Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by bdohmen
The bonus should be from when you opened the cards so moving the statement date should only impact when they calculate when you hit the bonus.

Looking at my statements my bonuses posted the same day my usual avios earned for spend posted. First entry was 24-feb-13 for 2680 for non BA spend and 50,000 for bonus avios as the first half of the offer. I would assume they haven't changed that since?
cool thx. Well usually with United the day I get the online statement is the same day I get the bonus and other regular pts. If it's the same for BA Avios that's great. I moved up the statement date from 9/3 to 8/27 so I'd get the pts on 8/27 since the flight I want is limited and I want to book it already lol! Thanks for the help.

The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if i should just xfer some UR pts to Avios immediately and book the flight.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:56 pm

OK. So my closing date was moved to Aug 27th. It says on my statement that 53k avios pts were transferred. But I don't see them in my account. Does avios take a day or 2 to transfer or is it longer than that? thx.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 am

OK so i got all my pts on the 29th and the Chase Avios customer support said 1-2 business days after seeing the statement. (in case anyone in the future has the same question).
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 am

I wonder how long this will last? As the holidays approach, is there any chance of a 100k offer on the horizon?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
"New $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, after that $95"

So, sadly not a "no fee card". It's exactly the same deal I took a year ago (and therefore am about to pay the AF on).
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I wonder how long this will last? As the holidays approach, is there any chance of a 100k offer on the horizon?
Those 100k offers have required $20k minimum spend
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by davie355
Those 100k offers have required $20k minimum spend
Chump Change . They tier the reward points in that you get an entire 12 months to spend the 20-large. Could do it in 2 months and a boatload of trips to WM if I had to but 12 months is easy enough. My fingers are crossed. I believe November 4th-ish was when they went for the 100K offer last year in 2013.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
"New $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, after that $95"

So, sadly not a "no fee card". It's exactly the same deal I took a year ago (and therefore am about to pay the AF on).
Thanks for pointing that out. Send a request to the mods to change title.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Chump Change . They tier the reward points in that you get an entire 12 months to spend the 20-large. Could do it in 2 months and a boatload of trips to WM if I had to but 12 months is easy enough. My fingers are crossed. I believe November 4th-ish was when they went for the 100K offer last year in 2013.
If you are trying to get to $30k spend to get the companion pass anyway, it isn't a big deal.

The main thing is that Avios points charge huge fees if you book with British. I booked a companion ticket for a first-class ticket from the East Coast to London, and the fees were around $2k. I think more, but fees for 2 people.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:37 pm

closed my BA card Jan 2014. What is the churn time on these?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Two years I think.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Two years I think.
ouch
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Read the fine print. Each Chase is unique. Could be 12-24 months. It's on my radar. Love the <650 mile redeptions for 4500 Avios.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Read the fine print. Each Chase is unique. Could be 12-24 months. It's on my radar. Love the <650 mile redeptions for 4500 Avios.

me too. family of 5 roundtrip to Grand Cayman from Miami for 45k points vs 150k AA miles

I read the print and it references the standard new customer only. nothing on time frames that I could find. read literally, there appears to be no chance of a second card

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:45 am

Link for offer

Originally Posted by philemer
FYI - Logged into my BA account and the offer is there. On this link it appears you can get the points if you haven't received the bonus within the last 24 months. It is showing an expiration of 12/31/14.
"OFFER DETAILS 2. This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months."

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...s/credit-cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.