Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Transferred Hyatt points about an hour ago, they still havent posted... Is this cause for concern? I only ask because on here it mentions its normally instant.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Same with me. I am VERY concerned!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:25 am

have they fixed the Hyatt issue yet?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:49 pm

Singapore KrisFlyer Transfer Time

I just transferred 298,000 miles from my Chase Ink to Singapore KrisFlyer and it was surprisingly fast! Not instant though.

Sent the request at 4:26 pm and at 6:41 pm (2 hours and 15 minutes) I got an email from KrisFlyer welcoming me to the program after the miles transferred! I had just created a KrisFlyer account and this was my first transaction, which is why they emailed me when the points transferred (not sure if they normally do that).

I now have two roundtrip tickets in Singapore Suites First Class LAX to NRT!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:42 pm

I just went to transfer some points off of a Chase card, intending to cancel it before the $95 annual fee hits, and saw this:

If we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example... repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Are there any threads on any thresholds for this? Has anyone been hit with this, without doing flagrant manufactured spend just to hit the minimum?

Thanks,
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:38 am

Last edited by R2134; Mar 5, 2015 at 4:39 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by JoeJetplane
I just went to transfer some points off of a Chase card, intending to cancel it before the $95 annual fee hits, and saw this:

If we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example... repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Are there any threads on any thresholds for this? Has anyone been hit with this, without doing flagrant manufactured spend just to hit the minimum?

Thanks,
That was added many moon cycles ago, I forgot how many. If you are just trying to hit minimum spend relax, even if it was $2000 and change increments at staples online, no problem. Enjoy your points!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Just transferred points to KrisFlyer at ~6:30 PM EDT. Got an email from KrisFlyer saying the points were transferred into my account at 10:41 PM EDT.

Last edited by iceman77_7; Mar 9, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Transferred 19k points into my BA account earlier today but the transfer hasn't gone through. Called UR and they told me it looks ok on their end. Anyone have problems recently with this? Any idea how long until it would go through? Need the miles for a trip tomorrow...
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i'd call UR and ask for a reference number, and ph BA, and offer it to them, explaining your need to redeem for a flight tomorrow, worth a shot, all the best with it.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i'd call UR and ask for a reference number, and ph BA, and offer it to them, explaining your need to redeem for a flight tomorrow, worth a shot, all the best with it.
No luck Hoping that they are sitting in my account when I wake up in the morning...
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:20 pm

A little followup - went ahead and transferred another 18k. The second batch went through right away. I guess I'll just followup with BA when I get back from vacation if the original 18k doesn't post
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
that's good news, at least you can book, and the other 18K will show up in either account, and you have peace of mind.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:39 am

Not to get people too spun up, but there are rumors--triggered in part by Chase's apparent withdrawal of all landing pages promoting their co-branded Amtrak card--that Chase & Amtrak may be parting ways soon. (See discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...astercard.html.)

If that happens, I expect (per Amtrak's past practice) that it will be with little or no advance notice, with a corresponding abrupt end to transferability of UR points.

I hope for the best, that this is just another idle rumor, but fear for the worst.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by beltway
Not to get people too spun up, but there are rumors--triggered in part by Chase's apparent withdrawal of all landing pages promoting their co-branded Amtrak card--that Chase & Amtrak may be parting ways soon. (See discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...astercard.html.)

If that happens, I expect (per Amtrak's past practice) that it will be with little or no advance notice, with a corresponding abrupt end to transferability of UR points.

I hope for the best, that this is just another idle rumor, but fear for the worst.
Thanks for that post. I have plans to use Amtrak with UR points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.