FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:05 pm
sun_aa

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I think I may have found the genesis of the first link to the 80K offer in the OP which redirects to an application page in the second link.

In the IC Master Promo Thread, there are mentions of a promo with individual codes issued by hotels during stays that enable one to access a video whereby a member receives 1000 points for viewing the video, and then an invitation to the 80K offer at the end of the video. See https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000

If you have the code and can see the video, clicking on the invitation link at the end of the video will take you to the exact same links listed in the OP, and to the same application for the 80K offer. Check out post # 156 in the IC Master Promo Thread.

I found an individual code posted in the IC Master Promo Thread by a member who did not use it, and it worked for me -- took me to the video, and then the 80K offer popped up with my NAME and account balance on it, and a link redirecting to the same application page (and legal disclosures, with the additional coding) as everyone is using here.

It is also reported in the IC Master Promo Thread that the individual codes to gain access to the video (and thus receive the 80K offer) can only be used one time; all I know is that the code I used worked for me! And I've taken screen shots all along the way... Apparently folks who get more than one code from multiple stays and can only use one code for the promo are sharing the unused individual codes in the discussion thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...2011-a-75.html

If anyone thinks this post is "spilling the beans" in some improper way, PM me and I'll consider editing out anything objectionable... But I'm thinking this info may help those using the application page from the OP in case they are later questioned about the source of the 80K offer, and it would certainly help to have a code and a screen shot to validate your bump request!
I did mention the source of the links in my post. Its also the reason I didn't post a screenshot. There's nothing secretive going on here. BTW, speaking from personal experience a code doesn't guarantee that you will be shown the 80k offer.