Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tour Operators

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jiejie
If a "friend" recommended them, don't you trust your friend more than you trust a bunch of strangers on Flyertalk?
jiejie: Did you check out their website? They are dirt cheap.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by moondog
jiejie: Did you check out their website? They are dirt cheap.
That's not the point. Even if they are dirt cheap and also take credit cards. The point is we have somebody who keeps repeatedly asking the same question on familiarity with a company, to no avail, and who apparently doesn't trust the friend's recommendation. I doubt if asking the question another 100 times in the next week on FT is going to produce a different result.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by jiejie
That's not the point. Even if they are dirt cheap and also take credit cards. The point is we have somebody who keeps repeatedly asking the same question on familiarity with a company, to no avail, and who apparently doesn't trust the friend's recommendation. I doubt if asking the question another 100 times in the next week on FT is going to produce a different result.
Any outfit that has the ability to bring my sister (east coast) to China and back for $1200, is thread worthy. Based on this price point, it should go without saying that the tours themselves will suck. That having been said, I want to encourage topics of this sort.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Best way to do the wall in 1/2 a day

My fiance and I will be in Beijing from 6/20-24. We want to do the wall but she isn't much of a hiker. In general I hate tours unless they are private. I'm willing to pay for a good guide/ car service to the wall.
Couple questions:
1) Given that we don't want too much of a hike, what part of the wall should we go to?
2) Any recommendations on car services with English speaking guides for a 1/2 day?
3) Is it worth throwing the Ming Tombs into the mix?

Thanks,
ejh25
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25
My fiance and I will be in Beijing from 6/20-24. We want to do the wall but she isn't much of a hiker. In general I hate tours unless they are private. I'm willing to pay for a good guide/ car service to the wall.
Couple questions:
1) Given that we don't want too much of a hike, what part of the wall should we go to?
2) Any recommendations on car services with English speaking guides for a 1/2 day?
3) Is it worth throwing the Ming Tombs into the mix?

Thanks,
ejh25
Go to Mutianyu; you can take the cable car up and the alpine slide down. You really don't need a guide; what you see is what you get.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:34 am

Go to Mutianyu; you can take the cable car up and the alpine slide down. You really don't need a guide; what you see is what you get.
Thanks. Should we have our hotel hire a cab for us for the day to get to Mutianyu?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:41 am

Thanks. Should we have our hotel hire a cab for us for the day to get to Mutianyu?
Not unless you fancy paying for a hotel car.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:37 am

Not unless you fancy paying for a hotel car.
So what's the best transport option, negotiate with a cab on the street?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:12 am

So what's the best transport option, negotiate with a cab on the street?
search here (only a little)
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:17 am

search here (only a little)
I searched on "wall" "great wall" and "Mutianyu" in this thread and nothing came up except my posts. I searched elsewhere but it doesn't pop out at me. If you know it really doesn't take much more effort than posting "search here."
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:21 am

I searched on "wall" "great wall" and "Mutianyu" in this thread and nothing came up except my posts. I searched elsewhere but it doesn't pop out at me. If you know it really doesn't take much more effort than posting "search here."
Try "beijing drivers". If this topic isn't on one of our new stickies, it should be.
'
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:38 am

Try "beijing drivers". If this topic isn't on one of our new stickies, it should be.
'
Thanks, I'm reading through the Beijing Car Service thread right now.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:44 am

Thanks, I'm reading through the Beijing Car Service thread right now.
Nice. Just jot down some phone numbers and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
We're working on getting the right threads linked in our main guide section, so thanks for your data point. Hope to make it easy for future guests.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: united, usair, southwest, gulfair, hertz
Moondog and all other posters. Thank you.

I am forewarned. I usually travel solo and just did a 9 day solo driving trip of Greece. Just loved it till the weather turned. I am taking a China Spree tour next week: Beijing and Shanghai because I don't know a word of Chinese and I am not sure of my way around alone. I will be watchful and enjoy what I can. I want winter photographs..hope I get them. No time for Harbin this year...will try again or go to Quebec for their festival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.