Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:57 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Volpotor
Any way to check my DC status online before requesting a match? Not sure if I've been downgraded or not.
All your transactions, including year roll-over, will still be documented on the activity section of the dc.org website.

In MrsNWIFlyer's case, she was not downgraded from Gold at year end in spite of only crediting 4k status miles from the Amex+ card. Her year-end date had moved from 27th to 31st October, so it's possible that - as DC no longer has status levels - there was an effective freeze implemented when it was no longer possible to earn status miles. YMMV ...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
...so it's possible that - as DC no longer has status levels - there was an effective freeze implemented when it was no longer possible to earn status miles. YMMV ...
Thee was indeed a freeze. Then not. Then there was. Then not. It'd be humorous if they have indeed done this after all the confusion they created .
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
Following the good advice on this thread and a couple of PMs explaining things in small words to me (thanks Raffles ), I requested the status match...and got nothing. So I submitted it again...and got nothing again.

So I emailed BA who came back saying that yes, my match had been processed I now had Gold for the remainer of this year and for the next (ie to middle of 2014 in my case). However my Membership year end date etc didn't change

I followed that up via email and was told that the following year's membership would show on my account once the current membership year ends. That seems quite different to what a lot of others are experiencing.

Has anyone else been given this answer when matching? While I have no reason to doubt the advice from the BA rep (I have copies of emails and a case reference confirming the above), I really don't want to have to go through another series of exchanges next year.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hi gemscot - this is by no means unique - a whole bunch of us (esp those who had April year ends) found exactly the same. I had much to-ing and fro-ing with BA but in the end they confirmed (in writing) that my year end would tick forward a year once it reached 2013.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
You're not the only one. I've and others have received the same information when querying the date on one's account (and keeping the emails for future reference)
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jbfield
You're not the only one. I've and others have received the same information when querying the date on one's account (and keeping the emails for future reference)
+ (another) 1
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
Thanks for the replies, folks. I don't know If I'm reassured or even more concerned to know I'm not alone . I'll just retain various copies of the emails in case they're required!

Cheers

GS
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Mrs Sofasurfer had requested a status match in early August (her Silver status was due to expire in September, so we thought 6-8 weeks would suffice).

Unfortunately, the next three months were eclipsed by a pretty serious health scare (surgery, etc) and now we've come through that with the all-clear (and are planning a fair bit of business and personal travel for the coming months), I've now discovered that her status match never seemed to go through the system - and after trying to sort this with the BAEC call centre, we've received what appears to be a form letter saying the status match hasn't gone through

I think a PM to Nicci is in order... (sounds like she is as capable as Joanna, from others' experiences - fingers crossed she can assist!)
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Agree that's you're best approach and glad to hear all keeping better in the Sofasurfer family!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
Flew SQ J to SYD and back in 2009. Attained BMIDC silver on the out leg and earned enough status miles to retain my tier in Sept 2010. Inexplicably, in Sept 2011 & Sept 2012 I had exactly the number of status miles needed to retain silver.

About 2 months ago I applied for status match with BA, heard nothing and reapplied yesterday. Today, I've been given BA silver with an expiry of May 2014.

Happy!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
How long is it supposed to take for the match to be processed?

I submitted on the 2nd December... still no change yet.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Unhappy Last Chance

I suppose that as 8 December is the end of my BA year that now is the time to status match to BA Gold from bmi lifetime gold (sob sob). I go to BA Blue (from Silver) without the match and I should get 2? years of BA Gold.

In any event I think this is the last chance to status match to BA as the offer closes at the end of December.

If any of this seems wrong please let me know. I’m rather enjoying continuing to get access to lounges with my bmi gold card. bmi I miss you…

Thanks for any advice.

bmifly
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
From the diamondclub.org FAQ:

Diamond Club members can continue to tier match to the Gold and Silver Executive Club tiers until 31 December 2012. After December 2012, the Executive Club will not offer any further opportunity to tier match.

If I were you I would get the match request in sharpish (provided your BA year has ticked over) and chase it up in a week or so if you haven't heard anything. Lots of these things seem to go missing and I'd hate to be unmatched at the year end.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
My membership year with BA ends on 8 December, according to the website. But the tier points/flights have not reset yet for the new year. I’m tempted to wait until this happens, which I trust will be soon, and then go for the status match. As I’ll be in a new BA year hopefully I’ll get 24 months of status before taking part in the battle again to get 1500 tier points a year!

bmifly
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Don't hold your breath. BA has repeatedly increased the advertised time for processing status matches, and is breaching even the 21 working days limit that is currently advertised. I applied on 9 November (immediately my BA year ticked over) and today is 21 working days later, but I'm still blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.