Wiki Posts
Search

Have you been blacklisted by Chase?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Have you been blacklisted by Chase?

I would like to know if anybody other than myself is blacklisted with chase and have they had any luck getting a card from them.I been blacklisted for over 2 years i tried to apply twice and my wife also.We always receive a letter saying denied for previously unsatisfactory relationship with bank.Lets atleast try to come up with a work around on this together

Last edited by jada135; Feb 23, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I read a while back about someone that was blacklisted and opened a checking account with them. Eventually they were able to open a credit card again.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

I have a checking and a savings with them they still dont want to give me a card.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Have you tried calling them at the reconsideration line? Do you know why you were blacklisted?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

I wish i did when i got blacklisted i didnt know anything about miles all i use to do was use the points for cash statements about 100 every 3 to 4 months.I always call but they always say you will receive a letter explaining why i cant approve you.

Last edited by jada135; Feb 23, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jada135
I wish i did when i got blacklisted i didnt know anything about miles all i use to do was se the points for cash statements about 100 every 3 to 4 months.I always call but they always say you will receive a letter explaining why i cant approve you.
You would sell the points or you would redeem the points?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

I would redeem the points for a statement credit so if i owed them 200 bucks ill use my points for 100 dollars statement to pay off the 200.I did everything that i was allowed to do.I dont know why an dthey wont tell me why either.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jada135
I would redeem the points for a statement credit so if i owed them 200 bucks ill use my points for 100 dollars statement to pay off the 200.I did everything that i was allowed to do.I dont know why an dthey wont tell me why either.
Did you use their AARP card? It's probably too late to findout but at the time you could have wrote a letter to their executive office or something.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

I didnt have a aarp i had the freedom card and slate
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
What did you do to get blacklist? Did you do anything wrong with Freedom? I really want to know about this.

Last edited by happy9zz; Feb 24, 2013 at 12:08 am
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by happy9zz
What did you do to get blacklist? Did you do anything wrong with Freedom? I really want to know about this. My chase Freedom card was cancel after I did thousand and thousand of transactions. I did around from 100,000 transactions a month for 6 months. I have earned over 600,000 UR points. However, my Freedom card was cancel. Luckily, I knew that would happen, that's why I transferred all my 600,000 UR to United and Hyatt before my Freedom card was closed. I thought I was on blacklist with Chase. However, I was just approved for a Chase card 1 month ago . ka ka ka. Now, I am so so and so happy that I am not in Chase blacklist. I will churn more Chase cards
I'm getting tired of these Chase threads with OPs who cry about being blacklisted for "no reason." There is a reason, be it rewards abuse, excessive cash equivalent transactions, whatever. Banks don't fire normal customers and if you get blacklisted, you did something wrong and it should be obvious.

Also, how does churning Chase cards after getting an account closed sound like a good idea? Now you have a mark on your report about an issuer closing an account, and you want to churn Chase cards? Tell me I'm missing something, because the economic theory about individuals making rational decisions was just seriously contested.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I was really scared after my card was closed. But only my Freedom was closed 3 months ago. My accounts such as CSP and business are still open. I just applied Chase personal card and Ink card in this February. And you know that, I was approved . I am not sure I have a mark on my report or not, but I am so happy because I am not on Chase blacklist

Last edited by happy9zz; Feb 24, 2013 at 12:37 am
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by happy9zz
I was really scared after my card was closed. But only my Freedom was closed 3 months ago. My accounts such as CSP and business are still open. I just applied Chase personal card and Ink card last month. And you know that, I was approved . I am not sure I have a mark on my report or not, but I am so happy because I am not on Chase blacklist
If an account is closed by anyone other than yourself, it will be noted in your report that it was closed by the issuer. Generally, this does not look good to future creditors.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:23 am

That's why I am scared, and I will not do a lot crazy things with Chase. I am really not sure I have a mark on my credit report or not. However, I just did AoR for 6 credit cards in February. All my 6 credits card were approved. I am happy about that. I will check my credit report from anualcreditreport.com next month to see is there a mark on mine or not

Last edited by happy9zz; Feb 24, 2013 at 12:37 am
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I have successfully got my friend to be de-listed from the blacklist.

A few trick will do the work, like:

1. CEO's Office
2. Government

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.