Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
It's a bit mean on ANA's part - its not as if there is any marginal cost to them of us all using their website.
Great workaround which I've started using.

Depending upon their software licensing there could be a marginal transaction cost based on their expected number of transactions. If the number of 'free' searches isn't resulting in revenue to cover the infrastructure, then someone has to pay or reduce the free transactions.

All of that being said though, possibly there is a business model for them to provide the service which other *A carriers aren't providing.

The similar data is available through ExpertFlyer but at more than $10/annum.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA*G, former BD*LG :-(
Originally Posted by Albatross710
The similar data is available through ExpertFlyer but at more than $10/annum.
I don't think ExpertFlyer supports awards on all airlines, just this list: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do. If they covered all *A I would certainly sign up. Perhaps in time they will.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
142 miles from Monday's SN LHR-BRU jump successfully registered to my NH account - full access resumed ^
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm having problems running script and get error message. 'document undefined, line 10 , char 1'

aqny thoughts???

thanks
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
I had the same problem when trying to run it in Internet Explorer. I think it's because the script needs to be run in Firefox. I had to open a firefox browser, googled greasemonkey script and installed it as an add-on. Then the script will install okay and it does work - thank goodness!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zanderblue
I'm having problems running script and get error message. 'document undefined, line 10 , char 1'

aqny thoughts???

thanks
It ONLY works in Firefox with GreaseMonkey installed. If you are not running in that combination then it will not work for you.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
I have 52K on ANA but am having a hard time finding award flights. Only CO is showing up, even though it's a general search.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by whizbee
I have 52K on ANA but am having a hard time finding award flights. Only CO is showing up, even though it's a general search.
What route are you searching for? If other airlines would require a connection you'd need to search for the connecting flights (e.g. EWR-FRA, FRA-BOM rather than just EWR-BOM) to get other airlines to show up.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Thanks but I do not (and will not) run Windows.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by KVS
KVS Tool is not affected by the latest changes to the ANA website and continues to provide access to award/upgrade availability across all Star Alliance member carriers: http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Thanks but I do not (and will not) run Windows.
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
It's been so long since I posted on this thread, that I had forgotten the context of commenting that I do not and (and will not) run Windows.

It's quite an interesting thread this, so I was a little surprised that my view on MS Windows was most worthy of response from Always Flyin.

To put it into context, I have owned a Mac since 2003. They aren't perfect but I do prefer them to a PC running Windows. I don't hate PC's nor do I think them inferior in every way. Here is a prime example of where a PC is better than a Mac, there are solutions like KVS which will only run on a Windows machine.

There are people who are militantly anti-Mac, anti-PC, pro-Mac or pro-PC. I see that as a little too extreme but each to their own.

Why will I not run Windows? Firstly, I would have to buy a full licence which is not cheap. Secondly, running Windows requires a greater level of vigilance when it comes to viruses and malware. I could buy Norton but that's something else to add to the bill. Thirdly, my experience of Windows is that it runs slower than Mac OS X. It depends from config to config but as a general point, that's my experience.

Do I hate Windows, no. Do I wear t-shirts denigrating those who own a PC, no.

Do I run Windows, no. Do I intend to do so in the future, no.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
It's been so long since I posted on this thread, that I had forgotten the context of commenting that I do not and (and will not) run Windows.
Sorry. My off-the-cuff comment didn't warrant the length of your reponse. I know how much time it takes to draft something.

Frankly, the absolute "I will not run Windows" comments came across, at least to me, as pretty blatant anti-Windows in favor of a Mac, which I found ironic in light of a Windows cure to the problem at issue (that Apple doesn't provide).

Macs are good for what they do. But you have to do it Apple's way, and you have to pay the sizeable financial premium due to the absence of competition.

PCs give me a lot more flexibility. There are at least a dozen utilities I use on a daily basis that are not Mac compatible. KVS is just one of them.

If I were inclined to run a Mac, I would at least set it up to run Windows in emulation mode so I could access Windows programs when I need to.

But that's me.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 2:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Windows are for gazing out of whilst enjoying your bmi diamond club award, found using ANA. Thread now back on-topic.

FWIW, a second Starwood point, transferred last Tuesday, arrived in ANA today, so it looks like the Starwood transferred miles credit once a week on Mondays.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jun 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
.... which I found ironic in light of a Windows cure to the problem at issue (that Apple doesn't provide).
C'mon...Windows doesn't provide the solution. A guy who wrote a program to screen-scrape ana.co.jp provides a solution that you have to pay for and that only works on Windows. If one wants to run a Mac there are at least two other FREE solutions to the problem still out there without transferring points into the program.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
I transfered 10 miles from my SPG account , which 4 days later credited in my ANA account.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:22 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
... there are at least two other FREE solutions to the problem still out there without transferring points into the program.
If we had Wiki posts, I wouldn't have to ask what they are, but may I?

Originally Posted by bertheike
I transfered 10 miles from my SPG account , which 4 days later credited in my ANA account.
You can only transfer that little as SPG Plat, correct? I am lowly Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.