Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Send a secure message with the application links in the 1st post. Calling doesn't seem to be working and I think this is because the customer service dept doesn't know what the marketing dept is doing. When you send a SM it gets forwarded to the marketing dept and you get the bump.

I am surprised that you didn't get platinum status immediately. AFAIK, all points count towards status. Did you earn 59,329 points apart from the 60k points from the card?
After getting rejected after my first secure message, I also had sent them the link and that it didn't appear to be solicited and they finally gave me the extra 20K! I'm sure they'll stop doing it at some point by might as well try to get in while you can.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy
for those of you that have applied for the 60k offer within 90 days, you may want to give getting the bump another shot.

i recall someone with the handle rst? who tried and got shot down upthread.

i just received an e mail back from chase support saying they'll add the 20k points to my account during the next statement. i submitted my request at around the 88 day mark, so it really cut it close but chase came through on the request. well worth the time.

good luck
so what exactly did your email say to get the bump and what codes or links did you include?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:56 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
yep

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I think I may have found the genesis of the first link to the 80K offer in the OP which redirects to an application page in the second link.

In the IC Master Promo Thread, there are mentions of a promo with individual codes issued by hotels during stays that enable one to access a video whereby a member receives 1000 points for viewing the video, and then an invitation to the 80K offer at the end of the video. See https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000

If you have the code and can see the video, clicking on the invitation link at the end of the video will take you to the exact same links listed in the OP, and to the same application for the 80K offer. Check out post # 156 in the IC Master Promo Thread.

I found an individual code posted in the IC Master Promo Thread by a member who did not use it, and it worked for me -- took me to the video, and then the 80K offer popped up with my NAME and account balance on it, and a link redirecting to the same application page (and legal disclosures, with the additional coding) as everyone is using here.

It is also reported in the IC Master Promo Thread that the individual codes to gain access to the video (and thus receive the 80K offer) can only be used one time; all I know is that the code I used worked for me! And I've taken screen shots all along the way... Apparently folks who get more than one code from multiple stays and can only use one code for the promo are sharing the unused individual codes in the discussion thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...2011-a-75.html

If anyone thinks this post is "spilling the beans" in some improper way, PM me and I'll consider editing out anything objectionable... But I'm thinking this info may help those using the application page from the OP in case they are later questioned about the source of the 80K offer, and it would certainly help to have a code and a screen shot to validate your bump request!
That is why so many of us were so eager for the code!!! It wasn't the 1000 points we were after
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by akp
That is why so many of us were so eager for the code!!! It wasn't the 1000 points we were after
I was surprised to find that there are still unused and vaid codes posted in the discussion thread I linked in my last post -- the first one I tried worked for me! (It just seems a more likely avenue to getting the 20K bump!)
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
I think I may have found the genesis of the first link to the 80K offer in the OP which redirects to an application page in the second link.

In the IC Master Promo Thread, there are mentions of a promo with individual codes issued by hotels during stays that enable one to access a video whereby a member receives 1000 points for viewing the video, and then an invitation to the 80K offer at the end of the video. See https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000

If you have the code and can see the video, clicking on the invitation link at the end of the video will take you to the exact same links listed in the OP, and to the same application for the 80K offer. Check out post # 156 in the IC Master Promo Thread.

I found an individual code posted in the IC Master Promo Thread by a member who did not use it, and it worked for me -- took me to the video, and then the 80K offer popped up with my NAME and account balance on it, and a link redirecting to the same application page (and legal disclosures, with the additional coding) as everyone is using here.

It is also reported in the IC Master Promo Thread that the individual codes to gain access to the video (and thus receive the 80K offer) can only be used one time; all I know is that the code I used worked for me! And I've taken screen shots all along the way... Apparently folks who get more than one code from multiple stays and can only use one code for the promo are sharing the unused individual codes in the discussion thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...2011-a-75.html

If anyone thinks this post is "spilling the beans" in some improper way, PM me and I'll consider editing out anything objectionable... But I'm thinking this info may help those using the application page from the OP in case they are later questioned about the source of the 80K offer, and it would certainly help to have a code and a screen shot to validate your bump request!
I did mention the source of the links in my post. Its also the reason I didn't post a screenshot. There's nothing secretive going on here. BTW, speaking from personal experience a code doesn't guarantee that you will be shown the 80k offer.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Thanks ... I will send Chase an email ....

No, I did NOT earn any points in 2011 - only the 60,000 points!
Any idea how they came up with the number 59239?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
I did mention the source of the links in my post. Its also the reason I didn't post a screenshot. There's nothing secretive going on here. BTW, speaking from personal experience a code doesn't guarantee that you will be shown the 80k offer.
Yes, I see that you mentioned the video promo in the OP, and I didn't mean to imply that anything secretive was going on. I just thought the additional info would be helpful to assist folks in finding a code in another thread that would actually bring them to the actual 80K offer, showing their name and account, to obtain screen shots for a better chance at the bump.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:15 pm

I was surprised to find that there are still unused and vaid codes posted in the discussion thread I linked in my last post -- the first one I tried worked for me! (It just seems a more likely avenue to getting the 20K bump!)
I did what you just stated, watched the video, saw my name come up. But when I checked the script coding, there was source code = DJJT. DJJT not the same source code that we are describing here for the 80k offer. The offer still indicated 60k on the splash screen too.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
I did what you just stated, watched the video, saw my name come up. But when I checked the script coding, there was source code = DJJT. DJJT not the same source code that we are describing here for the 80k offer. The offer still indicated 60k on the splash screen too.
When I used a code to see the video and was redirected to the app page, the source code that came up (at the end of the legal disclosures info) was DLPX, which is the same source code for "tier 1" in the OP's application link. And my screen shot shows an 80,000 bonus miles invitation. Are you sure your code was previously unused?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:28 pm

When I used a code to see the video and was redirected to the app page, the source code that came up (at the end of the legal disclosures info) was DLPX, which is the same source code for "tier 1" in the OP's application link. And my screen shot shows an 80,000 bonus miles invitation. Are you sure your code was previously unused?
Not sure if used or not. I didn't clear any cookies or cache before and took the code off the thread you mentioned. The redirect brought me to a screen that had a slightly different legal disclosure look and correctly hid the 2 pages of source codes and variables.
Maybe it's fetching data from the Priority club account since it's asking for the pin. My PC account is only 4 days old.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
Not sure if used or not. I didn't clear any cookies or cache before and took the code off the thread you mentioned. The redirect brought me to a screen that had a slightly different legal disclosure look and correctly hid the 2 pages of source codes and variables.
Maybe it's fetching data from the Priority club account since it's asking for the pin. My PC account is only 4 days old.
Scwam, I just sent you a PM.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:29 pm

I am seriously considering using that 80k link with the embedded code. I just opened a PC account 4 days ago so 0 points there. The thing is I'm having a baby in Jan so I'm not sure how likely it will be for us to use the Platinum status by December next year. Being that the wife and baby are in China we could fly to her sister's in Tokyo or go to Seoul. But not sure if that is likely with even a 11 month old at that time. I've recieved 3 Chase cards between May-June already and I'd like to use this chance to 'consolidate' the CO card b4 the United change-up without actually closing it, thus giving me a better chance at getting the new Explorer bonus after January. Being that Seoul and Tokyo are 20-30k points and China being even cheaper I'm on the fence. If there is definately no chance of getting 80k (since I'm a new PC member) than I won't do it. Of course I have to unlock my credit bureau first.

Last edited by scwam; Dec 1, 2011 at 7:37 pm
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I see that you mentioned the video promo in the OP, and I didn't mean to imply that anything secretive was going on. I just thought the additional info would be helpful to assist folks in finding a code in another thread that would actually bring them to the actual 80K offer, showing their name and account, to obtain screen shots for a better chance at the bump.
But the glitch is that PC isn't showing the 80k link to everyone who sees the video. I don't know if using different codes will allow you to see the 80k link. For me, I first used a previously used code and got the 80k link but didn't get the 1k points. Then I used an unused code, got the 80k link and an instant 1k points. I got a few more unused codes for family members. They have received targeted 80k offers in the mail but they were shown only 60k offers. I got the card during the crack the case promo for 60k points. I don't see any reason why PC would show me the 80k offer. I think a random selection of PC accounts are shown 80k irrespective of the code used.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:09 pm

Someone mentioned they saw the 80k but was already at platinum status. Were you at platinum at the time of watching the video? I think it is getting information from the PC, and if so exactly what? Personally, I doubt it matters as all 80k data is embeded for the 80k offer code once you click on the link given here. I think once that's submitted with the app there is no further validation on Chase's part. I know that I tried 3 codes and cleared my cache/cookies/reset modem each time and had a different source code and not the "H57" & "57" (OVERRIDE_CELL & SUB_PARTNER_ID) that the 80k gives. I never once saw the 80k on 'my' entry or ending splash screens (only 60k).

Last edited by scwam; Dec 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
as long as you use the link in the OP which is redirected from "inhotel80", i don't think you will have a problem. Why bother to try all these codes to see if you can get the 80k offer yourself?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.