Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Booking flights, rooms. cars, cruises, etc w/Chase U.R.; July, 2015 >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion, beginning in January 2017, here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1820508-booking-flights-rooms-cars-etc-w-ultimate-rewards-points-2017-a.html

Posts prior to July, 2015, are archived here: Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] Booking flights, rooms. cars, cruises, etc w/Chase U.R.; July, 2015 >

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:23 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum

Is there such a thing ?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:22 am

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated] July, 2015 onward

Lost $400 today by booking a United flight through the UR mall. I decided to change our flight about five hours after I made the original booking. Had I made the original reservation on united.com (as I normally do) the cancellation would have been fully refundable within 24 hours. As it was made through the UR mall, a $200 per person change fee was levied against my $465 reservation.

That was an expensive lesson and for me, it's a good reason not to book United travel through the UR mall.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
If I were to call Chase to book a series of flights instead of using the UR travel website, would I receive the extra point/$ on top of the 2 points/$ on the CSP card (for a total of 3 pts/$)?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:45 pm

When I book a hotel at chase rewards - Can I add my Hilton loyalty number to the reservation? do I need to do it afterward?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by kingrat
When I book a hotel at chase rewards - Can I add my Hilton loyalty number to the reservation? do I need to do it afterward?
My guess would be afterward. You can book it and see what happens. UR rez. are easy to cancel with a phone call.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Add Club Carlson #

Just booked a Radisson Blu hotel through the Chase Travel portal because the price was substantially cheaper than other OTAs and Club Carlson. Now I'd like to add my Club Carlson Gold number in case I still get benefits, but I am not sure how to. The Chase confirmation number is not a Club Carlson confirmation number. Has anyone had any luck adding any hotel account number to a Chase Travel reservation? Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by boberonicus
Lost $400 today by booking a United flight through the UR mall. I decided to change our flight about five hours after I made the original booking. Had I made the original reservation on united.com (as I normally do) the cancellation would have been fully refundable within 24 hours. As it was made through the UR mall, a $200 per person change fee was levied against my $465 reservation.

That was an expensive lesson and for me, it's a good reason not to book United travel through the UR mall.
This surprises me. I went through the same issue about 3 months ago. I booked the tickets through the UR portal, the fare dropped the next day (and dropped in the UR portal as well) by $100. It was less than 24 hours and I called and she was able to cancel the tickets no problem. Flight was on AA.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:15 pm

When booking thru the UR Travel Portal, can you leverage hotel promotions?

If you book directly through the UR travel portal (ie - for a hotel that isn't a transfer partner), is there any way to leverage promotions that the hotel offers directly? For instance, if the hotel offers a 4th night free option, can you take advantage of that if you use UR points to book?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:05 pm

How long does it normally take for a UA booking to "ticket" when done through the UR portal. I got the confirmation from ultimate rewards a little over and hour ago, but on United's site it is noted that the flight is not ticketed yet. I was still able to select seats. This is the first time I've booked through the UR portal (used partial points, partial cash) and have no idea what is a normal amount of time for the ticketing to take. Thanks in advance!!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Booking PE on Ultimate Rewards Travel Site

I am sure this has been discussed before, but unfortunately my limited search skills and time constraints didn't allow me to dig deeper before asking here.

Looks like there isn't the choice to book Premium Economy on the Ultimate Rewards website. Has anyone been able to get the 3x points for buying a Premium Economy ticket with a phone agent? Are the agents able to see PE availability, which we aren't?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by boberonicus

They refunded fully an Air India reservation that I had mistakenly made with them in October, within the stipulated 24 hour period.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:58 pm

are there benefits of booking tickets through ultimate rewards (if not redeeming pts)

My chase sapphire card just arrived, and as I understand it, if I redeem an airline ticket through ultimate rewards, my redeemed points will be worth more.

However, what if I use chase ultimate rewards site just to purchase tickets? are there any benefits or perks that comes along with it?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:02 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Hi semidevilz, welcome to FT.

I'm going to move your post to the Ultimate Rewards master thread. I think you will get more help over there.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:40 pm

Booking Delta Comfort+ through UR

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to book Delta Comfort+ through Ultimate Rewards? I see an option for Economy and Business/First but that is it. I know it is in the Economy cabin so I am wondering if there is an option to upgrade it or not during the checkout process. All my points have not yet posted so I haven't attempted to check out.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe try calling? Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.