Wiki Posts
Search

Doughnuts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by rjque
I've been twice now and agree with the OP. Once to the West Fulton Market location, and once to the one at six corners. Both times I couldn't eat a whole doughnut, nor did I have any desire to. Too heavy, IMHO.

The only thing they got right was the texture of the bacon on the maple bacon bar. The only other one I've had is at Voodoo in PDX, and it featured a piece of limp and practically uncooked bacon. This was much better.
I'm guessing you had cake, as opposed to raised doughnuts, as I don't think a raised doughnut could be heavy if made properly. I think the issue is that they're huge, not to mention expensive.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I'm guessing you had cake, as opposed to raised doughnuts, as I don't think a raised doughnut could be heavy if made properly. I think the issue is that they're huge, not to mention expensive.
They were raised, and they were too heavy (or dense) for my taste. Not as dense as cake, but still too dense. They were also too big, but that was only because they were so dense.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The Donut Fest is occurring January 26th but the event is sold out already. Details here:
http://donutfest.com/
Bakeries participating:
http://donutfest.com/participating-bakers/
More info here:
http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-ente...to-glaze-over/
Jerry, you did a bad thing.

One of the participating bakeries (Gurnee Donuts) is about 10 minutes from my office.

I am already in donut withdrawal mode!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Jerry, you did a bad thing.

One of the participating bakeries (Gurnee Donuts) is about 10 minutes from my office.

I am already in donut withdrawal mode!
1030a in Chicagoland, sounds like there's a donut calling your name.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:29 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Longtime LA area donut shop Stan's donuts has opened at corner of Damen, North Ave, Milwaukee.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Longtime LA area donut shop Stan's donuts has opened at corner of Damen, North Ave, Milwaukee.
And it is very, very good. I'm going to get very fat with that in the neighborhood.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
A friend brought an assortment to brunch on Sunday and they were delicious. I don't remember all that we had, but I'd definitely go back for some more!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is a Paczki a doughnut? I've never had one, but Uber is delivering them tomorrow and I may give it a shot.

http://blog.uber.com/paczki?htm_sour...sday-happiness
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by rjque
Is a Paczki a doughnut? I've never had one, but Uber is delivering them tomorrow and I may give it a shot.

http://blog.uber.com/paczki?htm_sour...sday-happiness
More like a filled jelly donut.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visited Do-Rite Do-Nuts and Chicken on Erie recently and had the cinnamon crunch and the buttermilk old-fashioned. Both were warm and excellent.

Also visited the Glazed and Infused storefront on Hubbard St, and had a old-fashioned which was good but, imo, not as good as the Do-Rite version.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Visited Do-Rite Do-Nuts and Chicken on Erie recently and had the cinnamon crunch and the buttermilk old-fashioned. Both were warm and excellent.

Also visited the Glazed and Infused storefront on Hubbard St, and had a old-fashioned which was good but, imo, not as good as the Do-Rite version.
Reminds me that I have had a couple of "do-sants," Mariano's version of the cronut (which I have not had). They're pretty sinful. I can only imagine what the real thing tastes like.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Reminds me that I have had a couple of "do-sants," Mariano's version of the cronut (which I have not had). They're pretty sinful. I can only imagine what the real thing tastes like.
I have also had these and they are pretty 👍.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
In my opinion, the donuts across the street at Glazed and Infused are much better.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
In my opinion, the donuts across the street at Glazed and Infused are much better.
Funny, I always ask myself why anyone would go to Glazed and Infused when Stan's is right there. I wasn't a fan of G&I when I tried them a year ago, but I suppose I'm due for another test.

I think Stan's is close to the best in the city. Donut Vault cake donuts are better, but you have to deal with hipster nonsense to get them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.