Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lounge Club membership from Chase credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now closed. Some Chase cards offer Priority Pass membership as a cardholder benefit. Please see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1790925-chase-priority-pass-memberships-sapphire-reserve-jpm-reserve-ritz.html

In the past, to request a LoungeClub membership, you could go to this site, enter the code CHASEINK, and complete the form:
https://www.loungeprogramenroll.com/inkcard/

But, as of April 30, 2015 this message appears:
We are no longer accepting new LOUNGE CLUB enrollments from Ink® from Chase Cardmembers. If you are currently enrolled you may continue to use your membership until the expiration date printed on your LOUNGE CLUB card. If you have any questions please call the phone number on the back of your Ink from Chase business card.

The same is true for Fairmont cardholders.
"We are no longer accepting new LOUNGE CLUB enrollments from Fairmont from Chase Cardmembers." In the past, to request a LoungeClub membership, you could go to this site, enter the code FAIRMONT, and complete the form: https://www.loungeprogramenroll.com/fairmont/

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

You get 2 free visits with this program. If you bring a guest, it usually counts as two visits. Additional visits are $27. You don't get more visits by paying your annual fee; you'll need to get a new Lounge Club card issued. In theory, this is automatic. If you forget whether you've used your free visits, call 866-263-4292 and ask.
Print Wikipost

Lounge Club membership from Chase credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I have the Chase Ink Bold and a Lounge Club membership card. My new Chase Ink Plus card will be arriving in a couple days. This will allow me to get 2 more free lounge visits. Will I need to sign up for another Lounge Club membership since I'm getting a new card? I would guess not but haven't seem this addressed.
I think you will need a new membership for the new card. I got my first LC membership in August 2012 in connection with my Ink Bold card. In May 2013, my wife and I both got Fairmont cards, which come with LC membership. We signed up for accounts in connection with those new Fairmont cards. Now we have 3 LC membership cards. This weekend I was approved for the Ink Plus card, so I suppose I'll be signing up for a 4th LC card.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:12 am

I signed up for the LC membership last July and was expecting to be able to use my second year's two free passes on a trip I'm currently on. However, when I pulled out my card I noticed that it was set to expire in a week. I sent a secure message to Chase based off some of the discussion in this thread asking about how to renew and whether I had another pair of visits. Below is the response (bolding mine):

You are eligible to receive two member visits to
participating lounges during each membership year.

After your first two visits, your card will be charged
US$27 per person for you and any accompanying guest(s)
each time you visit a lounge.

To renew your Lounge Club membership, visit
www.loungeclub.com/inkcard and enter invitation code
CHASEINK.
It is covered with the INK Bold benefits.
Obviously reps can give different answers, but the answers I received don't seem to contradict others' experiences. Seeing as the membership was for one year only, and you seem to get free passes for each year, then it seems that each time you apply for a year membership you'll get two free passes. Essentially, use the card for the two passes, then toss it and reapply when eligible.

Then I started thinking about "when eligible". Should that be after the membership expired? Mine expires in 5 or 6 days, so I went ahead and went through the process again to check. I was able to sign up and received confirmation that my membership card was in the mail. No mention of my existing membership. I'd love to hear if someone whose membership is set to expire farther off is successful getting a new membership card. Even with limited locations, unlimited lounge visits would be sweet.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by YourNameHere
I think you will need a new membership for the new card. I got my first LC membership in August 2012 in connection with my Ink Bold card. In May 2013, my wife and I both got Fairmont cards, which come with LC membership. We signed up for accounts in connection with those new Fairmont cards. Now we have 3 LC membership cards. This weekend I was approved for the Ink Plus card, so I suppose I'll be signing up for a 4th LC card.
If you used the CHASEINK code to sign up with your Bold card can you use the same one to sign up with your Plus card?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
If you used the CHASEINK code to sign up with your Bold card can you use the same one to sign up with your Plus card?
It's my understanding that the CHASEINK code just gets you to the signup screen and lets LC know where you're coming from. They take down your CC# and other info, and I believe that's how they judge if you're eligible. MMS indicates here that the same code is used for all the Ink products (http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/0...e-club-passes/).

What I'm curious to know is whether they lock you out for a year after applying with one CC#, or if you can get multiple memberships for multiple pairs of free lounge passes. I think there's a possibility this will happen, as LC indicates they don't manage memberships coming from their partners, and I was successful applying for a new membership a week before my first expired.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes. It is the same. You should get a new membership number and card each corresponding to a different credit card, so you get 4 free visits a year if you have both the Bold and Plus cards.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Yes. It is the same. You should get a new membership number and card each corresponding to a different credit card, so you get 4 free visits a year if you have both the Bold and Plus cards.
I can confirm this is the case with me. I got Bold in February and got LC membership in June. I signed up for Plus few weeks ago and immediately applied for another LC membership as soon as I got my card in the mail. I got another LC card with different membership number. Free 4 passes for my upcoming trip, heck yea
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Ink Bold lounge club passes

For the two free annual lounge club passes you get with Ink Bold, is it tied to the CC owner's name? Or can I give them to another person (or have the lounge club ticket be under another person's name?)
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:18 pm

This might be a silly question, but if I'm flying from airport A to airport B, can I stay in the lounge at airport B, or are the lounges usually located at terminals and are mostly used for departing flights? I've never been in an airport lounge before.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by cronin85
This might be a silly question, but if I'm flying from airport A to airport B, can I stay in the lounge at airport B, or are the lounges usually located at terminals and are mostly used for departing flights? I've never been in an airport lounge before.
I don't think so because I think you need to present a boarding pass, but maybe you can show them the one you just used. I never tried this.

It also depends if the lounge at airport B is before or after security. If it's after you won't be able to go through security without a valid boarding pass that hasn't been used yet. However, if it's before security then maybe you can try using the pass from the flight you just got off on. Perhaps someone with better lounge experience can chime in.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
For the two free annual lounge club passes you get with Ink Bold, is it tied to the CC owner's name? Or can I give them to another person (or have the lounge club ticket be under another person's name?)
First, perhaps a bit of clarification: When you sign up for the Lounge Club, you don't receive physical passes. You receive a membership card that looks like a credit card, with your name, account number and expiration date embossed on it.

My wife and I have used our cards for a total of 3 admissions so far and the admission policy has been consistent. The member whose name is on the card gives the card to the attendant at the front desk, who then swipes the card. The attendant's machine then prints out a slip of paper similar to a credit card receipt which the member must sign, acknowledging the admission(s). That's it.

No physical pass involved. But the Club member whose name is on the membership card must sign a receipt, so I don't think it's a good idea to give your card to a friend. We haven't been asked for ID or boarding passes, but you never know.

Sorry for the long-winded response. I hope it helps.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by cronin85
My wife and I just used two of our admissions at SEA. We were flying out on American and the participating lounge is Alaska's, which is in the same concourse as the American gates.

So, in our case, SEA was airport A and even though we were flying on a different airline, we were able to conveniently use the lounge. We had already gone through security and the lounge was on our way to our gate. We were not asked to present any boarding passes at the front desk.

If we were coming into SEA, then that would be airport B in your question. We would still be able to use the lounge, since we pass right by it before we exit the secured area of the terminal.

Unless some lounge attendant decides to ask for boarding passes (which we never have been) you should have no problem getting into the lounge whether you are departing or arriving, no matter your airline.

It should go without saying that you DO need your Lounge Club membership card to get in.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
First, perhaps a bit of clarification: When you sign up for the Lounge Club, you don't receive physical passes. You receive a membership card that looks like a credit card, with your name, account number and expiration date embossed on it.

My wife and I have used our cards for a total of 3 admissions so far and the admission policy has been consistent. The member whose name is on the card gives the card to the attendant at the front desk, who then swipes the card. The attendant's machine then prints out a slip of paper similar to a credit card receipt which the member must sign, acknowledging the admission(s). That's it.

No physical pass involved. But the Club member whose name is on the membership card must sign a receipt, so I don't think it's a good idea to give your card to a friend. We haven't been asked for ID or boarding passes, but you never know.

Sorry for the long-winded response. I hope it helps.
If more than the two free admissions were used on the card, does that mean I will be billed for the extra visits?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by agp423
If more than the two free admissions were used on the card, does that mean I will be billed for the extra visits?
Per the terms, yes. You still swipe your LC membership card, but your Ink CC will be billed.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:15 am

My wife and I just used two of our admissions at SEA. We were flying out on American and the participating lounge is Alaska's, which is in the same concourse as the American gates.

So, in our case, SEA was airport A and even though we were flying on a different airline, we were able to conveniently use the lounge. We had already gone through security and the lounge was on our way to our gate. We were not asked to present any boarding passes at the front desk.

If we were coming into SEA, then that would be airport B in your question. We would still be able to use the lounge, since we pass right by it before we exit the secured area of the terminal.

Unless some lounge attendant decides to ask for boarding passes (which we never have been) you should have no problem getting into the lounge whether you are departing or arriving, no matter your airline.

It should go without saying that you DO need your Lounge Club membership card to get in.
Thank you for the clarification and info. I believe this will answer things that lots of us were wondering about.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Have Priority Pass & Lounge Club, can I use both at same time?

So, here is the deal. I signed up for Chase Ink Bold and received the Lounge Club Card. But also signed up for Amex Platinum and received Priority Pass Select. Priority Pass Select allows unlimited entries, but charges for a guest. If I am traveling with my wife, and the lounge in question is a member of both programs, can I swipe the Priority Pass card for myself, and then use the Lounge Club card to "pay" for my wife's entry (Lounge club card gives 2 free entries per year). Or is that really dependent on the lounge allowing this? Anyone experience or try this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.