Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

O/T Hilton status benefits when booked as flight + hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond

There were some changes to the Hilton Honors benefits which means that you only get status benefits at Hiltons if booked through a direct channel.

A direct channel includes IATA-approved travel agents and of course Hilton itself, but previously when staying in a Hilton on a BA booking I'd not earned anything.

However, given the updates in the wording I wondered if anyone had managed to get a BA hotel booking into Hilton's Honors system or if I should expect flight + hotel bookings to be treated as if they were made with any old OTA.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:11 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Data point:

I've done 2 stays with BA Holidays since the change.
Both times, once the holiday is booked, I've been able to call the hotel ahead in advance and add my hilton hhonors details, and have been able to avail myself of my Gold benefits, and see the stay in my app/check in etc.
Upon check out, I've also received points and bonuses.

Previous to this, I did not receive status benefits or points upon check out on BA Holiday bookings.

So, it has worked (so far) in my favour.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I've had similar experience to rxfleming with IHG (although I can never normally view details of the reservation when I log into my IHG account).
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I have gotten elite benefits at the property but no points when booking with BA Holidays (2-3 times in the last 2 years.)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

I've received all benefits and an upgrade, but no stay/night towards renewing status
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've only ever received the benefits and upgrades by emailing the hotel in advance with my hhonors number, but this was last year. Would be great if they now did offer points and bonus as there's some great flight and hotel deals on ba.com. I presume the points are given on the basis of how much BA pays them for the room but there is never a breakdown with these packages of how much the hotel and flight costs seperatly.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
No points and stay credit. You will often (if not usually) receive your status benefits if you show your card when checking in or call the hotel ahead of time.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hrough-ba.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...el-points.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hrough-ta.html
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Thanks Jerry but the Ts & Cs now specifically make reference to *some* TA bookings being eligible stays, which wasn't the case before, so I was hoping for post-update experiences.

I also realise that I'm being optimistic - but it would still be good to know for sure.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Cymro
Thanks Jerry but the Ts & Cs now specifically make reference to *some* TA bookings being eligible stays, which wasn't the case before, so I was hoping for post-update experiences.

I also realise that I'm being optimistic - but it would still be good to know for sure.
I'm not sure anyone can provide you a definitive answer. Your thread in the Hilton forum attracted some discussion but no reports of anything having changed in this regard (nor have I seen any other reports). Some TA bookings (as in people booking through their corporate TA, like Egencia or Concur) were eligible for points, stay and night credit, and on-property benefits before this change. I guess I would consider the change to be more of a clarification of the eligibility of those booking sources as opposed to an expansion of eligibility to other third party booking sites. You could always try reaching out to the HiltonHonorsRepresentative who posted in your thread in the Hilton forum but I would not hold out much hope that you will get a definitive response.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anybody have any recent experience of this? Are British Airways Holidays treated as a GDS Travel Agent for the purpose of the Hhonors terms and conditions?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I stayed at Conrad Algarve at the end of March. Recieved the benefits but no points for stay, checked and confirmed by hhonours and BA holidays dont qualify.

hope this helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.