Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by is0morph
Does anyone know what the fee is to add an authorized user?
$99 per AU.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Has anybody clearly read the welcome letter you get from Priority Pass after getting Palladium? There's a line in there that says "As a result of your benefit, JP Morgan card members with priority pass membership will receive unlimited complimentary lounge visits for the primary card member and accompanying guests"

Do I take this mean that there are no additional guest fees (vs normal PP where you get charged $24 per guest)? Or am I interpreting this completely the wrong way and they need to clean up the way they write that sentence?

I have PP through my Amex as well but I don't recall what the welcome letter said, nor do I still have a copy, so I cannot compare the verbiage.
I can confirm there are no guest fees (up to the lounge's own policy) for Palladium card holders.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by cityboy340
I think it's the higher-end cards, the 2 JPM cards get instant access as well as the Sapphire card and I'm guessing the Ritz-Carlton card as well. Makes sense though and I much prefer Chase customer service to the Amex Plat line.
I'm willing to be it has more to do with the cardholder's credit profile and spending pattern than the card they hold.

I could be wrong though.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
I can confirm there are no guest fees (up to the lounge's own policy) for Palladium card holders.
So just to confirm, you were able to take yourself + a guest (or multiple guests) into a PP lounge without any fees showing up on your card?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:08 am

So just to confirm, you were able to take yourself + a guest (or multiple guests) into a PP lounge without any fees showing up on your card?
My confirmation is based both on the letter I received with my PPS membership via the Palladium card and on experience using the membership to access lounges.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:24 pm

My confirmation is based both on the letter I received with my PPS membership via the Palladium card and on experience using the membership to access lounges.
That's great to know, thanks. Somewhat of a "hidden" perk since those guests are $27 each if entering a lounge with the PP I have from Amex
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Something that i find quite strange is that here in Latin America Platinum MasterCard holders do get Full Unlimited PP access. Ever since the introduction of Priority Pass in Venezuela it has been as that. About 2 months ago policy did change and Full PP is issued to Black MasterCard holders only. Visa signature holders do not get any kind of PP, nor previous MC Platinums.

In Venezuela only Full Priority Pass is offered. You can bring 2 guests without being charged. Black is invitation only here, it's not a big thing as i have a Gold card from the same issuer that has equal credit limit. I'm not sure, but i am mostly positive that i do not pay any kind of annual fee for it. So PP is actually free. I have used PP a lot. Being using it for about 8-10 years? I don't know but plenty of time since i had it via my mom's extension.

So reading about all those ultra exclusive US cards, i don't understand why a card of such investment bank as JP Morgan would not throw to their cardholders full PP, when lesser institutions in third world countries such as mine would. Come on!

About the Palladium card , can someone take an actual picture? i'm not sure how it looks in real person. Can you accidentally get cut with it? lol. or the corners are delicately brushed and impede that feat.

I want to see it!! How it looks, show pix
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mvtm

About the Palladium card , can someone take an actual picture? i'm not sure how it looks in real person. Can you accidentally get cut with it? lol. or the corners are delicately brushed and impede that feat.

I want to see it!! How it looks, show pix
I ran across several people posting photos in this thread on another board:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index...owtopic=475814

And I think the reason PP membership for U.S. based credit cards excludes UA Clubs has a lot to do with the relationship between Chase and UA.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:35 pm

And I think the reason PP membership for U.S. based credit cards excludes UA Clubs has a lot to do with the relationship between Chase and UA.
I called PP the other day and confirmed that the JP Morgan benefit includes the cardholder + one guest at no additional charge.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I called PP the other day and confirmed that the JP Morgan benefit includes the cardholder + one guest at no additional charge.
Then this is the same benefit as the PP that comes with the Ritz Carlton card. The card is also made by metal, but not precious metal. The better part is that there is no fee for the additional cards and they also comes with the same PP.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass

Thank You Dr!
I will do a JP Morgan internship as an analyst in summer, so i'm a fan of those letters. Looks great ^
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
I'm willing to be it has more to do with the cardholder's credit profile and spending pattern than the card they hold.

I could be wrong though.
Immediate Live customer assistance is an advertised feature of the Sapphire.

Here's the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFjQ...eature=related

However the rep will ask you for the full 16 digital card number, where else the computer will only ask for the last 4 numbers if you call from your phone number on file.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ragnarok
Immediate Live customer assistance is an advertised feature of the Sapphire.

Here's the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFjQ...eature=related

However the rep will ask you for the full 16 digital card number, where else the computer will only ask for the last 4 numbers if you call from your phone number on file.
When I call Pd customer service this is what happens:

1) a recording says the call may be recorded.
2) a human being answers the phone identifying himself or herself and asks me to verify the last four of my card.
3) the representative asks me by name how I am doing today and what he or she can do to help me.

works from my office, cell, and home lines.

Last edited by Dr_wanderlust; Dec 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...the representative asks me by name how I am doing today
This style of simulated intimacy is insulting.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by mia
This style of simulated intimacy is insulting.
really? The reps use "Mr. Wanderlust" not "JimmyJohn" or "JimmyJohn Wanderlust." I don't have a problem with them using my name. It is better than when my students think it is cool to use my first name or "hey Wanderlust" or even "hey JimmyJohn"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.