Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
All looking good today! Gold retention pack showing as having been ordered today and card expiry has reset to May 2014

Result! Many thanks to BA and bmi. Matching to Gold was a good choice by BA - now I've experienced the increased reward availability of Gold (and some of the F lounges) I'm now pretty likely to work to retain it!
Conversely mine is now listed as a downgrade to Silver. Time to dig out the email from BA Customer Services when I raised it first last year.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:10 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Conversely mine is now listed as a downgrade to Silver. Time to dig out the email from BA Customer Services when I raised it first last year.
Definitely. Nicci remembered the issue well so I don't anticipate any problem getting it sorted, just a bit of a pain!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
All looking good today! Gold retention pack showing as having been ordered today and card expiry has reset to May 2014

Result! Many thanks to BA and bmi. Matching to Gold was a good choice by BA - now I've experienced the increased reward availability of Gold (and some of the F lounges) I'm now pretty likely to work to retain it!
Ditto.

Thanks BA!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:39 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Response within 72 hours by BA CS, issued sorted.

Well done BA.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:37 pm

Hey everyone,

Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread...

I'm currently listed on Executive Club as:

Tier Point collection year ends 08 Jun 2013
Card expiry date 31 Jul 2013

I am going to miss Silver on BA by a handful of TP this year so want to know if my BMI match will automatically extend me into 2014 anyway. I've had a look through the thread but couldn't quite understand the situation. Can anyone clarify?

Advice is, as always, greatly appreciated.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I'm not entirely sure, but it will depend when you processed your status match.

The match would last for the end of your current membership year and then a full one. So you would at least have had to enact your status match on or after the 9th June 2012.
      Old May 24, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
      Originally Posted by JimmyAtron
      Hey everyone,

Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread...

I'm currently listed on Executive Club as:

Tier Point collection year ends 08 Jun 2013
      Card expiry date 31 Jul 2013

I am going to miss Silver on BA by a handful of TP this year so want to know if my BMI match will automatically extend me into 2014 anyway. I've had a look through the thread but couldn't quite understand the situation. Can anyone clarify?

Advice is, as always, greatly appreciated.
      I think I got those same dates when I created a BAEC account and matched around 20 June last year, and am expecting the matched Gold to extend to July 2014.

If you already had a BAEC account then the dates may work through differently.
      Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
      I've also just received my Silver pack. In my case I had a relatively small window in which to match: my BA year reset on 08 May 2012 and my bmi Gold status was due to lapse on 30 June 2012. I was away on a trip until 09 June, so had around 3 weeks in which to do the match.

From what I've read here, I thought I'd get BA Gold until May 2014 (with the card expiring end-June) as I was already some 5 weeks into my 2012-13 BA year at the time of matching.
      Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Steady-EDI
      I've also just received my Silver pack. In my case I had a relatively small window in which to match: my BA year reset on 08 May 2012 and my bmi Gold status was due to lapse on 30 June 2012. I was away on a trip until 09 June, so had around 3 weeks in which to do the match.

From what I've read here, I thought I'd get BA Gold until May 2014 (with the card expiring end-June) as I was already some 5 weeks into my 2012-13 BA year at the time of matching.
      You were in your year and the terms the match were remainder of current year plus next year, so to 8 May 2014 (the same as me).

I've contact BA Customer Relations on 6 occasions about this, 4 over the last month and been told at every point I was correct and I'd get my new gold card soon.

Despite this, as of this morning I've been downgraded on the system, losing access to free reward booking changes, extra gold inventory etc. the best Customer Relations could do was send a short email for me to print out to show at lounges and (yet again) told me I'd get a card in 28 days.

Very poor service.
      Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, Aegean Airlines
      You were in your year and the terms the match were remainder of current year plus next year, so to 8 May 2014 (the same as me).

I've contact BA Customer Relations on 6 occasions about this, 4 over the last month and been told at every point I was correct and I'd get my new gold card soon.

Despite this, as of this morning I've been downgraded on the system, losing access to free reward booking changes, extra gold inventory etc. the best Customer Relations could do was send a short email for me to print out to show at lounges and (yet again) told me I'd get a card in 28 days.

Very poor service.
      Similar experience. Contacted Gold Card relations twice, promised it would be sorted but also downgraded to Silver after being Gold for 10 months of exec calendar.

The BA website still confirms the terms of the match

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Is their some more informed in customer relations to contact?
      Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
      Downgraded to Bronze today. When i received my Bronze card a couple of weeks ago i sent off an email and it was confirmed again i would be Silver until 2014... Another email sent. Slightly annoying, maybe they have to do it manually?
      Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:36 am

After a second email to Customer Services again quoting BA's own website I got an email at 2am in morning letting me know I was upgraded back again to Gold.
      Seems this had to be done manually.
      Perhaps quoting BA own Q&A on BMI status match cut through the confusion & delay on this
      Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:43 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by BucksFlyer
      After a second email to Customer Services again quoting BA's own website I got an email at 2am in morning letting me know I was upgraded back again to Gold.
      Seems this had to be done manually.
      Perhaps quoting BA own Q&A on BMI status match cut through the confusion & delay on this
      Has your status actually updated online yet?

That's been the sticking point for me.
      Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:26 am

The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Yes It was updated immediately online.
      Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
      Originally Posted by Steady-EDI

Advised today that once the downgrade process has been set in motion, it cannot be stopped. However I'm to be returned to Gold status within 3 working days of my card expiry date (and downgrade process completion date), 30 June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.