Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

St. Jude patient in bloody takedown at checkpoint

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Jude patient in bloody takedown at checkpoint

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:46 pm

2016-09-28 43 MSCAA Reply to 41 re MJP 22
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:43 pm

Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
I particularly enjoy the explanation of and reference to the "legal entity known as 'Sai'."

One can just about see the frustration and annoyance dripping from the AUSA's words...! Good show!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Section 107
I particularly enjoy the explanation of and reference to the "legal entity known as 'Sai'."
The scarequotes and so forth with my name is annoying. Oh noes, I only have one name, zomg.

On the other hand, they also made an attempt to use gender-neutral pronouns. ^ That could be some sort of insinuation of "this person's a weirdo", especially in the South, or it could be a genuine attempt to show respect. I'm choosing to try to believe the latter.

On the gripping hand, they did so with capital They, and I'm not a god, as I pointed out in the footnote at the end of my reply.

(My reply is in the mail, not on the docket yet, since the court, by default, doesn't allow pro se CM/ECF access. I could post the digital original, but I like having the CM/ECF headers.)

I dunno. I haven't had any interaction with this AUSA other than a couple emails about service and asking whether they opposed me having leave to file a reply (they didn't). So, who knows.

But it gave me the idea to start adding a sentence about my preferred pronouns in the footnote I give on initial papers to say that Sai is my full legal name (to avoid confusion). I figure that's a positive. And I did get MSCAA to un-redact the filing.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by saizai
And I did get MSCAA to un-redact the filing.

Awesome, congrats!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:48 am

2016-10-21 47 Sai Reply re motion to interfene and unopposed motion for leave to file same
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Also, per Memphis Airport's general counsel: "You got whatever video that exists to the best of our knowledge."

So, this is probably all the video that's going to be available. I'll still follow up w/ TSA of course (who've not responded to my FOIA or the lawsuit), but I don't expect anything further.
Sai, if you've not seen this, I thought you might get a kick out of it:

https://ogis.archives.gov/Assets/Tra...t.pdf?method=1

Timeliness also is an issue for TSA; failure to respond has been a factor in nine of the 10 FOIA lawsuits filed against TSA since 2009, costing the agency $238,020 in litigation
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1

Obviously their strategy is working--note that the number of requests is going down. The people are being taught to quit questioning authority.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by petaluma1

Oh, I've definitely seen it. And the followup / response:

https://ogis.archives.gov/Assets/TSA...e.pdf?method=1

I'm using both documents as evidence in my FOIA lawsuit cross-motion for summary judgment. (Due in a couple weeks.)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Oh, I've definitely seen it. And the followup / response:

https://ogis.archives.gov/Assets/TSA...e.pdf?method=1

I'm using both documents as evidence in my FOIA lawsuit cross-motion for summary judgment. (Due in a couple weeks.)
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.