Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight+hotel package: hotel points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
BA flight+hotel package: hotel points?

If I book a flight+hotel package from BA, does the hotel typically give you points in their program (and any status perks) or is it like booking through expedia etc? What about the stay counting towards hotel status?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Certainly if you stay at a Hilton, it is like booking through expedia. ie. Nil Points
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:28 am

Accor is the same.. Well actually I have had one post and one not post. :-(
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Hilton you should receive any on property status benefits to which you might be entitled as a Hilton Honors diamond or gold. You will not receive points or stay credit.
See this thread and the linked threads within:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-holidays.html
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
I once got a suite upgrade at the Boston Sheraton on a BA Holiday package deal by showing Starwood gold, didn't get any points though.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Executive Club Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Gold
I've always found with Accor I still get the points (I found out by chance that BA sends the hotel a credit card number and the hotel bills it, I found out because BA's card was declined and I had to settle the bill and claim back from BA!). I've booked the Sofitel at Heathrow and Sofitel in Rome using Avios and had points credited also - I guess with Accor it's hit and miss though based on the above comments.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum
Generally no you don't get points.

I normally receive points for money spent though, i.e. hotel charges such as food and drink.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Thanks all. General answer seems to be no points/stay credit, but might get status benefits at properties.

Most of the thread comments appear to be for Hilton. Any specific experiences with Marriott or Hyatt?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Hilton and Hyatt have a decent reputation for giving status benefits on third party stays. Other chains less so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.