Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Hilton promo [5 stays, 10k Avios]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
BA and Hilton promo [5 stays, 10k Avios]

Looks like a nice new Hilton and BA promo.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces...6MULTIBR7EN8i1

Will be an easy 10,000 avios for me and happy to change to point and miles earnings as trying to get rid of Hilton points.

All credit to http://milesfromblighty.boardingarea.com

Edit: Terrible title. Should have given more detail. Free to change.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Nice, go that all taken care of:-)
Old May 24, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice one.

Although I always wonder why Hilton can frequently email me garbage and spam, but can't be bothered to email me about quite interesting promotions. (I had a Hampton stay last weekend that I missed out on...)
Old May 24, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nice one.

Although I always wonder why Hilton can frequently email me garbage and spam, but can't be bothered to email me about quite interesting promotions. (I had a Hampton stay last weekend that I missed out on...)
Great promotion. Just registered and changed my earning preference to make use of it.

Hilton don't seem to want to email any decent offers. It especially annoys me when they have their flash sales with good promotions and seem to want to keep them secret. APAC current flash sale currently running is a good example.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
nice one - thanks for flagging!
Old May 24, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Great! Thanks for this
Old May 24, 2017, 12:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thanks. I have a couple stats already booked so nice to get sone extra avios.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Will this promotion show up in your active promotions, because I registered but do not see it there?
Old May 24, 2017, 12:26 pm

Thanks OP. Very useful for me as I have to complete 8 stays by end of August for my Diamond status match, so will be definitely make use of this.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:21 pm

Does this promotion work if I have already booked enough stays?
Old May 24, 2017, 11:42 pm

Thank you so much for the heads up!
Old May 25, 2017, 12:16 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
There is a concurrent triple points for Diamond promo. Assuming they don't stack, if 1 Avios = 2 HH, then better to get triple points on stays over (roughly) US$200 and 2000 avios for stays under US$200.

But not sure whether it will count as the first 5 stays after registering, or only stays where earn pref is set to Points & Miles (and also sometimes it depends on what was set at the time of booking, making it unduly complex to predict what will actually happen)

Originally Posted by safari ari
Will this promotion show up in your active promotions, because I registered but do not see it there?
It should do eventually, but may take a few days even weeks after registering

Originally Posted by Davehereford
Does this promotion work if I have already booked enough stays?
T&Cs do not say anything about booking before registration, so as long as you stay within the promo period, you should get it.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I might have an overnight at ABZ this weekend.

Something like £41 for the HIX (£5 more for the Crowne Plaza) and this will get me around 5000 points from the Accelerate promo.
Or about £5 or so more to stay at the Hampton and get the 2000 Avois. Further away though.

Not sure which to go for.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
There is a concurrent triple points for Diamond promo. Assuming they don't stack, if 1 Avios = 2 HH, then better to get triple points on stays over (roughly) US$200 and 2000 avios for stays under US$200.
The double/triple Hilton points offer is earned on base points so by setting your preference to airline miles, you can benefit from both promotions.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!

These promos ALWAYS stack. Points promos apply to the points portion and miles promos apply to the miles portion.

There is so much mis-understanding and mis-information about Double Dip, that I'm surprised Honors didn't get rid of it during the rebrand...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.