Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
This factor is a particular reason why it's going to be interesting to see what Carlson's international solutions are going to be for cardholders across the far-flung geography of their market. Different banks, different policies, especially w/r/t the FTF?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by sdsearch
... I'm already used to paying for overseas Hilton and SPG and Choice and Best Western and WyndhamRewards hotels with my Marriott card, because of the no FTF on the Marriott card. Club Carlson would simply be one more...
Glad I'm not the only one doing this.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hey,

if you read my post, I said the 15EQN(elite qualifying nights) would be useful for me as a current gold member, as it brings me to concierge and breakfast is a +++ for me. that's what i meant

P.S. I love the brand dsquared, if your name is based on that haha
I don't think it will be too useful for you unless you are an American! Somehow with a handle of SKYEG, I take it you are not.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:54 am

Anyone gotten approved for the Premier yet? Wife just applied and got the "we can't decide now, we'll let you know" message. Just when I thought I could be done with US Bank (Olympic flexperks promo)...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
Anyone gotten approved for the Premier yet? Wife just applied and got the "we can't decide now, we'll let you know" message. Just when I thought I could be done with US Bank (Olympic flexperks promo)...
Many people have been approved. Check the thread on this card in Miles Buzz.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
Many people have been approved. Check the thread on this card in Miles Buzz.
Yeah, my bad, as soon as I posted it I realized there was probably an official thread for it over there.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Campath
The 2 for 1 award redemption is about the only reason anyone would want to keep this card beyond the first year. 40k points for $75 or 25k points for $50 is not all that much.
Worst case: 100000 CC points = 18000 FF miles. So 40000 CC = 7200 FF. Most people would consider AA, UA, etc. miles to be worth more than 1.04 cents each.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Deøeted. Wrong math!

Last edited by travelkid; Dec 6, 2012 at 7:04 am Reason: wrong math
Old Dec 5, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know if the 2for1 promotion can apply to stays that are coming up soon? I already booked a 2 night reward stay at a Radisson and I just got the card.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Does anybody know if the 2for1 promotion can apply to stays that are coming up soon? I already booked a 2 night reward stay at a Radisson and I just got the card.
I would assume that it is only for awards booked after you get the card so you might have to rebook for the 2for1. I would just call and ask.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by blackmamba
My guess is: If you were charged 2x the 1 night award cost you won't be getting the second night free.

You might need to go back in and rebook the award (if available).
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Still haven't made up my mind if I want to apply or not. If I decide to pull the trigger I would hate to not be approved based on all the negative comments in the other thread. Never had a US Bank card but like most on FT I've got several Chase and Amex cards plus the US Barclay and a AA Citi card. I've never been denied a card in the past and last time I checked I had a great credit score. Wonder if it makes any difference if your a CC Elite if you apply through the link in their weekly emails vs the credit card page mentioned in the OP.....I'm thinking maybe a preferred member advantage.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Still haven't made up my mind if I want to apply or not. If I decide to pull the trigger I would hate to not be approved based on all the negative comments in the other thread. Never had a US Bank card but like most on FT I've got several Chase and Amex cards plus the US Barclay and a AA Citi card. I've never been denied a card in the past and last time I checked I had a great credit score. Wonder if it makes any difference if your a CC Elite if you apply through the link in their weekly emails vs the credit card page mentioned in the OP.....I'm thinking maybe a preferred member advantage.
I'm on the fence too- I might just apply for the no-fee card to use the 2nd free points night. Don't think I'll be using the card regularly for daily purchases. Plus, the 3% FTF kills the deal for me.

ETA: Concierge status doesn't seem to impact the application. US Bank doesn't know your status when you apply for the card. The link sent in their weekly email is the same for everyone else.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Worst case: 100000 CC points = 18000 FF miles. So 40000 CC = 7200 FF. Most people would consider AA, UA, etc. miles to be worth more than 1.04 cents each.
Originally Posted by travelkid
72000^
Huh??????????

travelkid, your math seems to be off by a factor of 10. Since when is only 40,000 (toomanybooks wrote 40,000, not 400,000) Club Carlson points worth a whopping 72,000 FF miles???

The point is, it's a 100:18 ratio when convering CC points to FF miles. Do the math, you'll see that that ratio applied to 40k CC points gives 7.2k FF miles, not 72k FF miles.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Huh??????????

travelkid, your math seems to be off by a factor of 10. Since when is only 40,000 (toomanybooks wrote 40,000, not 400,000) Club Carlson points worth a whopping 72,000 FF miles???

The point is, it's a 100:18 ratio when convering CC points to FF miles. Do the math, you'll see that that ratio applied to 40k CC points gives 7.2k FF miles, not 72k FF miles.
Sorry, I misread thus presented wrong math/ratio

My previous post is deleted/redacted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.