Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver

Does anyone know how points are calculated is it like Amex where 4 points is actually 3 bonus points plus the dollar spent on the card or is it 5 points plus the dollar spend=6 thanks
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by patriots68
Does anyone know how points are calculated is it like Amex where 4 points is actually 3 bonus points plus the dollar spent on the card or is it 5 points plus the dollar spend=6 thanks

points listed in URM is points extra to your 1 to 1 ratio that you earn from using chase cards associated with URM

some claim success even when not using chase card, but YMMW
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:27 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

With Ultimate Rewards 5x points means your normal 1 point per dollar + an additional 5 points per dollar = 6 points per dollar. With Membership Rewards 5x means your regular 1 point per dollar + 4 additional points per dollar = 5 points per dollar.

Hope that helps!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahsumr
With Ultimate Rewards 5x points means your normal 1 point per dollar + an additional 5 points per dollar = 6 points per dollar. With Membership Rewards 5x means your regular 1 point per dollar + 4 additional points per dollar = 5 points per dollar.

Hope that helps!
Thats the explanation I was looking for and the answer I was looking for thanks
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:19 am

And you definitely do not have to use the Chase card. I got the bonus UR points checking out with my Health Savings Account Visa and also my Starwood Amex.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
And you definitely do not have to use the Chase card. I got the bonus UR points checking out with my Health Savings Account Visa and also my Starwood Amex.
Interesting. I specifically asked this question to in a secure message and they said that bonus points are only available on purchases made on your Sapphire Preferred card. I have never tested this. Maybe I'll make a trial run on this. I think that I've received UR points for iTunes purchases that I have made with a gift card, so perhaps they were just misleading me.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:04 pm

Where and how do points posted from the UR mall show up? Credit card statement or somewhere else sooner?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Where and how do points posted from the UR mall show up? Credit card statement or somewhere else sooner?
Sign into www.ultimaterewards.com
Hover over the top menu called "EARN FASTER"
Click "SEE ULTIMATE REWARDS MALL ACTIVITY"
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by lkar
Depending on how soon the merchants report the transactions back to Chase. For me some showed up within a week but some haven't showed up after 3 - need to contact Chase to have it investigated. Travel booked thru UR directly showed up in 1-2 days and airfare booked thru Travelocity showed up in couple of days.

The thing is that your points will only be credited to your account after your statement closes.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

my first batch of purchases posted 3 days like clock work but the last few weeks nothing has posted at all including most of the merchants I used in the past does anyone else have any problem with them posting right now
jbs
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
How long for Ultimate Rewards Mall purchases to post?

I had the undstanding that one of the biggest advantages of the Chase Ultimate Rewards card was its superior functionality when compared to other online frequent flyer shopping malls. Not only is UR supposed to be better at giving credit for all transactions, but points are supposed to post very quickly as well.

I did all my Christmas shopping on December 1 with multiple merchants. Not a single transaction has posted. Should I be concerned?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
it says can take 6-8 weeks
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:03 am

You're right on the borderline of how long I've waited to receive the bonus points. My experience has been 12-14 days.

And yes, it can take 6-8 weeks, but I haven't had any very long posting times, except maybe Best Buy which took ~16 days.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
allow 6-8 weeks before you call in to inquire about any missing points for orders....

I had a few from October I called in on the other day. They did manual adjustments for me. But they asked that I wait on any of my November's that did not show up yet. They said if they don't post in 8 weeks then they will manually credit them.

All I have to say is I have NO PROBLEM waiting 8 weeks before I call. I know that when I make that call 8 weeks later I will have those points when I hang up.

I had to laugh today when I finally got an email from Mileage Plus shopping telling me they were finally giving me miles for my Best Buy and Groupon orders from April and May! Well at least they acknowledged that I would be getting them. I still need to wait a few more weeks before they should up in my MP account.

I have been bugging them for months for these orders!!! So sick of emailing them about it. It was so nice last week to call Sapphire and say "Hey look.... I am missing points for my Drugstore.com orders....". Then to have those points within minutes....
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:02 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
has anyone received UR points after returning the items. I took advantage of the 10x Macys offer over Thanksgiving, but some of the clothes don't fit. Now What?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.