Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:55 am

Smile

Originally Posted by T8191
Being a trivial traveller in comparison to many of you ...
  • Complained twice, received nothing.
  • Budgied around enormously during "The Great ash/strikes Chaos", got rescheduled on numerous occasions, eventually got there and back, said nothing ... and somehow we were given full CW TPs/Miles [remember them?] for the MFU from WT+.

I guess I just don't get into this "compensation culture" thing.
me neither!

In 32 years of flying, I have never asked for or received compensation. In my wee world 'life happens'
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No more Meta discussion please. This is NOT the thread for that - go start another if you have something to say.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I'm just curious.
I got 275,000 miles once after a flight to HEL from LGW. Complaints included:

Exec Club card eaten by SSCI machine;
Refused First checkin;
Rude checkin girl;
Refused fasttrack security;
Bottle of Domestos confiscated;
Refused lounge access;
Forced to wait in line to board;
Refused to allow stroller on aircraft;
Demand to see boarding pass;
Refused seat in empty business class;
Rude cabin hostess;
Refused eighth bottle of red (disgusting and undrinkable anyway);
Only meal choice chicken, beef or birdseed (I'm vegan);
Refused use of business class toilet;
Scorpion bit my leg;
Refused medical attention;
Bedbugs bit my leg;
Pigeon shat on my head;
Refused hot towel to wipe head;
Seat broke as I tried to kill pigeon;
Pigeon ate my birdseed;

Then we took off .... to be continued

I'm Blue.

Needless to say I never flew BA again.
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by heartybob
I got 275,000 miles once after a flight to HEL from LGW. Complaints included:

Exec Club card eaten by SSCI machine;
Refused First checkin;
Rude checkin girl;
Refused fasttrack security;
Bottle of Domestos confiscated;
Refused lounge access;
Forced to wait in line to board;
Refused to allow stroller on aircraft;
Demand to see boarding pass;
Rude cabin hostess;
Refused eighth bottle of red (disgusting and undrinkable anyway);
Only meal choice chicken, beef or birdseed (I'm vegan);
Refused use of business class toilet;
Scorpion bit my leg;
Refused medical attention;
Bedbugs bit my leg;
Pigeon shat on my head;
Refused hot towel to wipe head;
Seat broke as I tried to kill pigeon;
Pigeon ate my birdseed;

Then we took off .... to be continued

I'm Blue.

Needless to say I never flew BA again.

At least your AVOD worked

Mods, you can have my blessing to clean it up or kill it as you see fit.

PG
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
At least your AVOD worked
AVOD? You must be kidding - don't get me started on that
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Originally Posted by heartybob
AVOD? You must be kidding - don't get me started on that
^
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
Have never complained about BA but received 20,000 miles automatically due to hassel and cancellation way back in 2003? when the LHR check-in staff had their wild-cat strikes. I was flying long haul in CW.

It did take a long time to get through on the telephone to get rebooked and I flew indirectly the next day from LGW with BA for the major leg. Sent via Houston which was a PIA! Queues like I have never experienced before at customs. Company travel agent was unable to do this. Fortunately in-laws live very close to LHR so had a refuge to coordinate and plan, unlike many other customers. LHR T4 was mayhem that day.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
A big fat zero the one time I complained.

We missed our SIN connection at LHR because BAA couldn't match the steps to our delayed flight from EDI and then couldn't find any buses. On seeking assistance at flight connections they gave us new boarding passes for a slightly later flight and told us to run. We started running and realised tickets were Y (which they hadn't mentioned).

We ran to the gate and asked if they had J. None as it was when the A380s were all grounded. I chose not to fly as my back is not good. My wife chose to stay with me. We were sent packing; had to queue for ages; when we were finally seen, halfway through we were told by the the agent that her shift was up and she literally walked off after telling us to speak to the only agent left. We had to queue jump to do so which did not go down well with the passengers in the non-business queue.

Finally got tickets for the next day on SQ. They put us on different flights - me in J, my wife in Y (I'm guessing as I was gold at the time and my wife was silver). It had been done already and we couldn't change as nothing else was available direct and if I'd given up my seat it would have gone to wait-list not wife. I was willing to go via NRT, she wasn't so we stuck with what we had. They gave us tickets for the hopper and a night in the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Just the whole shambles, the contempt shown - not just to us but a bunch of other passengers at their home base really upset me. If the first agent had told us what the situation was (only Y & flights all full) then we could have got ourselves sorted much more quickly and without the stress. My wife probably would have gone then and I would have gone the next day.

I sent a complaint and got a standard "sorry but we don't care" response. When I replied saying I found this inadequate and they didn't even apologise to my wife for stuffing her in Y they sent my wife the same email.

I have not taken a paid J flight with BA since and have been flying Air France and KLM as they are cheaper and I have lower expectations so less likely to be disappointed. Off down under on Saturday in J and that is Air New Zealand.

I'm sure I'll fly with BA on and off but their response made me feel like they don't care. So I was gold, I'm now silver and will most likely be bronze come August.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No more Meta discussion please. This is NOT the thread for that - go start another if you have something to say.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Huh??? Some days I could be thick headed, what is Meta?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
It's a real word, I had to check, but it really is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-discussion
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
A 'meta-discussion' would be a discussion about a discussion. I'm not too sure what Swanhunter meant either. Perhaps another way of saying 'get back on topic'?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Thanks.... It makes sense now...

As for me, I really didn't complain to BA about it, but on one flight there was malfunction and everything wa confused... All of a sudden I get those extra miles or whatever... Can't remember how much and am not going to check them.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by golfmad
A 'meta-discussion' would be a discussion about a discussion. I'm not too sure what Swanhunter meant either. Perhaps another way of saying 'get back on topic'?
I believe what our esteemed mod was saying is that the discussion about the merits of whether this discussion was worth having was not on-topic.

BAH
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
I believe what our esteemed mod was saying is that the discussion about the merits of whether this discussion was worth having was not on-topic.

BAH
Which makes this reply a discussion about a discussion about the merits of whether the original discussion was worth having. My head hurts.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
Which makes this reply a discussion about a discussion about the merits of whether the original discussion was worth having. My head hurts.
So does mine and I didn't even have a drop of alcohol...... Yet, maybe after the above post I should, it might make it clearer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.