Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
Status matching available until 31 December 2012! Just received an email about this...
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:50 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by janders
Status matching available until 31 December 2012! Just received an email about this...
I would advise against leaving it to the last minute. Many posters (myself included) have experienced match requests going missing. Make sure you leave enough time to re-apply. Actually no point delaying any later than Dec 9th
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
There was a suggestion one month that requests made specifically on the 9th had not been automatically given the extra year and that people who applied on that date had had to get this done manually, so my plan (with November year end) is to apply on 10 November.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
FWIW, I applied late in July and am still Blue. Shot them a complaint a week ago and still haven't heard back from them either (except for their mail robot acknowledging they did get the complaint). Grrrrrr
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by apoivre
FWIW, I applied late in July and am still Blue. Shot them a complaint a week ago and still haven't heard back from them either (except for their mail robot acknowledging they did get the complaint). Grrrrrr
Similar, I've applied 3 times in about the last 3 months, will give it another 3 weeks and will then send a complaint (I'm already Gold so it will only help with my extension and isn't urgent as a result)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Just what I'm wondering, Oxon Flyer. Will certainly be dropping them an email requesting this if the status match isn't through in time!
What email do we write to ?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1k650
What email do we write to ?
Sadly their isn't one - you need to do it via the BA website and they then get back to you via email.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
Sorry if this has been covered and I've missed it:
is BMi freezing status until its demise? My status miles don't *seem to be posting.

Practical reason for my question: my BAEC year ends 9 Nov and my BMI one on 21 Nov. I'd be concerned to do the match after 9 Nov, even though this would obviously be good in terms of getting status for longer. It strikes me that, if BAEC status matches are taking a while, the point where they do the checking might be after the end of my BMI year...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by janders
It strikes me that, if BAEC status matches are taking a while, the point where they do the checking might be after the end of my BMI year...
That should be fine. IIRC, they check that you had the appropriate BD status on the day you applied for the match, not on the day they actually process it.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I've just sent in my second request for status match to Gold having heard nothing since my request a while back.
Really hoping I won't have to do a third request like some people here.
And I would have done a couple of flights on BA in the past month or so, if my match had come through. But luckily I'm still *A Gold so I booked *A flights instead.

Wondering how many months of my new BA status when I could have flown BA as Gold and got some benefits will have been lost in admin time for the match?

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Oct 3, 2012 at 10:27 am
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Good news, gold today. I applied on 11th Sept and now showing gold till Sept 2013 and card expiry Oct 2014
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:53 pm
phb

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Good news, gold today. I applied on 11th Sept and now showing gold till Sept 2013 and card expiry Oct 2014
Interesting. Mine updated to gold today but shows an expiry of Oct 2913
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I wouldn't be complaining about 901 years of status, personally.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:49 am
phb

Originally Posted by orudge
I wouldn't be complaining about 901 years of status, personally.
2013. The 2913 would have been good!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by phb
2013. The 2913 would have been good!
Thought for a minute that BA had rethought their stance on lifetime gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.