Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Hopefully this question isnt too stupid, so bear with me! I've tried searching but there are so many threads and links within them I'm getting lost trying!

I currently have the regular Chase VISA signature (since 2011) which gives 10 elite nights per year. I usually get those elite nights credited in late January, so those have already been posted for this calendar year..

I'm Gold Elite, with 37 nights, and won't get anywhere near the 50 required for re-qual. I'm ok with that. Figured I would just do a challenge in 2014 and get back to Gold.

**If I apply for the new promo, offering 70K points and 15 Elite nights per year and I apply NOW... it takes 6-8 weeks for the elite nights to post after account open date... so that's probably into 2014 anyways. However, the 15 nights would get me to Gold again. Although, I would have sort-of double dipped on credit card elite nights for 2013 if you factor in the 10 that I already have. Isn't there some verbiage in the T&C that prevent that?

Should I just wait until January to enroll / upgrade the account and get the 15 nights then? This would follow my usual cycle that I have been accustomed to over the past few years. Am I over-thinking this too much?

thanks for any advice. I love having the status, but affinity card promotions are not my strong suit

cheers,
PF
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Hopefully this question isnt too stupid, so bear with me! I've tried searching but there are so many threads and links within them I'm getting lost trying!

I currently have the regular Chase VISA signature (since 2011) which gives 10 elite nights per year. I usually get those elite nights credited in late January, so those have already been posted for this calendar year..

I'm Gold Elite, with 37 nights, and won't get anywhere near the 50 required for re-qual. I'm ok with that. Figured I would just do a challenge in 2014 and get back to Gold.

**If I apply for the new promo, offering 70K points and 15 Elite nights per year and I apply NOW... it takes 6-8 weeks for the elite nights to post after account open date... so that's probably into 2014 anyways. However, the 15 nights would get me to Gold again. Although, I would have sort-of double dipped on credit card elite nights for 2013 if you factor in the 10 that I already have. Isn't there some verbiage in the T&C that prevent that?

Should I just wait until January to enroll / upgrade the account and get the 15 nights then? This would follow my usual cycle that I have been accustomed to over the past few years. Am I over-thinking this too much?

thanks for any advice. I love having the status, but affinity card promotions are not my strong suit

cheers,
PF
I had called Chase about the same thing a few days ago and while they weren't able to provide me with a concrete yes/no, I had them put a note on my account so that if the nights were posted past the new year they would bump me up to gold regardless.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
FYI, the Wiki on the top of this page has the link to MarriottRewards.com/70kBonus, with a $1000 spend req. to get the sign up bonus, but Marriott has been sending out the very similar MARRIOTTREWARDS.COM/70KOFFER, with the same sign up bonus except this second link has a $2000 spend req. Anyone who may have trouble meeting the $2000 spending minimum be sure to use the first link.

Originally Posted by fenix8o0
I had called Chase about the same thing a few days ago and while they weren't able to provide me with a concrete yes/no, I had them put a note on my account so that if the nights were posted past the new year they would bump me up to gold regardless.
Does anyone have confirmation on this, how long after your "anniversary" does it take for the nights credit to post?

It's December now. I wouldn't want to have the bonus post in Dec. every year, then have a bunch of stays early in the year, without the bonus, then have the bonus bump my status near the end of the year, giving me status for the following year, after my stays are finished.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
Originally Posted by jn in ca
FYI, the Wiki on the top of this page has the link MarriottRewards.com/70kBonus, with a $1000 spend req. to get the sign up bonus, but Marriott has been sending out the very similar MARRIOTTREWARDS.COM/70KOFFER, with the same sign up bonus except this second link has a $2000 spend req. Anyone who may have trouble meeting the $2000 spending minimum be sure to use the first link.

Does anyone have confirmation on this, how long after your "anniversary" does it take for the nights credit to post?

It's December now. I wouldn't want to have the bonus post in Dec. every year, then have a bunch of stays early in the year, without the bonus, then have the bonus bump my status near the end of the year, giving me status for the following year, after my stays are finished.
I applied for the card and received the nights even before the card arrived.YMMV obv
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:31 am

I applied for the card and received the nights even before the card arrived.YMMV obv
+1. Just applied last weekend; email from Marriott arrived on Monday noting that cat 4 cert was already in my account.

ISTR having held this card several (>5) years ago & was surprised to get the cert at all. It's possible that the last card came with no free-night cert, which could explain why I have one now despite Marriott's once-per-lifetime policy.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:48 pm

Just received the card, and it's the same metal-core design as the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I'm a little surprised they're using the premium style for a co-branded card.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Since this offer seems to be off/on, I'm going to take a chance and wait until March/April so that the anniversary cert. will be valid during school summer vacation months.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by beltway
Just received the card, and it's the same metal-core design as the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I'm a little surprised they're using the premium style for a co-branded card.
Yeah, metal, and uses the non embossed numbers. Chase switched to that same design (but thicker) for the Ritz-Carlton co-brand card too. IMHO, I don't get why metal is special. Is somebody going to weigh my card? O.k., here is where I am going to complain. For anybody who doesn't give a hoot about card design, just skip this.

I cannot believe anyone who designs cards (yes, there are people who have a job designing cards) thought it would look good to move the "Marriott" logo from justified left hand side to centered, and move the card numbers from centered to the left. Those non embossed numbers can be put almost anywhere, even vertically, even on the back. Using those engraved numbers pushed off to the side, but under a centered "Marriott" doesn't look very professional. I would've assumed if Chase was going to change to engraved numbers, they would have made an effort to make them aesthetically integrated with the new card design.

Oh, and a second complaint: why can't Chase make the effort to make the web site's image of the Marriott Visa look like the actual card? It isn't too much to ask that the web designers make their images look like the card they are depicting.

Last edited by jn in ca; Dec 30, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:39 pm

Same here. Both my elite nights and my free night certificate are dated the same day I applied for the card. Regarding the notes that FTers posted above, that it might take 6-8 weeks for stuff to be posted, not in my case. It was same day.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Since this offer seems to be off/on, I'm going to take a chance and wait until March/April so that the anniversary cert. will be valid during school summer vacation months.
Same here. Keeping an eye on this to make sure its still live
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:18 am

I got a mailer from Chase that said the collision insurance on this card changed a couple months ago, but as far as I can tell, it's still secondary insurance.

Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by nall
I got a mailer from Chase that said the collision insurance on this card changed a couple months ago, but as far as I can tell, it's still secondary insurance.

Interesting. I got a mailer with changes but it was the Identify Theft Insurance that changed. Got one both for my CSP and Freedom. I'm expecting one for this card too.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:20 pm

When you guys are saying that you are receiving cards that are "metal-core" are you saying that they are no longer exposed metal like they have been in the past but now coated metal? I recall them being like this in the past
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:02 pm

How long does it take to receive this card once you have been approved?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
How long does it take to receive this card once you have been approved?
How long does it take any card to come in the mail after being approved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.