Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Hilton promo [5 stays, 10k Avios]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by florens
All my stays posted now on BA. ^
All three recent stays bonus miles posted to my account - quickest 4 days after stay ,slowest 9 days
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
My stays 2,3 and 4 have all posted but not 1. They were on my Hilton account and Hilton said they transferred them to BA on 5 Jun. They are not on my BA account at all.

What do you think the chances are that BA can/will do anything about this - I think I will get put in a ping pong situation between BA and Hilton!!

Aks120
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
All three recent stays bonus miles posted to my account - quickest 4 days after stay ,slowest 9 days
My slowest was 15 days and the quickest 6 days. I somewhat have the impression they post once a month, around mid-month (16th and 18th here).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by aks120
My stays 2,3 and 4 have all posted but not 1. They were on my Hilton account and Hilton said they transferred them to BA on 5 Jun. They are not on my BA account at all.

What do you think the chances are that BA can/will do anything about this - I think I will get put in a ping pong situation between BA and Hilton!!

Aks120
Call Hilton.Mrs rapidex had the same problem.Hilton cs fixed it and gave her 5000 Hilton points as an apology.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by rapidex
Call Hilton.Mrs rapidex had the same problem.Hilton cs fixed it and gave her 5000 Hilton points as an apology.
I did call Hilton and they told me to phone BA! They said as they had already transferred the miles there was nothing they could do!

Aks120
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by aks120
I did call Hilton and they told me to phone BA! They said as they had already transferred the miles there was nothing they could do!

Aks120
Thats what they said to me first time.I argued and eventually they gave way and sorted it.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
Thats what they said to me first time.I argued and eventually they gave way and sorted it.
Good to know - I will try again!

aks120
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by BigE
"Members can change their Earning Style Option at any time. The Earning Style Option in place for a Member as of 23:59:59 U.S. Central Standard Time on the day of check-out for a given stay will be the Option that governs earnings for that stay. No changes can be made retroactively for past stays."

Maybe it's an accidental glitch.
Earning Style = Points+Points or Points+Miles

I've heard that a small number of hotels do refresh the whole member's profile before/at checkin, which would pull down the latest selected double dip airline partner. On the whole though, most hotel systems grab it at booking time. The "selected" airline partner will show on your registration card so you can check

I believe, but haven't ever had it confirmed, that the hotel systems sends HHonors your membership number + airline partner number + qualifying spend, and the HHonors system decides (based on your profile at that time) if it should credit points+points or points + miles to program details sent with the spend
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I had a stay on Saturday and points and Avios have appeared this morning.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:35 am

I think it was just stays at the start of the promotion that were a problem.I had difficulty with my stay at the end of may,as did mrs rapidex.That is all sorted now,I have had my 10000 avios and mrs rapidex 6000 avios so far.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I made a real rookie mistake... I followed the instructions on the BA promo and selected BA/Avios for the double dip but didn't know I also had to set the earnings choice from 'points+points' to 'points+miles'. I either read the BA promo incorrectly, or it assumed we'd have already chosen 'points+miles'.

Anyways, now sorted out before future stays, but the earlier stays can't be changed over and credited according to the call centre.

I post this in case it helps anyone else new to the game so they don't miss out!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Bit of a log shot I know but...

I booked five different Hilton properties across Indonesia and Thailand to make the most of this offer, but due to a delayed inbound at KL I missed my flight and had to overnight there. I therefore didn't check in for the first of my bonus Avios says.

I am am happy to forfeit the money as this first night was only a Garden Inn at around £40 advance purchase, non refundable etc, and MH put me up at a free hotel anyway, but is there any way to still get the bonus Avios since I have "paid" for the room? Can they check me in and then check me out again a minute later to trigger it as a stay??

If not I'll try to sandwich in one last Hilton before the end of my summer as I still have a few nights with no plans.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I am am happy to forfeit the money as this first night was only a Garden Inn at around £40 advance purchase, non refundable etc, and MH put me up at a free hotel anyway, but is there any way to still get the bonus Avios since I have "paid" for the room? Can they check me in and then check me out again a minute later to trigger it as a stay??
In Asia I can't see this happening, with Hiltons you normally do have to go through the check-in process for anything in this area to work. The big exception is if it is a Digital Key hotel, mainly in North America, a handful elsewhere, where it seems that merely invoking the key is sufficient. The Digital Key is a bluetooth sub-App where guests use their phones to access their room rather than get a hotel key, and in theory it eliminates checking in at the front desk.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In Asia I can't see this happening, with Hiltons you normally do have to go through the check-in process for anything in this area to work. The big exception is if it is a Digital Key hotel, mainly in North America, a handful elsewhere, where it seems that merely invoking the key is sufficient. The Digital Key is a bluetooth sub-App where guests use their phones to access their room rather than get a hotel key, and in theory it eliminates checking in at the front desk.
Thanks, will leave it at that then and try to fit in a fifth if I can. Currently at the Hilton Resort Bali, can't fault it.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The 2k avios for my 4 oldest stays (which had shown the 2k Avios on the Hilton side but not BA) all seem to have been credited to my BA account on Friday

Not sure if that was automatic, or was following on from my email to the Hilton Diamond team a week ago, but either way I've now got all of my 10k bonus avios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.