Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The bonus is calculated on points earned, it doesn't matter if the points remain in the account. The bonus is a feature of Sapphire Preferred. No other Chase card offers this feature.
Should I be able to trasnfer the points to my Ink cards?

I'm guessing I should wait until after the bonus points have posted into the account before I transfer and close my sapphire account?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by mia
The bonus is calculated on points earned, it doesn't matter if the points remain in the account. The bonus is a feature of Sapphire Preferred. No other Chase card offers this feature.
The Chase Freedom card also has an annual bonus (10%) if you have a JPMC checking account and they are linked properly.

You will also earn a 10% Bonus on all new points earned with your Chase Freedom card during billing cycles within the previous Year when you, as the primary cardmember, were the sole or joint owner of an open Chase checking account. Your 10% Bonus is calculated after your billing cycle with a December closing date (“Year” means the twelve billing cycle period beginning the day after your billing cycle with a December closing date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of the next year.) Your Chase checking account must be open, and your Chase Freedom card account must be open and not in default, at the end of the Year. Your 10% Bonus points will appear on your January or February billing statement. You will not earn the 10% Bonus on new account bonus points, previous 10% Bonus points awarded, or points transferred into your account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established. Bonus offer void where prohibited by law.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Originally Posted by deemkaa
Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer UR to BA Avios ? or even further UR>BA>Iberia ? Thx
In case anyone else was wondering, the transfer is instantaneous!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:44 pm

I am New to the INK card. What can I do with 50,000 Ink points ?

Is there a cash back option ?

Can I get Gift cards ?

At this point I can still get 25K R/T domestic flights so I might just transfer them to United but will wait and see if the availability of 25K flights goes down with the upcoming devalue.

Anything else people are doing with 50K miles

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyer4512

Can I get Gift cards ?
Start here:

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...wards-cashback
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:59 pm

What will be the strategy?

I have csp, ink classic (no fees) and freedom card, in january my csp will be up for renewal but i will be canceling the card before it applies annual fees. I have 25k ur in my classic, 45 k ur in csp and 60 k in bold. I know i can transfer all my ur to csp and then into swa/united. But i do not have any travel plan in near future and i dont know which airline i will be using. What should i do to preserve my points for future travel? Should i apply another premium card and transfer it to new card before canceling csp? Or any other better option?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Downgrade CSP to CS, which will remain useful as 2x dining card. Apply for the Ink Bold.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:27 pm

So if I downgrade to CS, can I transfer ur points to united later (from CS)?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
The wiki at the top of the page answers this question.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by mak101
In short, no. You need the fee based card that has the transfer feature.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have a personal Chase Freedom Card and my wife has a Chase Business Ink Card. Can I transfer my UR points to her account and then transfer to Southwest or one of the other partners?
Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I am New to the INK card. What can I do with 50,000 Ink points ?

Can I get Gift cards ?

At this point I can still get 25K R/T domestic flights so I might just transfer them to United but will wait and see if the availability of 25K flights goes down with the upcoming devalue.

Anything else people are doing with 50K miles

Thanks
50,000 points = $500 on Amazon.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by holocker
I have a personal Chase Freedom Card and my wife has a Chase Business Ink Card. Can I transfer my UR points to her account and then transfer to Southwest or one of the other partners?
Thanks
This is discussed in the wiki at the top of the page.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA
I want to go to Brasil. Does anyone know if there are any disadvantages booking your award flights on separate airlines by transferring separately?

Flight to Brasil that I want is on American. (booked via British Airways Avios). 25,000 UR.
Flight from Brasil that I want is on United. 30,000 UR.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wiivile
...disadvantages booking your award flights on separate airlines by transferring separately?
I do this several times each year mixing AA, BA and VS flights between Miami and London. No problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.