Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
(As a side note; I was informed by the CSR that they no longer take claims over the phone. They used to do that last year, but have now stopped, and it all has to be done online.)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
Thanks again, RedReeper, for being the foremost light bearer and braving it for the masses .

I am completely shocked but pleasantly surprised to have had my claim approved!!! I followed your strategy, although because it was the weekend and SocialMedia is closed, I'm not sure if it made a difference. However both myself and a friend were able to get our BRG claims approved!

And that was a first.

Also in talking to the BRG CSR, I was told they no longer enforce the "must be the exact same Cancelllation terms" rule they used to have. So hopefully this is the start of a move towards business practices that have more integrity.
Excellent information gathering, T-storm. Thanks.
I cancelled the BRG I posted on FB, did another a week afterwards without a hitch. Glad you guys got your rooms, it does seem they are being less weasely with the BRGs.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:37 pm

Definitely seems like they're relaxing the cancellation terms. Just approved for one next week where the third party site let you cancel until noon but Choice let you cancel until 6pm.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by penner42
Definitely seems like they're relaxing the cancellation terms. Just approved for one next week where the third party site let you cancel until noon but Choice let you cancel until 6pm.
me too. got approved where the OTA had a 3 day cancel, and choice was flexible.

So do I understand this correctly, you are only allowed one free night now every 30 days?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by rankourabu
me too. got approved where the OTA had a 3 day cancel, and choice was flexible.

So do I understand this correctly, you are only allowed one free night now every 30 days?
You and whoever that live in the same address.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same thing with me, 3rd party site was day before, 12p. Choice was day before, 6p. Score!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Originally Posted by Freeroomguy
My last BRG was approved under these circumstances:

Booked Rate: $59.00 (Choice Best Available Rate)
Lower rate found: $55 (Refundable w/ free cancellation)

The Choice Hotels website still had a $47 non-refundable rate for this same room type but it WAS NOT offered to me even though it was a lower than my $55.

The BRG I did prior to this one was the same situation where the non-refundable choice rate was lower than my lower rate found. It too was approved.

What do you mean "The Choice Hotels Website still had a $47 non-refundable rate for this same room type but it WAS NOT offered to" you?? Not offered to you where?

The reason your BRG was approved is because it was exactly the same room rate type (i.e Best Available Rate/Refundable with Free Cancellation).
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I filed my second Choice BRG last night. My first, last summer, was easy. This time, a found a much lower rate on getaroom.com and all details were identical.

Choice denied my claim this morning because getaroom.com had "no inventory left." Sure enough, I went to getaroom after reading the email and there were no rooms at this particular Choice hotel available anymore -- even though there were several room types last night!

Is this just a coincidence -- or can Choice pull the inventory?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I filed my second Choice BRG last night. My first, last summer, was easy. This time, a found a much lower rate on getaroom.com and all details were identical.

Choice denied my claim this morning because getaroom.com had "no inventory left." Sure enough, I went to getaroom after reading the email and there were no rooms at this particular Choice hotel available anymore -- even though there were several room types last night!

Is this just a coincidence -- or can Choice pull the inventory?
It's possible when you booked the room with Choice, that was the last of the inventory for getaroom.com, and it doesn't update inventory in realtime.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's possible when you booked the room with Choice, that was the last of the inventory for getaroom.com, and it doesn't update inventory in realtime.
Yeah, but as I said, there were multiple room types available on getaroom when I booked my 1 room.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:36 am

Successful BRG claim

Two days ago I got my first BRG claim approved. Miami airport hotel was $6 less on Expedia. I received the reply about free night in just 2 hours! ^
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
brg form broken

brg form broken -- cannot enter arrival date. anybody else?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:07 am

Are you allowed to use special rates that are available to the public on third party websites? I know another chain forces you to use the best available rate with no additional discounts (even if available to anyone) in order to qualify.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by xylum
Are you allowed to use special rates that are available to the public on third party websites? I know another chain forces you to use the best available rate with no additional discounts (even if available to anyone) in order to qualify.
As long as it doesn't require a special code to enter at check-out, it should be fine.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:42 am

I submitted a claim for a hotel whose nightly room rate was the same as on the comfort inn website, but the total cost was just over $3 less. I didn't see anywhere on the terms and conditions that it had to be the nightly rate that was cheaper. Is this in fact true?

I am trying to book for the Comfort Inn in Birch Run, MI. It seems almost impossible to find a cheaper rate on a third party site. Has anyone had luck redeeming or finding a better rate on Comfort Inn hotels? Are there any tips for finding a better rate (such as timing, booking sites, rates, etc...)?

Last edited by xylum; Dec 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.