Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:14 pm

ICYMI, Korean (KE) has been dropped without warning from the list of transfer partners. See discussion at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...orean-air.html.

Wiki updated accordingly.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: CX Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold (1MM), Marriott Plat
Wanted to share my experience I requested a transfer to SQ Krisflyer at 3:20PM on 26-NOV. I saw the points post by 11AM on 27-NOV.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:35 am

Can anyone discuss how long it takes to go Chase UR -> Hyatt -> Southwest?

I know the Hyatt transfer is pretty quick, but what about the Hyatt -> Southwest transfer?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:37 pm

edit. mods please delete.

Last edited by OliverB; Dec 9, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:52 am

Recently I noticed every transfer of UR (from Ink) to BA cost me 1000 pts....what is that about?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by prasha11
Recently I noticed every transfer of UR (from Ink) to BA cost me 1000 pts....what is that about?
You mean you were charged an extra 1000 UR? UR transfer in units of 1000 (minimum) so if you xfer 10K UR to BA you should only decrease your UR by 10K.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:30 am
hxt

Hi All, I am new to this forum and also just starting to accumulate miles. I have a question regarding the Chase Sapphire preferred card. I am interested in accruing miles for Emirates / Etihad. But I am not sure if I can do so through the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. I see United, Southwest, British and a couple others to which you can transfer points but not sure if/how I can do so for Emirates/Etihad. Any input/suggestions will definitely be helpful in picking the correct credit card. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hxt
Hi All, I am new to this forum and also just starting to accumulate miles. I have a question regarding the Chase Sapphire preferred card. I am interested in accruing miles for Emirates / Etihad. But I am not sure if I can do so through the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. I see United, Southwest, British and a couple others to which you can transfer points but not sure if/how I can do so for Emirates/Etihad. Any input/suggestions will definitely be helpful in picking the correct credit card. Thanks in advance.
Accumulate SPG. That will let you transfer to AS/JL for EK redemption, or transfer to AA for EY redemptions.

OT for this thread, so please continue this discussion in the appropriate threads/forums.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hxt
...Emirates/Etihad...
Welcome to Flyertalk. Chase Ultimate Rewards is not a suitable program from these airlines. Suggest reading the Wikipost at the top of each of these threads:

Etihad: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...-partners.html

Emirates: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-program.html

BOTH: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...em/travel.html
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:34 pm

I'm attempting to go to SMF from ORD/MDW using Chase UR. It seems the best option is to transfer to SW... are there any other options (I also have a ton of AA miles)....
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:58 am

Transfer to KrisFlyer

Requested transfer from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Singapore KrisFlyer on Friday, 1/23/15 @ 1830 EST & points were in my KrisFlyer account when I checked on Saturday, 1/24/15 @ 0930 EST
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:23 pm

As noted in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ean-air-8.html & in various parts of the blogosphere, the ability to transfer UR to Korean (KE) allegedly returns tomorrow, Jan. 25.

UPDATE: Yes, KE is back. I've revised the wiki accordingly.

Last edited by beltway; Jan 25, 2015 at 6:23 am
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:15 pm

Is there a fee to transfer UR to Hyatt? Also, is it better to book a 1 night stay with UR or transfer to a hotel program?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by adschnei
I'm attempting to go to SMF from ORD/MDW using Chase UR. It seems the best option is to transfer to SW... are there any other options (I also have a ton of AA miles)....
Txr to WN is almost fixed value. If your tickets are costing more than $205 (approx 12500 pts) then YES. If your tickets are more than that, then it is better to look for options.
AA/UA is 12500 miles fixed, if saver level available.
Avios is 14500 miles, so not a good idea if available in AA since you have a ton.

PS: This topic is best fit in other threads than here. Please continue the conversation in the trip planning threads.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Is there a fee to transfer UR to Hyatt?
All transfers are free.

Also, is it better to book a 1 night stay with UR or transfer to a hotel program?
That depends on the program & the cash price--but note that it's outside the scope of this thread. (You may want to look at the various "best use of UR?" threads, as well as consider a third option, paying cash, if the cash price is low.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.