Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by crimson12
I agree: if they rolled out a bunch of great partners, then it might be worth it. For me, it might be worth switching when my Amex Plat is up for a fee, if their perks beat the Plat.

But as I understand it, the Palladium doesn't waive the first year's fee, right? Would it be possible to get a Select (first year waived), and then 'upgrade' to the Palladium? Would they just pro-rate the Palladium's yearly fee, or could we potentially get the Palladium with the first year effectively free (riding out the balance of the Select)?
Palladium does not waive fee's, nor does Amex on the Plat really either though.

Also AFAIK, although they are at this point taking app's for the card it is not nearly as simple or easy as getting approved for an Amex Plat.

Last edited by mlad1101; Oct 29, 2011 at 11:54 am
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:44 pm

After owning this card for just over a week I have to say its amazing the customer service I have received. When they give you your own CSR it's not a joke and they take their job seriously. I can even text them and they reply. I had a question and instead of putting me on hold I was given a call back in ten minutes from a direct number. Credit line is amazing and they don't ask for your left nut for an increase.

As soon as it gets status with United my Cent card is gone! (if that ever happens)
Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platinumPizza
After owning this card for just over a week I have to say its amazing the customer service I have received. When they give you your own CSR it's not a joke and they take their job seriously. I can even text them and they reply. I had a question and instead of putting me on hold I was given a call back in ten minutes from a direct number. Credit line is amazing and they don't ask for your left nut for an increase.

As soon as it gets status with United my Cent card is gone! (if that ever happens)
If you don't mind sharing, what kind of limit did you get? thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by mlad1101
Palladium does not waive fee's, nor does Amex on the Plat really either though.

Also AFAIK, although they are at this point taking app's for the card it is not nearly as simple or easy as getting approved for an Amex Plat.
Yeah. Maybe I wasn't totally clear.

I have an Amex Plat, which will come up for renewal next July. So the question is, do I want to (a) pay for the Plat, (b) pay for the Palladium, (c) pay for neither.

I was wondering, if I signed up for the Select (which is free for the first year) around June 2012, could I then "upgrade" the Select to the Palladium, and get the Palladium free for the next 11 months?

I note also that the $200 credit makes the Amex effectively $250/yr, and I don't see the Palladium with a comparable "discount" benefit.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
I was wondering, if I signed up for the Select (which is free for the first year) around June 2012, could I then "upgrade" the Select to the Palladium, and get the Palladium free for the next 11 months?
I doubt it, AMEX makes you pay the annual fee if you upgrade cards even if the card you are coming from had its first year waved. I can't imagine Chase would be any different, especially with their top tier card
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I signed up for the Select (which is free for the first year) around June 2012, could I then "upgrade" the Select to the Palladium....
As a matter of policy Chase will not allow an upgrade during the first 12 months.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
As a matter of policy Chase will not allow an upgrade during the first 12 months.
Thanks mia. That's what I would have suspected... too bad. (Though mybe I will get the Select next summer regardless with the first year free, and then evaluate the Palladium in 2013...)
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
I don't believe they do "upgrades" to the Palladium card either. Someone can correct me if they have done so.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Just got my card yesterday via UPS Next Day Air after faxing in the application around 10/30. Card feels very similar to the Centurion card (unfortunately without nearly as many benefits). It's silver in color, contrary to a lot of pictures I've seen around the internet which depict it as a light gold hue.

The etched information is pretty cool - definitely a unique feeling when brushing your fingers over it.

The customer service number is awesome -- no hold time, direct connection to a human and they already have all your information pulled up based on caller ID. An interesting thing I did note is that there was no activation required. I've never had a credit card come pre-activated

Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
JAn interesting thing I did note is that there was no activation required. I've never had a credit card come pre-activated

Good thing it didn't get lost in the mail!

Also, I think Chase is more generally moving to the no-hold-time system, because I've called customer service a few times on my Sapphire Preferred and I've never had an automated menu or hold time. (Which was funny, because most automated menus tell you your account balance, which is all I wanted the last time I called.)
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
An interesting thing I did note is that there was no activation required. I've never had a credit card come pre-activated
My JPM Select was the same way
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:21 pm

Good thing it didn't get lost in the mail!

Also, I think Chase is more generally moving to the no-hold-time system, because I've called customer service a few times on my Sapphire Preferred and I've never had an automated menu or hold time. (Which was funny, because most automated menus tell you your account balance, which is all I wanted the last time I called.)
Interesting. It must be a function of the card type because when I call for service on my Chase Amazon card from my registered phone number, I am prompted to enter the last 4 of the card number and then I'm given an automated menu (but it's stated from the start that I can hit 0 for a representative at any time).

With Palladium there's a quick few second message saying "this call may be recorded" and then a human picks up within a ring or two.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Interesting. It must be a function of the card type because when I call for service on my Chase Amazon card from my registered phone number, I am prompted to enter the last 4 of the card number and then I'm given an automated menu (but it's stated from the start that I can hit 0 for a representative at any time).

With Palladium there's a quick few second message saying "this call may be recorded" and then a human picks up within a ring or two.
I think it's the higher-end cards, the 2 JPM cards get instant access as well as the Sapphire card and I'm guessing the Ritz-Carlton card as well. Makes sense though and I much prefer Chase customer service to the Amex Plat line.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:21 pm

Has anybody clearly read the welcome letter you get from Priority Pass after getting Palladium? There's a line in there that says "As a result of your benefit, JP Morgan card members with priority pass membership will receive unlimited complimentary lounge visits for the primary card member and accompanying guests"

Do I take this mean that there are no additional guest fees (vs normal PP where you get charged $24 per guest)? Or am I interpreting this completely the wrong way and they need to clean up the way they write that sentence?

I have PP through my Amex as well but I don't recall what the welcome letter said, nor do I still have a copy, so I cannot compare the verbiage.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:36 pm

Does anyone know what the fee is to add an authorized user?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.