Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 5: FAQ, information and updates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Terminal 5: FAQ, information and updates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Originally Posted by mjack99
I did indeed mean the Concorde lounge. I have actually used the F lounge already a few times. Its nice. Don't think I will have time for the Cabana. Would rather get home to the family.

SmilingBoy, not really sure what your directions are referring to?
Well, the lounges are really directly after South Security. Except that BAA decided that you need yo make a big detour: 250 m left, one floor down, 250 m back, one floor up.

BA paid a lot of money to have a direct door to the Concorde Room (which you can only use if you have Concorde room access.

Last edited by SmilingBoy; Nov 27, 2008 at 1:30 pm
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:45 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It's been a long time since I had a connection in T5. Of course, my incoming flight had to arrive on the South side of T5, which made me walk all the way to the North side of T5 for connections, cross the standard security lanes in North Security, all the way up to the Northernmost location, with a single lane, 40 pax deep Fast Track queue, before going back all the way down to Galleries First. Or did I miss something and is there a shortcut ?

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 1, 2008 at 3:50 pm
Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Thanks, SmilingBoy. Got it now. Will try my luck with the shortcut but will probably get sent the long way just to teach me my real place in the scheme of things.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by xxxxx
BA will not move out of T4 until Oct 2009 at the earliest.
That is bad news.

Although I did feel some pangs of nostalgia on my last trip, which I thought was likely to be my last T4 trip. Obviously not.
Originally Posted by OPebble
It is the old Gate 1 Terraces. The only concession to Premium PAX is a Chef's Kitchen area for pre-flight dining!
There is at least one other improvement, for everyone: self-pour champagne.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Darn - I had completely not thought about this. My last BA flight out of LHR was to HKG and I had totally forgotten that the SIN flights were going from T4 - hmm my big perfect plan of flying out of teh wonderful SYD F lounge to the UK and the ok F lounge in T5 home seems to not be quite going to plan.

Flying BA15 on 11 Nov...
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You may sneak in as November is after "Late October", however given the track record of the T5 moves to date and the words "at the earliest", you are correct.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 6, 2009 at 8:27 pm
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Showers other than in the lounges?

This is probably the wrong forum to ask this question, but does anyone know whether (and if so, where) there are any showers in T5 for those without access to the lounges?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:56 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the Ba terminal 5 website page no longer has the fancy maps or interactive lounge tour and cannot be found anywhere on their site.

Does anyone have any old links for that.

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mamlewis
Has anyone else noticed that the Ba terminal 5 website page no longer has the fancy maps or interactive lounge tour and cannot be found anywhere on their site.

Does anyone have any old links for that.

Thanks
Yes, I noticed that too - I think it was deleted about 3weeks ago.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by dastonm
Yes, I noticed that too - I think it was deleted about 3weeks ago.
Welcome to FT.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Tip of the day: when entering T5 via South Security, head towards the World Duty Free store enroute to the South Galleries. The down escalator inside the store is much closer than the one in the concourse and avoids the tricky bottleneck. Feel free to shunt any perfume displays impeding your passage with your roller bag.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:45 am

What's the minimum connection time at T5?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Roka
What's the minimum connection time at T5?
T5 > T5 is 1 hour. Other terminals > T5 up to 1 hour 45.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:20 pm

T5 > T5 is 1 hour. Other terminals > T5 up to 1 hour 45.
Thank you. I appreciate the simple, clear response.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe Qantas et al have always been planned to move to T3 as the OneWorld home.

There has been some speculation that the T5A > T5B > T5C shuttle train may be extended to T3. But that makes logical sense and we are dealing with BAA!
What are the plans for T5C? I was in T5 for the first time the other day (I'm from the US and fly AA to Europe and haven't connected to BA for a few years), and there were fixed signs talking about the time to get to the C gates, but all the flights shown were at either A or B gates, and the elecronic sign answered quesitons only about stuff like "is my flight at A or B gates", with no mention of C. Which implies that C is still not open for business.

But when it does open for business, what will it be used for, if not for bringing stuff in from other terminals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.