Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Just as a side note -
In my experience the staff on the weekends don't know what they are doing and they deny BRG's for invalid reasons. I resubmitted the same claim during the week (cancelled, rebooked, filed claim) and I got the BRG no problem. So my advice is Monday through Friday is better. Saturday and Sunday be prepared to deal with incompetence.
On the other hand, there are some sites (getaroom, which comes up through Kayak, being one of the main ones) that only offer discounted rates for some hotels outside of business hours (ie, overnight on weekngihts, but all weekend on weekends). The rates for hotels in my time zone appear like clockwork at 5:00 pm and disappear sometime in the morning (I haven't figured out the exact hour for the disappearance).

I've found that in other BRG programs, where you have to allow then 24 hours or so to find and duplicate the rate, you can thus only submit your claim between Friday night and early Sunday morning, to be sure the 24 hours will all be "outside of business hours" and thus that the rate will still be there when they go to check it.

So therein's the apparent dilemma: The Choice BRG team is at its worst during the time when the most BRGable rates may be available!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
On the other hand, there are some sites (getaroom, which comes up through Kayak, being one of the main ones) that only offer discounted rates for some hotels outside of business hours (ie, overnight on weekngihts, but all weekend on weekends). The rates for hotels in my time zone appear like clockwork at 5:00 pm and disappear sometime in the morning (I haven't figured out the exact hour for the disappearance).

I've found that in other BRG programs, where you have to allow then 24 hours or so to find and duplicate the rate, you can thus only submit your claim between Friday night and early Sunday morning, to be sure the 24 hours will all be "outside of business hours" and thus that the rate will still be there when they go to check it.

So therein's the apparent dilemma: The Choice BRG team is at its worst during the time when the most BRGable rates may be available!
I have only had three BRG submissions with Choice over the last year, and all three were on a Saturday afternoon. All three were approved, so I find Saturdays to be a good time submit BRGs to Choice.^
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:30 pm

BRG on Hotel Blake (Chicago) with hotels.com rate. Approved in 1 hour (and submitted at midnight).

Also matched my 2nd night to the lower 1st night rate! Beginners luck?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Here we go again, what a joke, clear-cut BRG against expedia, love the grammar in the last sentence.

The Best Internet Rate Guarantee program terms & conditions state that the rate located on a competing website must match the rate terms/restrictions that you made at www.choicehotels.com. The competing website information you submitted requires prepayment. The reservation you made at www.choicehotels.com is a pay when you stay at the hotel reservation.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Are you saying that the Expedia rate was pay when you make the reservation? Was it non-refundable? That would certainly seem to be different than the standard res through the Choice web site.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb
BRG on Hotel Blake (Chicago) with hotels.com rate. Approved in 1 hour (and submitted at midnight).

Also matched my 2nd night to the lower 1st night rate! Beginners luck?
Or, since they see you never had any requests on your account before
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by lougord99
Are you saying that the Expedia rate was pay when you make the reservation? Was it non-refundable? That would certainly seem to be different than the standard res through the Choice web site.
Expedia rate is completely refundable until the night before, and as with most Expedia bookings, it requires you to pay when booking. Choice rate was cancelable until night before too. Looks like they are doing this denial as last resort when they cant find any other reason for rejection.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Just finished a free night at Hotel Blake in Chicago. No issues whatsoever, and also got stay and points for the free night.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:03 pm
Suspended

How was Hotel Blake? I saw that one posted on the internet but I was nowhere near Chicago.

Also - how did you manage to get points? It seems I never get points for BRGs. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:30 am

My recent experience - I had a BRG in NY that I found on 04/27 late evening and I submitted the claim. Next morning I receive the email that the rates were the same on the competing site. I checked it and that was true.
On 04/28 I was searching & I find the old lower rate on the competing site and I create another booking and submit another claim (cannot call as the lines are closed for the day).
Again the same response the next day - I check it and the rates are matching.
On 04/29 evening I see the same pattern for the same property but it happens at such a time that online submission is the only option. However I wait till the next day morning and I find the rates have changed to match choice hotel site.

Just thought of sharing - so far no luck for me (note - I did submit the BRGs using different accounts).
Old May 2, 2014, 4:57 am
Suspended

Bump

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Also - how did you manage to get points? It seems I never get points for BRGs. Am I missing something?
Old May 2, 2014, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by domino007
My recent experience - I had a BRG in NY that I found on 04/27 late evening and I submitted the claim. Next morning I receive the email that the rates were the same on the competing site. I checked it and that was true.
On 04/28 I was searching & I find the old lower rate on the competing site and I create another booking and submit another claim (cannot call as the lines are closed for the day).
Again the same response the next day - I check it and the rates are matching.
On 04/29 evening I see the same pattern for the same property but it happens at such a time that online submission is the only option. However I wait till the next day morning and I find the rates have changed to match choice hotel site.

Just thought of sharing - so far no luck for me (note - I did submit the BRGs using different accounts).

Those are all weekdays!!!

Did you not read my post 376 right above, where I pointed out that:
There are some sites (getaroom, which comes up through Kayak, being one of the main ones) that only offer discounted rates for some hotels outside of business hours (ie, overnight on weekngihts, but all weekend on weekends). The rates for hotels in my time zone appear like clockwork at 5:00 pm and disappear sometime in the morning (I haven't figured out the exact hour for the disappearance).

Old May 26, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone ever tried to do a BRG on a reservation with more than one room, with getting a free night on each room?

From the way I'm reading the Choice BRG T&C's up to nine rooms on the same reservation is allowed, but part of me feels that Choice isn't that nice in reality.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Has anyone ever tried to do a BRG on a reservation with more than one room, with getting a free night on each room?

From the way I'm reading the Choice BRG T&C's up to nine rooms on the same reservation is allowed, but part of me feels that Choice isn't that nice in reality.
I have successfully gotten a BRG for two rooms. Not sure a free stay (only one night) at a Rodeway Inn was worth the effort.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Doesn't Choice normally refund the prepayment charge if a BRG goes though? I've had one charge still sitting on my credit card for over a month now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.