Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: QFF Plat
Many thanks Calchas,
There is a drop down box that says Country of Residence, happy to select UK (local address in UK I have), but don't fancy being in the position of getting found out and disbarred (and losing the tier credits I have earned....).
Any thoughts as I haven't actually heard of anyone else saying that they have done this and everything worked out fine !
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jazzmini
Many thanks Calchas,
There is a drop down box that says Country of Residence, happy to select UK (local address in UK I have), but don't fancy being in the position of getting found out and disbarred (and losing the tier credits I have earned....).
Any thoughts as I haven't actually heard of anyone else saying that they have done this and everything worked out fine !
My guess is that BA are not going to send someone to check on the address. If they do venture down to the SW1A 1AA post code area and ask to look around I expect HM will give them short shrift (on your behalf obviously as the Australian head of state.)

[Okay don't write "123 Fake Street".]

On a serious note, there are a few companies who will redirect mail from a UK address to the outback Australia for a small fee.
http://www.keepingyouposted.com.au/how-it-works.asp
http://ukmailboxdirect.co.uk/virtual...in-nottingham/
Possibly you have a long lost relative in Europe?

If you have a local address in the UK I don't really think you have much to lose. No one is going to check whether you live there.

However I should say, there are other airlines and by using BA you will miss out on *A offers targeted to Australia. Also consider CX or JL, although I cannot speak for their programmes.

BA's earning on QF/CX/JL is quite poor but there is no sign of a devaluation.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: QFF Plat
Thank you Calchas, I along with many other ockers are now in the annoying position of trying to work out what to do !!

I will probably end up going Singapore, they are joint with Virgin but also *A.

I guess this is the peril of the airline industry. Many thanks for your help
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Are there any US/(ORD)-based BAECers here? I need qualifying flights but I won't be doing TATLs in the foreseeable future…are the Caribbean flights my only option? Flying to Nassau is still hefty for me tho…
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
To my surprise just been awarded tier points and avios for an Emirates flight but bought as a qantas flight. It was the third leg of a trip, the other two were on qantas metal and have got the avios and tier points for them.

Is this a change?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martin102
To my surprise just been awarded tier points and avios for an Emirates flight but bought as a qantas flight. It was the third leg of a trip, the other two were on qantas metal and have got the avios and tier points for them.

Is this a change?
Maybe. This was reported before but the earnings table now officially reflects this (sort of).

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post24233435
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jazzmini
IIRC, when the BA/QF JSA was disbanded and this issue became particularly acute for Australian residents, our official lurker BA Executive Club (who was then Nicci) encouraged Australian residents to use a UK postal address if they were able to get access to one that they could rely on, so that they could join BAEC. Someone may be able to find the post where this was said.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Smile BAEC Membership

I am fortunate enough to hold both UK / AU passports, though do not officially reside in either country.

I continue to use BAEC (family UK addy) for European travel - mix of Y/I; mainly PRG -LHR weekends, and use *A - SIA, Y/D, for the longer trips home about 4-5 times pa.

This mix works well for me at least.

However just for a change and a few points to use at weekends my next trip "home" will be on a OW partner, AY in J.

PRG HEL HKG MEL worth circa 27k Avios and 640 points rtn
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Just need some clarity on this.

The other half was gold but then changed jobs so has no travel and went all the way down to blue. Our leisure routes now involve EI and LCCs due to our routings etc.

We are doing a HNL run so we will earn lots of to and avios therefore I understand that she will go from

0 to 300 which will give her bronze her tps are not reset and she can continue to 600 for silver?
Are they then reset to 0 meaning that she will have to earn another 1500 for gold? Or does it still continue meaning that gold would only be 1500 and not 2100 TPs.

I know that this is basic stuff but I am getting confused. She now wants her gold card back again as EI may be part of IAG soon and thereby bringing them back into oneworld. Most of her travel now is with EI and the lounge is all she wants.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by HarryBA
Just need some clarity on this.

The other half was gold but then changed jobs so has no travel and went all the way down to blue. Our leisure routes now involve EI and LCCs due to our routings etc.

We are doing a HNL run so we will earn lots of to and avios therefore I understand that she will go from

0 to 300 which will give her bronze her tps are not reset and she can continue to 600 for silver?
Are they then reset to 0 meaning that she will have to earn another 1500 for gold? Or does it still continue meaning that gold would only be 1500 and not 2100 TPs.

I know that this is basic stuff but I am getting confused. She now wants her gold card back again as EI may be part of IAG soon and thereby bringing them back into oneworld. Most of her travel now is with EI and the lounge is all she wants.
No resetting of tier points between levels during a membership year. Tier points reset at the end of your membership year. Starting from blue if you reach 1500 TPs during your membership year (and have the four eligible flights you will have attained bronze at 300, silver at 600, and gold at 1500.
Have a look at the examples here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24088163-post4.html
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarryBA

The tier point reset thing was abolished a long time ago. Tier points are now reset only at the beginning of every membership year. The membership year lasts for 12 months not depending on when you get your status. You retain your status for one year after the reset.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: QR Gold
I have booked a multi city DOH LHR MIA SCL stopover MIA stopover LHR DOH via expedia and ticketing thru AA. All flights booked into I class (business).

My hope/expectation is that this equates to 6 x 140 TPs - can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dohadosser
Yes. Six legs, each over 2,000 miles, in business class, on OW carriers. That would earn 840 TPs as things stand (and I would guess that TPs for long-haul business are unlikely to be reduced).
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
No more British Airways Barclaycard in Germany

Since Feb. 1st Barclay stop issuing the British Airways Barclaycard in Germany to new customers.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dohadosser
I have booked a multi city DOH LHR MIA SCL stopover MIA stopover LHR DOH via expedia and ticketing thru AA. All flights booked into I class (business).

What was the price? (I'm just curious!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.