Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate guide feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Ultimate guide feedback thread

So, it's time for a refresh of the Ultimate Guide. This version has been done slightly differently, without the usual peer review prior to publication. Instead, the obvious bits have been updated, but there's plenty still to revise.

And that's what this thread is for - any comments, suggestions, criticisms and feedback that you have.

Fire away!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
My only curiosity is who is Grand Union?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm sorry... did I miss something?... No link to any of my trip reports?...

Well, quite frankly I'm insulted
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Genius1
I'm sorry... did I miss something?... No link to any of my trip reports?...

Well, quite frankly I'm insulted
Actually, you raise a blisteringly good point. ^

Is there desire for a directory of BA related trip reports? The current thread directory placed in the BA Board Help Desk sticky can be supplemented with a list of valued trip reports. Feel free to foward your nominations to your mod team by PM.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:08 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Grand Union
Award tickets and MFU’s (Miles for Upgrade) on BA book into one of four fare buckets, X for Economy, P for WT+, U for Club, and Z for First. The amount of seats left in each bucket is only viewable to BA. It isn’t made public on GDS’s such as Amadeus and Sabre – you cannot search for them on ‘availability tools’ (like ExpertFlyer or KVS). To check availability, you can either call them and ask (they’re usually very obliging), or just check yourself on ba.com – this shows the same availability as BA can see themselves.
Actually, BA (and most other OneWorld) award/upgrade availability continues to be accessible exclusively via the KVS Tool.

More info is available in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ml#post4123030 thread and at http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes

Please also add "KVS" to the acronym list.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
Actually, you raise a blisteringly good point. ^

Is there desire for a directory of BA related trip reports? The current thread directory placed in the BA Board Help Desk sticky can be supplemented with a list of valued trip reports. Feel free to foward your nominations to your mod team by PM.
Well, now you mention it...

Can I also suggest linking BBB's, matthandy's and Fraser's (Airliners.net) BA trip reports, or those trip reports which feature BA lounges? I'm sure there are plenty more out there too but those names spring to mind whose trip reports are well written and that I've read recently.

Last edited by Genius1; Feb 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks, Genius1 ^

The directory is now in place and your BA related reports have now been added to it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13303651-post3.html
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great ^ Do you think it would be beneficial to provide a note as to what status each flight is based on next to each link - that way, somebody may view a Euro Traveller trip report to find out about a BA lounge, even if they are not travelling in ET. Could be useful?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Genius1
but those names spring to mind whose trip reports are well written and that I've read recently.
Good as they are there are many many others as well you know.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
No Doubt, Hiddy's TRs tend to be a good laugh...
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Changes made thus far:
- Correction to remove limited access at MUC (new BA lounge open to both Gold/Silver and CE travellers)
- Amended details re availability not being available outside BA, now includes KVS
- Amended glossary to include KVS

Anything else? Eagle eyed reviews welcome!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:28 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I have 3 TRs, probably this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...o-pursers.html is only one worthy of mention in the Ultimate Guide.

This one I quite like but has no photos http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-lhr-bos.html

My other one is only a domestic one and is a bit bland.

Best wishes
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure whether it's mentioned, but it would be good to include Fast Track security access for Golds and Silvers at LHR T3, LHR T5, JFK T7, MAN and NCL (and anywhere else where it's applicable?).
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:51 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Changes made thus far:
- Correction to remove limited access at MUC (new BA lounge open to both Gold/Silver and CE travellers)
- Amended details re availability not being available outside BA, now includes KVS
- Amended glossary to include KVS

I think it would be brilliant if we made the ultimate BA Lounge guide with directions and description! Personally I've only been to lounges in GLA, LGW, LHR, JFK, BOS, FCO, MUC and Verona.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA no longer operate the 733 or 735, so they need to be removed from the fleet listing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.