Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AirAsia.com with a USA credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:09 pm

All my cards work if I book in the States. Once in SE Asia, the problems begin (same w/Nok & Agoda). The transactions get rejected. I call my bank and they say everything is OK on their end. At this point there's nothing to do but visit a Travel Agent. wj
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
All my cards work if I book in the States. Once in SE Asia, the problems begin (same w/Nok & Agoda). The transactions get rejected. I call my bank and they say everything is OK on their end. At this point there's nothing to do but visit a Travel Agent. wj
I am often booking Agoda and just booked Nok Air and don't have any problems. Interesting.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I am often booking Agoda and just booked Nok Air and don't have any problems. Interesting.
A couple months ago on Koh Lipe I couldn't book the return flight on Nok. I had booked flight there from the US. Tried 4 different cards. Fortunately the only TA on the island was still open. Card worked fine there. Attempting to buy PNH-BKK same problem on FD. I had booked BKK-PNH from the US. I finally had to go to the FD office on the Quay - where the 1st card worked. My friend who just moved to Thailand had the same problem with all his CCs and had to visit a TA as well. Last year Agoda kept rejecting my charges and I called them. My banks said everything is OK - the problem was on Agodas end. I called them and they asked me to fax them a copy of my passport & both sides of my CC, despite the fact that I had purchased dozens of rooms with that same card previously. My banks said that there's probably a problem with Agoda's bank's security software. Don't know if that's true, but a couple different CSAs fed me that opinion.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
A couple months ago on Koh Lipe I couldn't book the return flight on Nok. I had booked flight there from the US. Tried 4 different cards. Fortunately the only TA on the island was still open. Card worked fine there. Attempting to buy PNH-BKK same problem on FD. I had booked BKK-PNH from the US. I finally had to go to the FD office on the Quay - where the 1st card worked. My friend who just moved to Thailand had the same problem with all his CCs and had to visit a TA as well. Last year Agoda kept rejecting my charges and I called them. My banks said everything is OK - the problem was on Agodas end. I called them and they asked me to fax them a copy of my passport & both sides of my CC, despite the fact that I had purchased dozens of rooms with that same card previously. My banks said that there's probably a problem with Agoda's bank's security software. Don't know if that's true, but a couple different CSAs fed me that opinion.
Weird. I've booked on a multitude of cards and just last week booked DD on a new CC without a hitch. I've probably used 5 CCs for Agoda. I've also booked for family (from SE Asia) using their cards for TG, PG, and Agoda and have never had any problems. All the above mentioned scenarios where conducted while i was physically in Asia using CCs based in the US.

Makes me wonder which of us is the aberration.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Weird. I've booked on a multitude of cards and just last week booked DD on a new CC without a hitch. I've probably used 5 CCs for Agoda. I've also booked for family (from SE Asia) using their cards for TG, PG, and Agoda and have never had any problems. All the above mentioned scenarios where conducted while i was physically in Asia using CCs based in the US.

Makes me wonder which of us is the aberration.
Me obviously. Doesn't always happen to me, but at least 10X in the last 10 years with all kinds of different cards. There are just certain periods where no transaction will go through on their websites. every time I have to go to a travel agent. Before that, I remember unsuccessfully trying to purchase DPS-BKK 18 months ago and SGN-BKK a year ago. wj
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I just had a terrible experience with AirAsia. My credit card was billed, the online confirmation showed everything confirmed. When my friend showed up to fly (I bought them a ticket), they were told to pay cash or they couldn't fly. Sadly, they didn't have enough for the entire round-trip.

I received no notice from them regarding this denial, which they said was fraud related. Presumably because the person flying was not the same as the CC? Regardless, a terrible thing to happen to someone flying, they'd even already checked-in online!

Had they even told me a day before I could have paid cash.

Terrible AirAsia, showing a confirmed flight that you don't honor.

Beware, I hear lots of stories like this.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I've never had any luck booking via airasia.com using my Chase MileagePlus. CC. All this time I've been blaming AirAsia (Chase always reports never getting any request).

Recently I tried booking a flight on Silk Air (a Singapore Airlines subsidiary) and their website rejected my Chase CC too. Just like with AirAsia, the online booking worked fine when I switched to my Diner's Club MasterCard for the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.