Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you been blacklisted by Chase?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:03 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I wouldn't try with chase until at least 8 years since you were first put on the blacklist.

Also - B*... isn't exactly dead. But it's definitely on life support.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
Good logic. So as long as the party with more wealth and power sets the terms of the arrangement carefully, then all is fair.
Originally Posted by neutralist
That is why you will never see Private Bank or CPC people posting in this thread.
I personally knew someone get banned by Chase, who was a CPC.

This way of thinking does not really work.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:41 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by Happy
The poster has already back into Chase fold - he now has 3 credit cards all earned the sign up bonus and are active. So he is NO LONGER BANNED. Per your assessment, he should not have any issue opening new banking products with Chase since he is already back to the good side of Chase credit card dept.
Unfortunately, I was wrong. Assuming that Chase allowed me to get 3 credit cards, I thought that opening a checking/savings wouldn't be a problem not. Well, I opened these accounts in branch last week, and week later I received a "10 days notice" from account analysts unit that "a review of our records indicates that we are unable to retain your account". I hope it wouldn't trigger a closure of credit cards.

Last edited by jk2; Apr 21, 2015 at 2:26 am
Old May 9, 2015, 9:39 am

I would think just going into a branch could fix any problem.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
While strolling through the forums today i remembered i forgot to mention something after i got blacklisted from chase my wife applied for a card about 3 months after and got approved for a csp she added me as a authorized user and then one week later she got blacklisted so we are both on the blacklist.It really sucks because chase has the cards that i want such as fairmont and hyatt and ink.Well hopefully soon they will let me back in
Old May 9, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thread lost some steam, but I started one a while ago about how soon the blacklist ends with Chase:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ta-points.html

I guess I need to update it myself . . .
Old May 10, 2015, 5:09 am
jk2

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
I would think just going into a branch could fix any problem.
Not really. Branch managers do not have enough power to overrule blacklisting.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:16 pm

Branch Managers now days have near zero say so.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:39 pm
rng

My chase Ink plus CC got closed down and all my Ur points were forfeited in January of this year and now after applying for the United and Marriott cards in June, my app was denied.

They said I am getting denied because of previous unsatisfactory relationships with chase... I am getting denied for new accounts with Chase even though I have a spanking good credit history and many cards with chase.

Because they shut down my ink card in January 2015 for (misuse of rewards, btw I never misused the rewards program, I transferred UR to family members) they won't approve me for any new accounts, (even though I have 50k Credit line amongst all my cards with them).

Has anyone had such an experience in the past like this that can share some insight how to go about this?

How long is this ban for? forever?

If its not forever, how long do I have to wait until I am safe to reapply and have a good chance for approval?

Any tips are very much appreciated!!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rng
My chase Ink plus CC got closed down and all my Ur points were forfeited in January of this year and now after applying for the United and Marriott cards in June, my app was denied.

They said I am getting denied because of previous unsatisfactory relationships with chase... I am getting denied for new accounts with Chase even though I have a spanking good credit history and many cards with chase.

Because they shut down my ink card in January 2015 for (misuse of rewards, btw I never misused the rewards program, I transferred UR to family members) they won't approve me for any new accounts, (even though I have 50k Credit line amongst all my cards with them).

Has anyone had such an experience in the past like this that can share some insight how to go about this?

If its not forever, how long do I have to wait until I am safe to reapply and have a good chance for approval?

Please read the Sticky found at the Top of the forum. The wiki has useful links.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...c-partner.html

And this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...account-s.html

And this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ta-points.html

Both found on the 2nd page of this forum.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 9, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

If you would be satisfied with Chase reducing credit line with an existing account and place the equal amount to new card: they may do that.

Originally Posted by rng

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.