Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The above 6 posts are from a thread started by a new user - merged here to provide better visibility and the info in the wiki.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bnv722
Thanks again,

Does Sapphire Preferred also allow transfer of miles to SouthWest Airlines?

I might consider using them instead.

TIA
BNV
Yes, 1:1 as UA does.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Baze
My experience with the Chase Freedom card was I had to cash out the points. They would not allow any transfer of them to a different Chase card. Fortunately I had just hit the level of a cash exchange for the points. So I took the cash, closed the card and opened the Explorer card with the credit line of the Freedom card.
There is no say "database" where you can transfer points to be used with other partners. However there are other Chase cards that allow you to transfer your Freedom UR points to that credit card and then transfer them 1:1 to a partner.

So, yes, if you do not have another card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred, you do not have the option to transfer points and must use the cash back option.

PS: All of this information can be answered in the Wiki. The first question answered refers to all cards that allow points to be transferred from the Freedom.

Last edited by healthnut; Dec 29, 2013 at 7:59 am
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Has anyone tried transferring points to United in the last few days? I just tried and I'm getting this message - "Points are only transferrable to SKYPASS accounts registered in Americas and Korea. Please contact Korean Air to change the registration of your SKYPASS account if you reside in Americas or Korea."

I'm clearly trying to transfer to United so I shouldn't get a message about Korean Air.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by drod
I'm clearly trying to transfer to United so I shouldn't get a message about Korean Air.
You will need to make the transfer by telephone until Chase sorts of this website error. Separate discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...r-message.html
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:36 am

Chase Ultimate Rewards to Delta

Hi guys,

I know Chase Ultimate Rewards doesn't transfer to Delta directly. Is there a reliable alternative? I checked Korean Skypass but not sure how to book Delta tickets since Korean Air doesn't fly service Boston.

I am trying to book Boston-TGZ (Tuxtla Gutierrez airport in Mexico). Delta shows 60,000 miles + close to $115, which seems to be the cheapest redemption.

Unfortunately, I don't have 60K in my AmEx membership rewards or Delta SkyMiles.

Thank you much!!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:06 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jabillisruti
I checked Korean Skypass but not sure how to book Delta tickets since Korean Air doesn't fly service Boston.
You would have to do this by phone and it can be very difficult to find someone who speaks English. For example, see these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rd-ticket.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...ta-flight.html

I am trying to book Boston-TGZ (Tuxtla Gutierrez airport in Mexico). Delta shows 60,000 miles + close to $115, which seems to be the cheapest redemption.
If you can find availability in the lowest award level (Saver) this should price as 35k + ~$115 round trip on Delta (after June 2014; maybe a little less earlier than that). You'll probably want to invest in something like http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lity-tool.html if you really want to pursue that path, as it can be difficult to find availability on Delta.

Since the last leg MEX-TGZ has to be on Aeromexico, think about trying to find availability BOS-MEX then add on MEX-TGZ. Will be easier to run the searches.

Note also: Only flights that price at that lowest level (35k round trip) would be available for redemption using Korean Skypass miles anyway. If you're seeing 60k via a Delta search, you wouldn't be able to get those flights if you did end up finding someone who speaks English at their call center.

Since this is only tangentially related to UR points, I'd suggest you browse on over to the Delta forum and read through the sticky threads there regarding searching for availability and/or post in one of the Skypass threads to see if there are any recent successes.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:43 am

Hope this is the right forum...

Does this sound right on various options for using Chase Rewards points:

1. Redeem points to book a flight on United via UR. One will eventually get miles and PQM on UA FF account;

2. Transfer points from UR to UA FF first; redeem miles via UA; get no no miles or PQMs on UA FF account.

Sounds right? What is catch for option #1?

Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer Chase points into a UK-based BA Executive Club account?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Transfer to UK-based BA executive club account?

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer Chase UR points to a UK-based BA Executive Club account?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AK321
What is catch for option #1?
The catch is that when you redeem points for a revenue ticket they have a fixed monetary value of $0.0125 each, and you may need to redeem more points than if you transferred to an airline and claimed an award ticket. This is a straightforward arithmetic problem, you can do the calculation for each trip.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Quick somewhat convoluted question...
I have 100K UR points. I am AA plat. Do not care to fly BA due to fuel charges..
Can one transfer these UR points to Avios then to Cactus while its still in UA program,
So eventually it will become AA miles once the full merger takes place ?
Thx for any assistance .
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Anyone have any issues with BA points transfers? I just tried to transfer a large number of Avios points and the transfer hasn't gone through. This was about an hour ago. I called Chase and the CSR tried to manually rescind the transfer or force it through but was unable to.

This happen to anyone?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
My BA Avios transfer hasn't gone through yet either-it's only been about 15 minutes so far at this point though.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
I'm at about 2 hours and nothing on my Ink transfer. Avios transfer from my CSP went through fine though (most points transferred were from Ink). Weird...

Last edited by arrek; Jan 29, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.