Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I had 880 Tier Points (but zero BA flights) - my matched Silver year ended yesterday - and it looks like I survived and still show Silver
Your status will remain the same online until your current card expires.
If you keep an eye on the "order executive club items" in Manage my account you will be able to see in advance what colour card is going to be on its way to you
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Yep, my Gold year expired yesterday too, but I'm still showing as gold until the end of November. I fully expect a silver card to be winging its way to me then. Unfortunately I just haven't been flying enough to renew gold - I will miss the additional availability when redeeming Avios for sure (that coupled with Reward Flight Saver meant very cheap, flexible European tickets at pretty much any time I would want!).
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orudge
Yep, my Gold year expired yesterday too, but I'm still showing as gold until the end of November. I fully expect a silver card to be winging its way to me then. Unfortunately I just haven't been flying enough to renew gold - I will miss the additional availability when redeeming Avios for sure (that coupled with Reward Flight Saver meant very cheap, flexible European tickets at pretty much any time I would want!).
You're right, RFS has been great, definitely looking to renew Gold. As you say I have basically flexible economy fares that would normally cost $$$ on my home carrier SN.

Only issue I've found is a miss-match of BAEC and Avios.com availability which makes a mockery of the supposed Gold V class.

BA has worked out well for me, but I still really miss DC and bmi.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by hugolover
BA has worked out well for me, but I still really miss DC and bmi.
I agree
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by caz312
In my case even after I received my silver pack through I was told that it would all be fine and I would still stay Gold.
I was told there would be a manual update made but not till the day my card expired which would keep me at Gold so not to worry
However the day after my Gold card expiry I changed to Silver online so I had to contact again.

The status online was sorted out within a couple of days and I received an email welcoming me to my new tier! and could see that a new Gold pack had been sent to be dispatched

I had 100+ tier points earned since my reset and they stayed in place
I'm going through this experience just now too - as per my posting 4 weeks ago I've not had my "full" Gold year honoured online, although whenever I call them up they assure me I am in the queue to be reupgraded. The Gold card expired on Thursday and I'm now officially "silver" on the website. I travel in 1 week on a long haul adventure and to be honest I'll be quite angry if I don't get the G status they promised me at the point of travelling on an expensive trip I'm paying for. I'm assured if I phone often enough this will be sorted, but no sign of a fix thus far...

Any advice?

Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by so3003
I'm going through this experience just now too - as per my posting 4 weeks ago I've not had my "full" Gold year honoured online, although whenever I call them up they assure me I am in the queue to be reupgraded. The Gold card expired on Thursday and I'm now officially "silver" on the website. I travel in 1 week on a long haul adventure and to be honest I'll be quite angry if I don't get the G status they promised me at the point of travelling on an expensive trip I'm paying for. I'm assured if I phone often enough this will be sorted, but no sign of a fix thus far...

Any advice?

Have you told them you have flights coming up?
Best if you do and ask for a letter stating your lounge entitlement.
Originally Posted by jbfield
3) It is possible to get a letter sent to you stating your membership level so that you can access the relevant lounges (and bonus miles for being Silver/Gold retro-credited).
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Hi Guys

I need your help. My membership year ended 08 Sep 13. My goldstatus dropped to silver on 31. Oct.

I made the BMI statusmatch last year on 27. Sep 12. i tought that I will get Gold till the end of my membership year 08 Sep 13 + the whole next year til 08 Sep 14...

I just called the EC hotline to talk about this but they told me that it is right that i dropped to silver because the card expiry date is 31. Oct and my Goldcard was valid for more than 1 Year. I insisted that the membership year has to be taken not the card expiry and asked for a supervisor to talk to. The woman at the hotline refused to do so because she sees no reason for this... She said that I can send a letter but she is 100% sure that I have no reason to ask again for a free year of gold!

Is she right? Do I had to wait till the end of card expiry not the end of membership year do do the match?
If not who can i write to review this?

Last edited by cgnSenator; Nov 3, 2013 at 1:47 am
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:16 am

The call centre reps aren't really aware of the DC status match as it's being handled by people in the back office.

Don't be surprised that they've given you duff information. You'll see that further up this thread I had a similar issue to you, but got it resolved. Do you have a letter from last year confiming your match?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by jbfield
The call centre reps aren't really aware of the DC status match as it's being handled by people in the back office.

Don't be surprised that they've given you duff information. You'll see that further up this thread I had a similar issue to you, but got it resolved. Do you have a letter from last year confiming your match?
No, i have no letter. I made the match thru the online link. I think I just got an email that I applied for it.

Who is the right contact in this situation?

Last edited by cgnSenator; Nov 3, 2013 at 3:42 am
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:13 am

I've found the Gold hotline are very switched on to this, but the Silver hotline aren't as hot - best to call the number printed on your old Gold card!

In saying that they were switched on, it's now over a month since I was assured I still had a further year of Gold and as of 10 seconds ago I remain Silver on the website
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:22 pm

I live in Germany and we only have one hotline for all customers. No special goldline. If I call the UK or US hotline they tell me to call the german line
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
I live in Germany and we only have one hotline for all customers. No special goldline. If I call the UK or US hotline they tell me to call the german line
This has changed in the last couple of weeks. You can now call any country's hotline and they will be able to help
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator
No, i have no letter. I made the match thru the online link. I think I just got an email that I applied for it.

Who is the right contact in this situation?
A year or so ago some people that didn't get the expected expiry dates wrote to BA and got confirmation in writing of the date their Gold status should expire. That's the letter I mean; as other's say, the Gold line might be your best bet if you don't have that number to refer to.

Can you use Skype to get the UK Gold telephone number?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
This is the response I got after I called in to enquire about my newly-downgraded Silver pack. Is this standard? Do I need to be chasing them in December?

I pity the poor DC members who don't know about FT and don't know to enquire about any unexpected downgrade...

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear Mr kt74

Thank you for getting in touch with the Club regarding your membership status.

Unfortunately due to a systems glitch our database did not recognise your Diamond Club Gold tier match status and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

However I'm pleased to confirm I have arranged for your Gold membership to be renewed. As you are aware, your current Gold card is valid until 30 November 2013 and your account is currently in the process of a downgrade. I'm afraid I cannot override this until it completes on l December 2014. [sic]

With this in mind a new Gold membership card will be ordered for you shortly after the expiry date of your current card. At that time your Gold status for the coming year will be be confirmed on your account and you will receive your new card and bag tags in the following 28 days.

Please destroy the Silver card you have received safely.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:19 am

Looks very much like the e-mail I received in July after going through the same 'early' downgrade, although from silver to bronze in my case. The benefit though of this error is that the status match then lasts for nearly another two years as it operates as if you have only just gone up the tier, ie for the rest of your current membership year, plus the next. So kind of a bonus in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.