be rejected for some dubious reason or other.

But, to my surprise, they honored the BRG and zeroed out the cost of both rooms. So it never hurts to ask. And the "multiple rooms" feature is useful if you have a family, as you're limited to 1 claim a month per household (so you can't legally have your spouse do a separate BRG). Indeed, if you're a party of more than 2 (or even 2 if it's a friend or someone), you might as well book multiple rooms and be comfortable on your free stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.