Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Who I Am at Transportation Security Administration Airport Checkpoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Who I Am at Transportation Security Administration Airport Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Howste
Wrong border for SENTRI.
That's what the airport official told him too but he wouldnt have any of it :lol
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by Howste
Not only is it reasonable, it's already in place. MANY airports do have a (reduced) method for precheck in regular lines. If you have precheck on your BP and the precheck line is closed (or doesn't exist) then they give you a card to show the screeners. You walk through the regular line, but can keep on your shoes and light jacket. You can use the WTMD (if available) instead of the nude-o-scope. You still have to take out your laptop and liquids bag though.
Actually - no. At RSW November Pre-check on BP. Made to go thru' the general line. No card issued. I opted out of the scanner (WTMD was not available tho' it was in situ but roped off) and after a drugs scan, luggage check, wooden shoes thru' x-ray etc., was told the Pre-check line would open later! The TSA staff were officious but not rude. I do find RSW is daunting. Just my experience.
On previous occasions, they issued a card. No problem.
Whenever I go thru' RSW, Pre-check line is closed.
A little off thread I know but wanted to confirm earlier post that RSW is usually closed.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Had a guy behind me in line INSIST that SENTRY should get him access to the priority security line.

... At the Canada-US checkpoint...
Doesn't SENTRI include Global Entry?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by sethb
Doesn't SENTRI include Global Entry?
It does not. Eg I am eligible for SENTRI but not for Global Entry.

Global Entry might include SENTRI, though. Not sure about that. Either way SENTRI only applies to he southern US border.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by langham123
Actually - no.
Please read my post in context. I didn't say that all airports have that. I said that TSA has methods for PreCheck lite that they can use (at any airport) if they choose to. But... TSA is TSA, so they probably won't.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA
Id just be happy if ALL of the TSA "agents" simply actually knew what Pre means. Going through MIA bag recheck this last Sunday and then the checkpoint to get to our connection and the appointed line yeller was blabbing that Pre only means you get to keep your shoes on. Um what?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jmill79
Id just be happy if ALL of the TSA "agents" simply actually knew what Pre means. Going through MIA bag recheck this last Sunday and then the checkpoint to get to our connection and the appointed line yeller was blabbing that Pre only means you get to keep your shoes on. Um what?
That's just an example of the highly trained TSA screeners that TSA brass brag about all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.