Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom - 30K UR points if you call - see 5/10 post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

check it out right here. people that recently applied for the $250 offer can send a secure message through the chase online banking system and will usually get the additional $50.

no annual fee - 1 % cashback on everything - 5 % on special categories

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...p.do?SPID=DN52
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:05 pm

There is also a targeted offer for $300 after first spend. I got it in the mail, waited a month from after I got the Sapphire Preferred and signed up. Points posted after first statement which was abbreviated as per my request on the phone to about a week after I got the card.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
My husband got the $300 offer, met the $500 spend, and received the check. Can I apply for the same or similar offer? Seems like a great deal!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:19 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peachfront
My husband got the $300 offer, met the $500 spend, and received the check. Can I apply for the same or similar offer? Seems like a great deal!
Chase usually does not give bonuses for the same credit cards twice.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by peachfront
Yes -- but if you have the Sapphire Preferred card, you'll get more out of the bonus if you use it to transfer (via the Sapphire Preferred Ultimate Rewards account) to airline miles.

Originally Posted by BAK
Chase usually does not give bonuses for the same credit cards twice.
I think the question isn't about one person churning a card.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I don't see it in the T&C but assume this isn't available to existing Freedom Card holders for a new account. Actually have two Freedom cards now -- both conversions from branded Chase cards -- one was the Starbucks card, the other probably an affinity card for an alumni association.
Too many bonus opportunities. Just made the spend to qualify for the 50,000 point Sapphire preferred bonus. And made my holiday contributions to use up the whole of the $1500 charity/dept store spend on the current Freedom cards.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
^ THANKS OP, this is an awesome deal on a no-AF card!! I thought it was a good deal at $200 cash-back after $500 spend.

Originally Posted by mot29
I don't see it in the T&C but assume this isn't available to existing Freedom Card holders for a new account.
From the website:

"To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:51 am

I don't suppose there's something similar for the mastercard version? (the highest I've seen is $200 for the MC). On a related note, is it possible to get the bonus for both the Visa and the MC?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:42 am

Chase $300 cash back - what's the catch?

Chase Freedom - $300 cash back. I just saw this deal posted and wonder if it's too good to be true. I've read through the terms-and-conditions and don't see any hidden "gotcha's". Anyone have additional info on this you'd like to share? Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Alynnb
Chase Freedom - $300 cash back. I just saw this deal posted and wonder if it's too good to be true. I've read through the terms-and-conditions and don't see any hidden "gotcha's". Anyone have additional info on this you'd like to share? Thanks!

Why do you thing there should be a catch?

In fact, as far as sign up bonuses go, the Chase Freedom is pretty average. There are better offers out there. Check this thread: The Special Credit Card Offers Master Thread
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
My wife got an invite for this card, surely took advantage of just to get the $300 cash back with first purchase made, no minimum account.

No brainer, its a good deal for no other purpose than to get the $300
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I just saw this deal posted
Welcome to Flyertalk. I have merged your question into an existing discussion of this offer. I suggest you review the older posts.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by worldspan
My wife got an invite for this card, surely took advantage of just to get the $300 cash back with first purchase made, no minimum account.

No brainer, its a good deal for no other purpose than to get the $300
where is this offer with no min?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i think the secrets of this card are the good cashback and the good rotating categories...also if you have the sapphire card or ink then you can move those chase freedom points to ultimate rewards and use them for airline/hotel points
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu
where is this offer with no min?
The no minimum is targeted. I received that offer in the mail, I have not seen it anywhere online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.