Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A first trip report (no pics sorry!) - GLA via LHR to BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Deleted

Last edited by FlyerTalker6245; May 23, 2020 at 6:53 am
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andset1191
I loved FIRST class, the crew, the pyjamas, the food, even the other passengers!

The seat was fantastic - I cannot understand why people have so much to complain about - it may not be the most modern, but what it is is highly functional and comfortable.
Glad you enjoyed it andset1191 . Your enthusiasm and excitement is clearly evident in your report - wish I could still be like that when flying.

I agree with you about the seat I think it's pretty good as well.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the report and congrats on the upgrade.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Congratulations on the upgrade and thanks for the TR!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by andset1191
And yes, we did get held on the ground in Boston for 30 mins waiting for a stand.
BOS question anyone: I suppose Terminal E would be at its near busiest at the arrival time of the 239 so, at that time, can BA flights only occupy one designated gate which presumably was still filled with a [slightly delayed?] 214 waiting to go?

Thanks for the TR, I enjoyed the many details and sense of giddy excitement!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I don't know about only one stand but I do know that when they get very busy with departing planes you can be waiting for a while, especially if there has been some disruption (storms usually).

Nothing used to beat the hiddeous mad scrum that used to accompany the Terminal E security screening and (possibly) the (worlds smallest) departure space (per number of airlines/gates) after that from about 17:00 onwards. The current situation is an improvement but not anywhere near perfect.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Great TR -I love to see people witht he same sense of excitement as I have when travelling. To be upgraded is icing on the cake - what a great trip you must have had.

Thanks for sharing ^

Regards
AKS120
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
Great read, I felt your excitment too!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
BOS question anyone: I suppose Terminal E would be at it's near busiest at the arrival time of the 239 so, at that time, can BA flights only occupy one designated gate which presumably was still filled with a [slightly delayed?] 214 waiting to go?

Thanks for the TR, I enjoyed the many details and sense of giddy excitement!
Not really actually, the 214 on its 'late setting' is about the last outbound out of E and the 239 the only night stop (the AA gets towed to B for the day flight I think). So as mentioned above it's probably just that BA only uses Gate 7 and the 214 was still moored. Regular occurrence with the 215/212 pair with light jet stream (215 early) but as the 212 has been sat there since early afternoon it is rarely its fault.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Glad you had a good trip andset1191.

I did not understand why you were so delighted to fly on G-EUYC although G-BUSH is quite amusing - I have seen that one before and had a chuckle myself.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Because G-BUSH is clapped out & rickity whereas EUYC is pretty close to brand-new.

'grats on the U-word andset1191, your excitement is tangible in this TR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.