Wiki Posts
Search

BA September Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, SPG Gold
BA September Enhancements

Hearing rumours that BA may be enhancing the complimentary newspaper offering in France. Maybe also the rest of Europe.

Not really sure what shape this will take, but doubt it will be positive.

I dont fly BA often, but do re-call seing the blue stalls at the boarding area in CDG.

CDG Flyer
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Welcome to FT CDGflyer and the BA board.

Nice post to open with - enhancements are a swear word around these parts!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
be interesting to see if it is enhanced before it starts in Krakow

The blue stall appeared months ago but has never seen a newspaper yet
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
A true enhancement would be to ditch the racist Daily Mail.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CDGflyer
Hearing rumours that BA may be enhancing the complimentary newspaper offering in France. Maybe also the rest of Europe.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA board CDGflyer. Thank you for that contribution, I guess you heard that somewhere local to Roissy.

It wouldn't affect me since I prefer to get my newspapers on the Kindle, but I guess the weight of all the newspapers would add up to a tidy sum, Europe wide. But BA, suffering under from its own customer indices somewhat, may need to be careful about this. I often notice that if there are delays on the Newcastle and morning services, and everyone grabbed a newspaper, people are often so glued to their journals (or Journal) that they tend not to whinge too much if we go a few minutes off schedule. If they are going to do this it would be better for the onboard wifi to come on stream and then they can offer "free" newspapers and periodicals via tablets, PCs and mobile telephone connectivity, using that to leverage some upselling on digital content.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
New trend?

Shall I expect 'BA October Enhancements' thread in September
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
How about an enhancement wiki?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Mercifully I have escaped the world of newsprint when travelling. The ITV app covers main news items, and my Kindle covers the hours without functional or inteesting IFE.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Maybe it would be easier to just have a thread about what BA still has.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by TPJ
New trend?

Shall I expect 'BA October Enhancements' thread in September
At least we're still at monthly enhancements and not yet at weekly enhancements.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Some
Hoping if this does happen it will just be outstations as there are never enough copies of the FT in T5 GF, meaning I normally end up picking one up at the gate (bits of the paper perpetually seem to be strewn around the lounge whereas the less popular newspapers are stacked high in the newspaper rack)
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:19 am

I'm finding this too depressing... a new thread each month on the BAEC board, titled "[insert month here] Enhancements".

But at least this one's not confirmed, yet.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit
A true enhancement would be to ditch the racist Daily Mail.
Was once on a flight waiting to depart in WTP and a CC came through with spares from CW calling out "Would anyone like a newspaper? Or the Daily Mail?"
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You're assuming that BA pays for the papers in the first place, which I doubt.

If you want your magazine in the lounge you pay a fee and provide them for nothing (which, to be fair, is an attractive deal for most publishers).
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I think this is a genuine enhancement. Having stopped reading any form of newspaper and relying on the beeb, I have found the reduced political claptrap (yes there is some but not as much) my life is better for not wasting time on the drivel printed in most of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.