Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Hilton promo [5 stays, 10k Avios]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, you ask at check-in (to update/retrieve the info on your HH profile)
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No, you ask at check-in (to update/retrieve the info on your HH profile)
Excellent thanks. That's easy!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by KathinJax
I saw this promo before I had 2 stays in late May. I changed my airline to BA 2 days before the first stay. The first stay was points + cash. I received triple HH points, but no miles. The second stay, I received miles - but they credited to Virgin Atlantic and not BA.
You will not receive miles for a points + cash stay (but you will receive stay credit and usually HH points for any incidentals), i.e. you will not receive these BA promo miles.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Interestingly, I received 2000x2 for 1 stay of 3 nights that I booked as 2 nights and 1 night consecutively. Hilton only awarded 1 stay credit but Ba gave 4000 miles +base.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The 2000 points from my 2nd hotel stay have posted at the same time as the double dip ones appeared (3 days later). Still no sign of the 2000 avios from the first stay, with Hilton saying wait 6 weeks.

Last edited by chistery; Jul 3, 2017 at 2:33 pm
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Similar, my first three posted fine after a week. After three weeks the final two haven't posted to baec after showing on hilton points activity. :/
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Stayed on a day rate at Helsinki on 26/6, info posted on my Honors account 28/6 and avios posted to my account on 1/7.

I think I'll have to try the re-pull request for my second stay as I'm sure I had that under Asia Miles at the time I made the reservation.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I've so far had them post 5, 9 and 4 days later. And 2k always posting at the same time as the double dip points.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Still waiting for my 02/07 Avios. Another stay with Kaligo (on 11/07) are already posted.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I stayed at Hilton 2 weeks ago and still wait for them to post, the same with double dip points/avios.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I didn't get the bonus points on a cash stay a few days ago. For some reason, Hilton bypassed my preferred airline partner (BA) and instead sent miles to the secondary one (AA), with no bonus of course. Weird. I'd been earning BA miles with Hilton for quite a while, and still have BA set as the primary partner, so this is a mystery. I phoned customer service, who said they would look into it. I also deleted all non-preferred partners to (hopefully) prevent it from happening again.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Hilton IT systems are a bit odd - at most (but not all) hotels, the Points+Points or Points+Miles preference is taken from your Hilton Honors status on the day of checkout. However, if Points+Miles is picked, the "Double Dip" Airline is almost always taken as the one that was your preference at the time of booking not checkin!

When you checkin, the registration card will show you the airline partner currently picked for Double-Dip Points+Miles. If it isn't the right one, ask them then to change it. Don't ask them to change it later, or it generally won't happen. Instead, hand over the card, say something like "I updated my airline preference online yesterday but your system hasn't seemed to have spotted it, could you update it for me for this stay" and they should tap-tap-tap and fix it for you on the spot for that stay.

Back on topic, I've had the 2k bonus for stay #4 , but only the base avios for stays #1-#3 and #5 ....
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
All my stays posted now on BA. ^
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by BigE
I didn't get the bonus points on a cash stay a few days ago. For some reason, Hilton bypassed my preferred airline partner (BA) and instead sent miles to the secondary one (AA), with no bonus of course. Weird. I'd been earning BA miles with Hilton for quite a while, and still have BA set as the primary partner, so this is a mystery. I phoned customer service, who said they would look into it. I also deleted all non-preferred partners to (hopefully) prevent it from happening again.
What count.s is what you had set at the time of booking.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
What count.s is what you had set at the time of booking.
I'll try changing this with the front desk, as Gagravarr suggested. Thanks for the heads up, because I hadn't even guessed this.

I just looked up the T&C and there's no mention or the mileage partner being permanently fixed at booking. In fact, it seems to say the opposite:

"Members can change their Earning Style Option at any time. The Earning Style Option in place for a Member as of 23:59:59 U.S. Central Standard Time on the day of check-out for a given stay will be the Option that governs earnings for that stay. No changes can be made retroactively for past stays."

Maybe it's an accidental glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.